https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twiss?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Twiss?  (Read 6286 times)

bumble

Twiss?
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:56:50 PM »

Twissy’s attitude has been spot-on so far, and I’m sure the gaffer will get the best out of him. The gaffer and I are very clear about effort levels. It’s not a requirement, it’s a demand that players give their all. There will be no tolerance for anyone letting down the rest on that score."

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Twiss?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:01:09 AM »

If he gets in shape he should do well

Red Black Red Black

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 09:04:54 AM »

Come on Twiss let's have you firing on all cylinders alongside Reeves - a mouth watering prospect don't you think?

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:14:49 AM »

We can but hope  ::)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 09:49:22 AM »

I admit to being one of Michaels biggest critics on here...

I will however no longer post negative comments about him as from what I read on the main site he may well have come back fitter and keener that last season.

Michael has obviously got the ability to bang in the goals if his mental & physical state is good, so the slate is wiped clean as far as I am concerned Twissy.  Show us all what you are about...

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 09:56:27 AM »

I'm feeling positive about Twissy this season, no reason why he shouldn't do well if he has indeed come back with renewed focus and enthusiasm.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 10:01:49 AM »

I will however no longer post negative comments about him as from what I read on the main site he may well have come back fitter and keener that last season.

Michael has obviously got the ability to bang in the goals if his mental & physical state is good, so the slate is wiped clean as far as I am concerned Twissy.  Show us all what you are about...

Thats a very fair statement,....lets hope that Michael can re-produce some of the form he once showed for Morecambe ;D ;D

flaggerstu2

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »

Its a new season all players existing and new should be given a chance to prove themselves for THIS season. I remember a lad on loan from tranmere who started off slow, a lad called Hey. In the end he became quite a hero, so maybe Mr Twiss just might be the same. Good luck lads, enjoy the friendlies and then really get stuck in beginning at Harrogate

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 11:27:52 AM »

I certainly hope Michael Twiss repays the fans patience with an important contribution to a promotionseason.

I think he can count himself fairly fortunate to have had minimal stick for what was a pitiful contribution last season.

For me he starts with a clean slate as we are only now interested in this season.

He has the potential to be remembered fondly as an integral part of an enjoyable promotion season or as our worst contracted player ever who took the money despite not even being able to compete at this level.............it's his choice.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 02:26:33 PM »

For my money, he was a disgrace last season and a major reason why the BSP place we fought so hard for was surrendered, as such he needs to do much more than turn up to be given any credit, I'll need to see some results from him that start to rectify this before he egts any credit at all. As for now it wouldn't surprise me to see him get injured agian in pre season.

As for turning up at pre season and showing a good attitude, well that's magic, thanks for that - are we to be thankful for players turning up and earning their (in some case like this good money) by doing what they should? Bare mimimum for me that, as Tolson alludes to.

Yes it would be helpful and it is  good to read I suppose but I he won't reproduce his old Morecambe form, he's far to past the wrong side of 30 for that. Our best hope is that the lower level helps him to adjust his style of play in his advancing years to become more effective, which in itself can  be a challenge and I hope that his attitude is good enough to do so.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 03:33:02 PM »

For my money, he was a disgrace last season and a major reason why the BSP place we fought so hard for was surrendered, as such he needs to do much more than turn up to be given any credit, I'll need to see some results from him that start to rectify this before he egts any credit at all. As for now it wouldn't surprise me to see him get injured agian in pre season.

As for turning up at pre season and showing a good attitude, well that's magic, thanks for that - are we to be thankful for players turning up and earning their (in some case like this good money) by doing what they should? Bare mimimum for me that, as Tolson alludes to.

Yes it would be helpful and it is  good to read I suppose but I he won't reproduce his old Morecambe form, he's far to past the wrong side of 30 for that. Our best hope is that the lower level helps him to adjust his style of play in his advancing years to become more effective, which in itself can  be a challenge and I hope that his attitude is good enough to do so.

Absolutely spot on, Ballers.

The slate is certainly not wiped clean as regards Twiss, it is merely stored away in the shed pending developments this season.

Redemption may, indeed, still be possible....but he owes us an awful lot after last season's debacle.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 08:43:23 PM »

Playing at a "lower level" didn't help him when he was loaned to Stalybridge. We all know he's GOT something to offer - but last season we only saw occasional glimpses of it.

He starts with a clean slate for me, on the basis that a change of management might restrict his hunger to onfield appetite (says I who've put on about six pounds in close season !)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »

You will soon run that off when you start chasing Dave Birch up and down the pop side Phil  ;)

altyshop

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »

Twiss will struggle more this season than last, id offer him a settlement to leave and bring a young striker who can actually move

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 11:25:51 PM »

Twiss will struggle more this season than last, id offer him a settlement to leave and bring a young striker who can actually move

Crystal balls?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twiss?