News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Encouragement....

Author Topic: Encouragement....  (Read 2640 times)

ben7

Encouragement....
« on: June 01, 2007, 02:19:05 AM »

just been reading through the forum and have noticed we havent really given Lewis Chalmers a lot of support. last time he was selected for the National Game XI set up there was a thread on here with lots of good luck messages. im sure players look on the forum and would appreciate some encouragement. Im on the understanding from a friend that lewis returned from his holiday and the very same day met up with National Game XI. After the four nations and the game in Finland I understand he and Karl Munroe are off to africa.Very busy man by all accounts!!

Good luck to lewis with the england thing and good luck to them both with the africa thing. just out of intrest tho, are we not encouarging lewis like last time because he is the only player not to resign???

markecky

Re: Encouragement....
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 08:35:13 AM »

I'm sure his friends and agent are giving him all the support he needs  ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 09:47:47 AM »

I think the difference is we have Lewis' friends on here trying to talk him up as a player and somehow trying to get people to think that the club have treated him badly

i) He should know by now that he's a good player, to have to have people constantly going on about it seems a bit insecure.

ii) He is a good player, that's perfectly obvious. He isn't however on the level of someone like Ian Craney. Don't forget, people on here have watched non league football for 20 years or so, not a better in my day view but we know what is what.

iii) Everyone wishes him well, obviously. We also understand why he's decided not to sign a contract, he's perfectly entitled not to. However, due to point ii) most people understand GH and the clubs position and believe they have acted accordingly. You only have to look at the loyalty the players give in return for the professional way they are treated to see this.

iv) Interestingly, I don't recall Lewis mates being on here in 2005-06 carping when he failed to push on or give any performances that justified being the clubs only contracted player. Did he rest on his laurels? Does he now have an agent filling his head with stardust? In both cases I hope not as he seems a nice lad and he could have a bright future ahead of him and at 23 he couldn't be expected to appreciate that the grass is greener.

We do of course wish him well but please do not underestimate those who psot on here as mere speccies who know nothing about football (apart from Alty Tunnel Steward of course  ;))

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 10:04:02 AM »

Of Course Ballers!!

How could anyone be so daft as to expect a Ref to know owt about Football.

My contribution for the little it's worth however is to agree with what you say particularly the comment about Ian Craney. I'd actually go further back to pick someone for Lewis to aspire to match - Nicky Daws!!

Views anyone?

ben7

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 05:52:06 PM »

wow ballers is someone a little bitter about lewis not signing by any chance?

im no friend of lewis so who is that???? im a supporter like you, and after looking on the fa website and seeing lewis chalmers of altrincham fc, i was quite proud and thought ti would be nice to give him some encouragement. thats all. and if your going to make comments about someone at least get their age right he is 21 not 23!

Good Luck Lewis if you read this and Good Luck Karl for Africa, i as an alty fan wish you both success in the africa tour.

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 07:06:27 PM »

im no friend of lewis so who is that???? im a supporter like you, and after looking on the fa website and seeing lewis chalmers of altrincham fc, i was quite proud and thought ti would be nice to give him some encouragement. thats all. and if your going to make comments about someone at least get their age right he is 21 not 23!

Good Luck Lewis if you read this and Good Luck Karl for Africa, i as an alty fan wish you both success in the africa tour.

maybe you should read your own posts

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=1547.msg12463#msg12463

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 07:44:11 AM »

Gawd, please read the post properly. Try and understand what I have written as opposed to what you want to think I have. Thank You ::)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 05:01:17 PM »

. and if your going to make comments about someone at least get their age right he is 21 not 23!

So, Lewis signing a contract is a bit of a red herring then isn't it. Alty will get compo for players under the age of 23 anyway. As I stated before, as good as Lewis is - and he has more international caps than a few illustrious ex players have - he's not in the Craney/Daws bracket and as such wouldn't command a fee over £10k anyway really.

teasybeaver

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »

Why would we start a good luck in africa thread now? We knew he and the others were going months ago, it was commented on then?

All you've done here is start a needless arguement about Lewis Chalmers for the 2nd time. Ballers is right, we've had better players than lewis at alty and the fans know that through years of experience. What is the point in coming on here barking off at other fans, making stupid posts about our players. We're all proud of Lewis and he knows that without you coming on here mis-quoting everyone, including yourself!

Lewis is still an Alty player unless you forgot so of course he gets our support. If you want to start threads like this and his mates do come on here then you can hold yourself responsible when he thinks the fans dont like him.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 12:38:25 PM »

when he thinks the fans dont like him.

I think that may be the idea.  ::)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Encouragement....