News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott and our squad

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott and our squad  (Read 3153 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 06, 2013, 10:14:47 AM »

Can I just add my thanks to Lee Sinnott for a great season, and his players and back-up management also. Despite the result going against us the other day, Lee you have been genuine and an all round nice guy. Very approachable and honest also. I value reading about your opinions in the after-match analysis, and the fact you can discuss the game exactly as it was earns you more and more respect both inside and outside the club. I also know how you will be feeling as manager of the team at the moment, but do not think for one minute that this will stop us supporting you and what you are trying to achieve. I am sure like myself, that all of the fans know what you are trying to do, and where we as a club are going. There are just one or two tweeks needed, and we as a club are almost there. Personally I would rather the club stayed in this division a season longer if it meant that getting promoted would see us straight back down again. You know what needs to be done but I think you just need a little more time to achieve it. He has done as promised, which was to make us a playoff team within a couple of years. To me he has already proved himself as the man to take us forward, and I feel he should now be given more time to get the team to where we want to be. I have seen enough this season to convince me he is the man to take us forward. One or two more tweeks with the team and we will be there at the top again. Does anybody know how long Lee has on his contract? I assumed he was on a two year one, which means it would expire the end of this season, he needs two to three more years, to see through his more long term plans, but as I say we are nearly there. The smile is back on all our faces Lee, which is exactly what you said you would do.

To the players, I would like to say a big thank you for a great season, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. I am sorry that things did not finally go to plan but we all appreciate your whole-hearted efforts. We are not quite there yet but I know we are closer than we have ever been. You play a lovely style of football, which is great to watch, and are hugely entertaining - I consider myself a lucky football fan to have been treated to some great attacking football which is so delightful to watch; and played exactly the way football should be played. Never resorting to long balls, but sticking faithfully to the formula of pass and move the ball around, and make the ball do the work, and superb support of one another with shrewd movements supporting your colleagues. It is not since the 70's/early 80s, and the 90-91 season since I have seen teams and defenders trying to cope under of barrage of fine attacking football. And some of the passing leading to goals is an absolute treat, you are a very talented squad, so please do not be too disheartened, as I know you will have taken the result badly, hence this message.

Get the majority of the squad under extended contracts, in particular Damien, Scott, Luca, Nicky and Dunc, and lets try and get a couple more seasons out of Stu. Get Lee and his team 3 more years, and lets get this club forward. THINK BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYWHERE DIFFERENT!!!!

Finally I would like to say to my fellow fans, thanks for the laughs this season, and your superb unstinting support of the team. We have been brilliant this season and are the envy of many other clubs - as seen recently by a team I will not mention. Any criticism we do get is born out of jealousy only. I want to assure the team that this support will be ongoing and we will be taking this into next season and beyond. My thanks are also due to Graham and all his back up volunteers from Jenny in the bar, who reluctantly helps feed my Pork Scratching addiction, to George who runs the youth team and like many others, works tirelessly behind the scenes of the club; and finally to the gangsta types who I always buy my programmes from, and Dawn and Keith and colleagues, who work hard in the Tuck shop serving me with Bovril and my MF chocolate bars - you know what I mean!!! Work rest and play!

Great club, great management, great team, great fans and great volunteers. See you all next season and back to the freakin gardening and DIY - friggin A!!!! 

Hamilton

Re: Lee Sinnott and our squad
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:28 AM »

superb post

bumble

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 12:36:20 PM »

I dont believe Lee is under contract Steve

JDN

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »

Yes he been working with no contract since appointment

PeterJ

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 11:55:05 PM »

a manager so confident in his own ability he does not have a contract, refreshing change.

great season with a gutting end. been a joy to watch a lot of the goals we have scored.

season ticket for me next season and hope for more of the same,with a better finish

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 12:00:04 AM »

Keep on seeing the word great yet most people said he should be sacked if we didn't make playoffs our season good no better

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 12:06:00 AM »

Keep on seeing the word great yet most people said he should be sacked if we didn't make playoffs our season good no better
We made the play-offs Jimmy......

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 12:12:34 AM »

Yes I know phil I never said it wasn't good the word great is used to easily by football commentators it's rubbed of on the public if we think not getting promoted is great we might aswell call it a day

PeterJ

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 12:20:22 AM »

Yes I know phil I never said it wasn't good the word great is used to easily by football commentators it's rubbed of on the public if we think not getting promoted is great we might aswell call it a day

season was a massive improvement on last season,i saw more games and me and my mates thought it was great. just my opinion on it mate. if its not yours then fair enough.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 12:27:53 AM »

Fair enough Peter

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 12:30:10 AM »

Another year mate.....I might indulge in more beer on the road this time  ;)

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »

Nice one phil

JDN

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 09:36:10 AM »

It's a fine line

JDN

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 09:37:48 AM »

spot on
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team