Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Struck me the other day that we might not mention Damien Reeves....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Struck me the other day that we might not mention Damien Reeves....  (Read 4657 times)

markecky

...enough, he needs to know we don't take him for granted.

We are so lucky to have the countrys second top scorer in our team for two seasons running.

Here's to another mate.... 70 goals between you and Walshaw next season.  No problem.

Just need to sign Jonny Rocket on the right wing now.

Who could forget when we saw this picture of Graham Rowleys odd wallpaper last season:

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile

That was the best news of the year. I remember the day he signed thinking we'd just gone from a possible top ten finish to possible play off candidates in the space of 5 minutes. Another brilliant player that I'd be devastated to lose.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Excellent post. If any non-league player deserves a break in the football league it is Damien. Not to take anything away from Dunc, but Damien has been our best player for the last two full season. However I would like to keep him at Alty.

Jimmy

Quality forward top bloke always happy to chat with fans and very loyal to the club many if not all players would've wanted to leave in his first season when bizarrely he only played half the time because kenny preferred Twiss and Beasley top man

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I just hope we can hold onto Damian because he's an amazing talent and a loyal clubman too. His goals will hopefully win us the title next season.

Here's to another 40+ goals next season!
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Very lucky to have such a superb player at the club and hope he's here for many years to come.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Damian is a fabulous player, I cant wait to see him link up with Walshaw next season, have they played together before at Farsley?

Hulme Robin

Top player - needs his own song - just singing "reevsey, reevsey" -  is not good enough.

bumble

Top player - needs his own song - just singing "reevsey, reevsey" -  is not good enough.

He scores when he wants, He score when he wants, that boy Reevsey, He score when he wants - is used frequently

ArmchairAlty

Top player - needs his own song - just singing "reevsey, reevsey" -  is not good enough.

He scores when he wants, He score when he wants, that boy Reevsey, He score when he wants - is used frequently

Indeed, and I've heard Jimmy sing a version of Swamp Thing by The Chameleons along the lines of "He's Reevesy... he's like another Ken McKenna"

Great point though, I think with the comings and goings this week its easy to forget we have a striker who's bagged 40 plus 2 seasons in a row. Hearing he had signed last year was fantastic. Looking forward to the partnership with Walshaw and the possibilities it may bring!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:02:03 PM by RedRedRobin »

Hamilton

Re: Struck me the other day that we might not mention Damien Reeves....
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »

To score as many goals as Reevesy takes a special talent very, very few have.

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »

The prospect of a Reeves/Walshaw partnership is mouth watering. Brings back memories of Hughes/Smith, Rogers/Johnson, Rogers/Whitbread, Mckenna/Brady, Green/Morton, Little/Thornley etc.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 06:23:22 PM »

Hughes / Smith needed a Morris
Rogers / Johnson and Rogers / Whitbread needed a Howard
McKenna / Brady needed a Showler
Green / Morton a Terry / Sharratt
and Little / Thornley a Potts

The Clee / Doughty axis is certainly part of the solution, and on his day so is Lawrie

I feel we are a whisker away from a great side - it feels a bit like the squad buidling that turned a team built around Cavanagh - Hardwick - Clements - Moore into one with a spine of Stepney - Bailey - King - Rogers over the course of 2 - 3 seasons, whilst maintaining the Owens, Davison, Heathcote, Johnson (OK and Stan Allen too).

bumble

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 06:59:29 PM »

In light of the thread, Tranmere Rovers match poster will pay homage to his superb goal scoring record...

Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 07:20:49 PM »

Hughes / Smith needed a Morris
Rogers / Johnson and Rogers / Whitbread needed a Howard
McKenna / Brady needed a Showler
Green / Morton a Terry / Sharratt
and Little / Thornley a Potts

The Clee / Doughty axis is certainly part of the solution, and on his day so is Lawrie

I feel we are a whisker away from a great side - it feels a bit like the squad buidling that turned a team built around Cavanagh - Hardwick - Clements - Moore into one with a spine of Stepney - Bailey - King - Rogers over the course of 2 - 3 seasons, whilst maintaining the Owens, Davison, Heathcote, Johnson (OK and Stan Allen too).

Alty have always been at their best when they have had consistency in the squad.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Struck me the other day that we might not mention Damien Reeves....