PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lump in the throat
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lump in the throat  (Read 6071 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Lump in the throat
« on: September 21, 2010, 11:46:13 PM »

To see the lads mob ken after both goals,anyone who has had the misfortune to watch alty for 20 years will know what a legend ken is at this club.And to see those lads battle the way they did for him tonight was fantastic.I think they showed who they want to guide them.It was dogs of war,and to show such character after saturday was fantastic.We are a long way from where we want to be,but the way they grew in confidence as the game went on showed their spirit reigniting, bring on grimsby we fear no one!!!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lump in the throat
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 11:50:25 PM »

To see the lads mob ken after both goals,anyone who has had the misfortune to watch alty for 20 years will know what a legend ken is at this club.And to see those lads battle the way they did for him tonight was fantastic.I think they showed who they want to guide them.It was dogs of war,and to show such character after saturday was fantastic.We are a long way from where we want to be,but the way they grew in confidence as the game went on showed their spirit reigniting, bring on grimsby we fear no one!!!

As pleased I am with the three points (and I'm ***king delighted), that speaks volumes to me and they're the kind of volumes I love listening to.

Come on Alty

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 12:00:27 AM »

It was fantastic to see and took me back to the Taylor years - a true sense of togetherness

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 12:03:32 AM »

Not wishing to express any preference either way but the Bench was so different tonight

Encouragement - YES

Motivation - YES

Togetherness - YES

Blind Criticism - NO

Also (and off topic somewhat) I hope that the Barrow lad isn't too badly hurt

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 08:47:13 AM »

It has been 5 long months since I had the pleasure of driving back to Shropshire after a game in the knowledge that we had just won a game...

Last night Alty displayed the reason why I choose the 125 mile round trip to watch them, They had passion, Heart, team spirit and fire in there bellies..

As you know I am a glass half full person when it comes to Alty and I went home a happy man ...

I am not getting carried away by one win but the nature of achieving it gives me hope for the rest of the season..

Everyone who played last night put in a good shift... Densmore in midfield... At last...

We maybe cant see the light at the end of the tunnel but at least we can now see the fkn tunnel.... ;)

Roll on Saturday... and bring on the Trawlermen or Mariners or whatever there called  :D

PS Well done the Folks who decorated the NWS it was great walking in there after the game seeing the happy faces and the decor was superb...

Cmon ALTY.....

Holkerbird

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 09:01:33 AM »

Not wishing to express any preference either way but the Bench was so different tonight

Encouragement - YES

Motivation - YES

Togetherness - YES

Blind Criticism - NO

Also (and off topic somewhat) I hope that the Barrow lad isn't too badly hurt

Well done Alty. You deserved your win.
Sadly Simon Wiles the player injured has damaged his cruciate ligament and is expected to be out for the rest of the season. He has had a long battle to get back into the game following a serious injury to his other knee but is an honest and decent lad and will do the same with ths injury I am sure.

Foz

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 09:27:42 AM »

Well done Alty. You deserved your win.
Sadly Simon Wiles the player injured has damaged his cruciate ligament and is expected to be out for the rest of the season. He has had a long battle to get back into the game following a serious injury to his other knee but is an honest and decent lad and will do the same with ths injury I am sure.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.

Good luck to Simon for a full and fast recovery!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 10:24:55 AM »

That's awful news - I too hope he makes a full and speedy recovery

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 10:41:27 AM »

I thought it looked bad. The lad scored for you on Saturday didn't he ? Horrible injury (just ask Matt Doughty !), and I wish him well for a full recovery, though unfortunately  "speedy" isn't an option with cruciate ligament injuries.

HealdGreenBarra

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 10:56:18 AM »

I thought it looked bad. The lad scored for you on Saturday didn't he ? Horrible injury (just ask Matt Doughty !), and I wish him well for a full recovery, though unfortunately  "speedy" isn't an option with cruciate ligament injuries.

The damage is to be confirmed but that is what is suspected. And yes he scored two for us on Saturday, really coming into form after a previous injury on the other leg, shame this had to happen with about five other first choice players with long term injuries.

I thought the game had 0-0 written all over it until the penalty. Even then we hit the bar seconds later and the post even later.

Anyway you still have a lot of catch up to do and I think you could do with a couple of decent loan players.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 01:58:25 PM »

It has been 5 long months since I had the pleasure of driving back to Shropshire after a game in the knowledge that we had just won a game...

Last night Alty displayed the reason why I choose the 125 mile round trip to watch them, They had passion, Heart, team spirit and fire in there bellies..

As you know I am a glass half full person when it comes to Alty and I went home a happy man ...

I am not getting carried away by one win but the nature of achieving it gives me hope for the rest of the season..

Everyone who played last night put in a good shift... Densmore in midfield... At last...

We maybe cant see the light at the end of the tunnel but at least we can now see the fkn tunnel.... ;)

Roll on Saturday... and bring on the Trawlermen or Mariners or whatever there called  :D

PS Well done the Folks who decorated the NWS it was great walking in there after the game seeing the happy faces and the decor was superb...

Cmon ALTY.....

Quality ;D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 07:45:15 PM »

That's awful news - I too hope he makes a full and speedy recovery

All the best to him.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 07:45:46 PM »

To see the lads mob ken after both goals,anyone who has had the misfortune to watch alty for 20 years will know what a legend ken is at this club.And to see those lads battle the way they did for him tonight was fantastic.I think they showed who they want to guide them.It was dogs of war,and to show such character after saturday was fantastic.We are a long way from where we want to be,but the way they grew in confidence as the game went on showed their spirit reigniting,

Spot on.

Holkerbird

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 04:44:49 PM »

Just thought you might like an update on the injury to Simon Wiles. Unfortunately he has suffered damage to the cruciate and anterior ligament and cartilege and will be out for twelve months but the likelyhood is he will not play again. He is only 25 and it will be a sad end to his career if this is so.
Thanks to those who offered their sympathies and good wishes.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »

Just thought you might like an update on the injury to Simon Wiles. Unfortunately he has suffered damage to the cruciate and anterior ligament and cartilege and will be out for twelve months but the likelyhood is he will not play again. He is only 25 and it will be a sad end to his career if this is so.
Thanks to those who offered their sympathies and good wishes.
This is very sad, glad we showed him respect at the game, unlike some other clubs would have
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lump in the throat