PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 marc joseph
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: marc joseph  (Read 7736 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
marc joseph
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »

I can only assume it depends where you watched the game from (mausoleum for me). I thought he was ok 2nd half with a reasonable touch and some good 1st half crosses. Prob looked overhit cos McCarthy ducked under or shied away from most of them. Defensively, esp what i saw at close hand first half he absolutely scared me to death, turning his back on crosses (like Darlo's equaliser), hopelessy diving in on Edwards as he skipped round him, giving away what should have been a penalty when he climbed all over Walker. The man is a car crash of a footballer, an accident waiting to happen. And i've just seen a clip of his hesitancy for Kiddy's first goal. Still, he must have something going for him and he did appear to do a bit better second half.   

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: marc joseph
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 10:30:25 PM »

Marc Joseph had a decent game last night. 

Ok he hasnt been brilliant so far but  Credit where credits due.

Well played Marc Joseph.

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »

I too thought he had a good game, easily his best for us so far. I just hope its not a flash in the pan cos he's clearly here to stay

joe

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 07:50:52 AM »

I can only assume it depends where you watched the game from (mausoleum for me). I thought he was ok 2nd half with a reasonable touch and some good 1st half crosses. Prob looked overhit cos McCarthy ducked under or shied away from most of them. Defensively, esp what i saw at close hand first half he absolutely scared me to death, turning his back on crosses (like Darlo's equaliser), hopelessy diving in on Edwards as he skipped round him, giving away what should have been a penalty when he climbed all over Walker. The man is a car crash of a footballer, an accident waiting to happen. And i've just seen a clip of his hesitancy for Kiddy's first goal. Still, he must have something going for him and he did appear to do a bit better second half.   

Perfect summary for me that Ballers.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »

Perfect summary for me that Ballers.

I can only echo joe's sentiments regarding Ballers' accurate synopsis of Joseph's performance.

He was extremely fortunate not to give away a penalty at the Golf Road End and Edwards was gliding past him at will during the first half.

He terrifies me.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

John W

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 07:29:40 PM »

Thought he played well enough to justify his place for Sat, as did Ryan Brown too.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 07:57:38 PM »

I saw a lot of Joseph in the 1st half and did start a bit edgily but did do quite well other than his crossing - though I didn't realise it was his ball in for the 2nd goal. His confidence did seem to grow through the game and, as with the team in general - performances will improve with confidence.

RocketDan

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 07:22:14 PM »

The man is a car crash of a footballer, an accident waiting to happen.

wait over?

John W

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »

Absolutely.  Terrible lack of composure for their 2nd.

The Undertaker

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 07:33:08 PM »

Absolutely.  Terrible lack of composure for their 2nd.

yeah i do agree with that, dont understand why he headed it straight up

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010, 07:36:15 PM »

As long as he's in the team, we will give goals (and points) away. Simple.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2010, 07:39:59 PM »

Playing Devils Advocate - did the keeper shout for the ball?

As it happens I get the feeling Joseph seems to be a square peg in a round hole - I am not sure there is any 1 specific position he is good enough for but is a handy all-rounder you can have on the subs bench

The Undertaker

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2010, 07:44:33 PM »

isnt he really a right back?

62vintage

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2010, 08:07:34 PM »

Goalie made a load shout for the ball

Dougals Dad

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2010, 08:11:32 PM »

Goalie made a load shout for the ball