PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich this season
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Northwich this season  (Read 4726 times)

RocketDan

Northwich this season
« on: August 04, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A38809696

are they being over optimistic?

Jenga

Re: Northwich this season
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 12:29:57 PM »

A bit optimistic, but I think Vics will do well.

I can see a repeat of 2006-07 season with a small number of teams being stranded at the bottom with a big jump in points and then a big pack of teams mid table.

Longman

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 01:27:07 PM »

Haven't they only got a squad of 16 with no more signings being allowed by the board?

markecky

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »

I thought Vics would do well up until Dino's bleating this week.

Now I think the board are trying to force him out or something..maybe he ia a bit pricey?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 02:59:25 PM »

I thought Vics would do well, and do very well if they signed Darryn Stamp.

However, the place is full of weirdoes. I am absolutely bemused as to this latest offering.

-------

The Northwich Guardian tells us that "Vics will cash in if more fans follow their clash with the European champions next week. The club has called on supporters to turn out in force for their friendly with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s young guns [who are NOT the European champions] – despite their season starting less than 48 hours later. 'The prospect of a reasonable chunk of cash proved irresistible', said a statement on their official website. 'We should do our best to make this game a good one'. A good one, but a strange one.

Vics will use the visitors’ changing room after losing a coin toss   :o ::)   and, despite being less than enamoured with the timing of the fixture, manager Dino Maamria was philosophical about his side’s extra summer friendly. 'We need the money', he said. 'Obviously I have to be careful as we have a very important game against Cambridge on Saturday but all the squad will play a part'. He also knows that extra pounds could pay for players, allowing him to sign Michael Byrne and Darryn Stamp in time to face the Us. Former owner Mike Connett called the Guardian to say he was happy to split the gate receipts with Vics.

'A big crowd means everybody wins', he said. His company, Beaconet, owns the stadium and will take match day expenses before halving what is left over. 'It’s taken a lot of work to get this game on', added Connett. 'But Manchester United wanted to play Northwich and I for one am delighted'.

Vics are also savvy enough to know they must keep the Red Devils onside. Their statement continued: 'If the club does become a stakeholder in the stadium the financial benefits of hosting anything ???regular reserve matches will be considerable. Clubs are queuing up to host anything with Manchester United so we need to stay firmly alongside them'. It finished with a plea to Vics followers sceptical their attendance would benefit their team. 'Life is never perfect and we must remember that to see the horizon, we should avoid looking at our feet'. Northwich Victoria face Manchester United Reserves next Thursday, August 7... Admission is £10 for adults, while U12s and concessions will pay £5'".

---------------

Why is Connett splitting the gate receipts with Vics? Surely BEaconnett should just get the expenses. He shouldn't be entitled to gate receipts, I understood they'd signed the lease already. Or is it just because it's a pre season friendly and not part of the league games he is able to make extra demands.

It's all very weird.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 05:05:51 PM by Ballers »

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 03:04:46 PM »

How far can the proceeds from this friendly benefit Vics? It's already clear that only a fraction of the takings will be theirs to keep and realistically how much could that be? How on earth can this make any real difference when looking to sign players of Stamp's calibre?? They are absolutely nuts!

Longman

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »

It's completly baffling!?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 04:26:31 PM »

One word..

DELUDED

altyf

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 08:16:36 PM »

That story that John Laidlar posted last night was absolutely bizarre!

Although they have a squad of 16, I believe 3 of them are injured and could have just 13 players for Saturday, possibly even less if they lose any more to injury on Thursday. Playing a game two games before the season is just a joke and there's no chance they'll make the money they need to pay for Stamp and Byrne. If I was Maamria though and I saw the board installing a new electronic turnstile system when I was trying to sign players I'd go crazy.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 12:56:36 AM »

Maybe Dino has spent his budget on 16 players when it should have stretched to 20.....if this is the case, then the board will be a bit peeved to say the least.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 01:16:07 PM »

you may laugh at us with the connett situation but i ask you this question who has been the team that has been relegated the past 3 seasons :D

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 01:23:30 PM »

you may laugh at us with the connett situation but i ask you this question who has been the team that has been relegated the past 3 seasons :D

Ask us again in three seasons' time 8)
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

dan_mtfc

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 01:45:44 PM »

I love how both sides try to force there own superiority....When in fairness you are both complete rubbish....

markecky

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »

And no doubt you'll be setting the world on fire in front of 1600..as usual

dan_mtfc

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 02:10:19 PM »

Even if we did get crowds that low it would still be double what you get....
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich this season