PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Gateshead Match Thread  (Read 9669 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2023, 12:29:07 PM »

With the best will in the world Hugill is never going to be a permanent fixture at Moss lane, I would keep Linney in the team, he is our no1 striker and he needs regular games so that he can get stronger and used to playing against the standard of defenders in our league. I’m all for the connection with MUFC regards loans etc but people like Linney who are our future, need to play. By all means play Joe Hugill but not at the expense of Regan.

With the best will in the world, Hugill is never going to be a permanent fixture at United either.

To stand any chance of making it at that sort of level, he should be shining for us like Maxi is.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2023, 02:03:39 PM »

If we're going to persist with Hugill, I would be tempted to play him almost as a winger - his speed is the main thing he brings to the table, and it isn't being utilised. After seeing that atrocious miss on Monday (I hate to say it, but Marcus would have put it away) I've reluctantly concluded that he's not the top class striker we thought we were getting.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2023, 04:32:01 PM »

All I want from the team at the moment is to get that final win and 3 points to make us safe this season.

I have found it a little frustrating that for whatever reason of those already mentioned, we have been unable to go further than our current 13th league position. I hope we get those 3 points soon, hopefully at Dorking.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2023, 05:01:28 PM »

We're certainly not going down but I'm becoming increasingly concerned that we don't seem to be committed to bettering last seasons tally and position.
The margins are very narrow in this league and I can possibly see us losing the next four matches as we will be playing teams who each have something to play for. We, at the moment, don't seem to share that imperative.

PS. Success in the Senior Cup, for me, would be scant consolation.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 05:03:07 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2023, 05:13:24 PM »

We're certainly not going down but I'm becoming increasingly concerned that we don't seem to be committed to bettering last seasons tally and position.
The margins are very narrow in this league and I can possibly see us losing the next four matches as we will be playing teams who each have something to play for. We, at the moment, don't seem to share that imperative.

For scant read zero.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2023, 05:53:48 PM »

I think we've been trying. Poor finishing against Fax and Gateshead let us down. Oldham we were poor until last 10 minutes. Hopefully a good performance coming up. They should be playing for next years contracts.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2023, 06:07:27 PM »

If we're going to persist with Hugill, I would be tempted to play him almost as a winger - his speed is the main thing he brings to the table, and it isn't being utilised. After seeing that atrocious miss on Monday (I hate to say it, but Marcus would have put it away) I've reluctantly concluded that he's not the top class striker we thought we were getting.

Gateshead Marcus, yes. Altrincham Marcus, no.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread