PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 at Trafford
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: at Trafford  (Read 6594 times)

RocketDan

Re: at Trafford
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 10:09:26 PM »

Mulholland looked quite exciting. He is tiny and might get knocked about a bit. but some of his movement and touches looked class.

5 goals in the second half were all well taken.

andrewflynn

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »

We played some good stuff tonight, it is delightful to watch an Altrincham team that are actually playing some decent football. I've been extremely impressed with our start to the season.

Reeves finished his chances well, and Mulholland was the catalyst for the second half onslaught. Lawton is looking good at right back, providing Densmore with the chance to play midfield in which he linked brilliantly with Summerskill and Danylyk at times.

I've got footage of all goals except the first, they will be on here soon.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 10:32:10 PM »

Just got back, negatives were,.... Richman injured again, twice in 3 games,...Nicky too injured and couldnt put any weight on his left ankle, not too serious but thankfully no game for a week. We looked a little disjointed first half, still a lack of understanding in there, but they need more games like this to improve. Defence not got lot of height, but maybe will be adequate. Pleased to see Lee wants them to pass and move good to see the style of play has improved a lot.

Positives, Densmore superb throughout again, defence solid, impressed with Lees strong lad, Summerskill very good again, Mulholland did his cause no harm at all, looks quite a sharp lad round the box, not sure how he will do against better defenders. Reevesy good confidence booster, did well. I thought Trafford were pretty poor TBH but you can only play who you are up against.

Another step forward, I think next two games will give us a better idea of how far we have got :-\

brian1925

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 11:11:22 PM »

My first look at our new team. In the first 15 minutes I thought we may win by a cricket score, such was our dominance. Then, as others have said, we faded and by half time I was wondering how on Earth we were going to score goals in BSN. Yes, I know we've seen quick, flash lads like Mulholland before (Carlos Logan springs to mind), but he is different - he knows where the goal is. He had 45 minutes to take his chance, and boy did he take his chance. He'll get crucified by huge BSN defenders, but he only needs half a chance to score. More importantly, Reevsey looked very comfortable with him up front and I think that may well make Lee's mind up for him.
As for the others - the keeper is tall and confident and never shuts up - sign him! I thought number 15 looked very composed at centre back (Coombs I think). Ant and Summers (his pass for Reevesy's 3rd goal was utter class) looked efficient and creative in midfield, but are they too similar? Lynch was every bit as aggressive as he was at other clubs I've seen him play for. Lees and Jones were very solid at the back. Brown and Robbie will be fine BSN full backs. Dens came into the game more 2nd half.
Honestly pretty impressed and though it was only Trafford, we look miles better than last year.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 12:23:24 AM »

Agree with the Pieman that we did look a little dis-jointed in the first half... Mulholland has a fair lick of pace and certainly impressed in the second half which seemed to get the lads going forward with a lot more purpose.. Once again a solid performance by the back four..  I am certainly enjoying the fact that they play the ball out of defence rather than the big lump forward...

Well done to the lads, Management and all the staff at the club

Looking forward to the visit of Barrow next Tues...   I believe the lads are having a bonding / training session this weekend, I will have to satisfy myself with cutting the grass   ::) 

Cmon Alty

B E L I E V E

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 08:47:27 AM »

Yes, agree with what has been said about Mulholland, he looked very pacy and not afraid to shoot, Reeves took all 3 of his goals well and it was an excellent second half performance. Looking forward to seeing how the new players shape up against Barrow.

Lovely set up at Trafford yet again, always a pleasure to visit their ground.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:02:19 AM by RedRedRobin »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 at Trafford