PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Can anybody confirm this?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can anybody confirm this?  (Read 6051 times)

jamestimperleyrobin

« on: May 21, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »

Apparently our team (Hale United U17s) are to play our home matches at moss lane next season. Can anyone with inside knowledge of the club confirm that this is true?

Steve-o

Re: Can anybody confirm this?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 09:27:52 PM »

Yes

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 09:42:28 PM »

Apparently our team (Hale United U17s) are to play our home matches at moss lane next season. Can anyone with inside knowledge of the club confirm that this is true?
alty fc u17 surely
Bernard Taylors barmy army

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 10:11:27 PM »

alty fc u17 surely

No, its Hale United

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 09:50:43 AM »

As someone who knows junior football in the Timperley and District league I would be very surprised if this was true.

Hale United do not have any connection with Alty FC Juniors, being a separate team entirely. The old Altrincham FC Juniors were originally known as Hale Barns United. I am unsure if Hale United even play in the Timperley and District League, or is this a fairly recent developement.

If Altrincham were to allow the use of Moss Lane, they would be wiser to keep with the own junior arm, hence my scepticism. Besides, it is already used by the first team and MUFC reserves. The youth team would take precedence if this was so.

Butty

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 10:10:38 AM »

I played at Moss Lane a few weeks ago, and it wasn't in good shape at all- I would be very surprised if they allow more football to be played on it

AltyIan

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 12:09:05 PM »

I played at Moss Lane a few weeks ago, and it wasn't in good shape at all- I would be very surprised if they allow more football to be played on it

::)

joker.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 01:13:43 PM »

As someone who knows junior football in the Timperley and District league I would be very surprised if this was true.

Hale United do not have any connection with Alty FC Juniors, being a separate team entirely. The old Altrincham FC Juniors were originally known as Hale Barns United. I am unsure if Hale United even play in the Timperley and District League, or is this a fairly recent developement.

If Altrincham were to allow the use of Moss Lane, they would be wiser to keep with the own junior arm, hence my scepticism. Besides, it is already used by the first team and MUFC reserves. The youth team would take precedence if this was so.

No Hale team in the T&D JFL as far as I am aware.....Timperley Villa, Altrincham Jnrs, Unicorn and Broadheath field almost 100 teams each week.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:22:02 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 07:10:16 PM »

No Hale team in the T&D JFL as far as I am aware.....Timperley Villa, Altrincham Jnrs, Unicorn and Broadheath field almost 100 teams each week.
We're in Stockport Metro League

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 07:15:28 PM »

I can't see anything which might jeopardise Man United Reserves' continued tenancy even being considered to be honest

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 08:26:02 PM »

I can't see anything which might jeopardise Man United Reserves' continued tenancy even being considered to be honest

I myself said I couldn't imagine it to be true

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 10:08:33 PM »

It's not true. It's the most ridiculous thing i've ever read, unless you just wanted attention.

Is it possible you could be playing at moss lane in timperley?

Butty

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 10:13:38 PM »

joker.

Charity match.

AltyIan

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 10:18:31 PM »

joker.

Charity match.

I wasn't insinuating you were joking about playing, but the fact that Moss Lane isn't in good shape. One of the best surfaces in non league surely

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 12:17:20 PM »

It's not true. It's the most ridiculous thing i've ever read, unless you just wanted attention.

Is it possible you could be playing at moss lane in timperley?

Ballers, I said the exact thing when I was told about this. They said we are to play at 'Alty's ground', this apparently coming from our coach and I couldn't see any reason why we would be given permission to play at Moss Lane, especially with United reserves and that.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team