PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 League recommend no Season tickets
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: League recommend no Season tickets  (Read 13132 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 08, 2020, 06:29:45 PM »

According to Wrexham AGM

"The National League has recommended clubs not to sell season tickets for the 2020-21 season."
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: League recommend no Season tickets
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 07:03:31 PM »

WREXHAM AFC held it's Annual General Meeting today via zoom and here are some of the main talking points.

* Seven people - Matthew Davies, Spencer Harris, Gavin Jones, James Kelly, Stephen Lloyd, Mark MacDougall and Matthew Scott - were all elected or re-elected to the board.

* The National League has recommended clubs not to sell season tickets for the 2020-21 season.

* Wrexham are not in a position to sell fans their usual seats but details will be retained for future seasons.

* The Racecourse capacity will be reduced to 2,600 because of the coronavirus.

* Wrexham are looking to introduce blocks of tickets initially - 10, 10 and 3 - and switch to season cards if restrictions are lifted.

* National League fixtures are set to be released on September 8.

* The season is due to start on October 3 but this could change.

* Wrexham will be required to appoint a Covid 19 Officer and Medical Officer.

* Return is done in 4 stages - return to training (no contact), return to close contact training, return to competition but no spectators (pre-season) and return to competition with safe return of spectators.

* No extra time or replays when Wrexham enter the FA Cup at 4th qualifying round stage - straight to penalties.

* Prize money in cup competitions set to be reduced.

* Wrexham boss Dean Keates will have a £969,313 budget for the upcoming season - it was £1,256,900 for Bryan Hughes in 2019-20.

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/18638223.happened-supporters-zoomed-wrexham-afc-annual-general-meeting/

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 07:10:31 PM »

Just hoping they don't make it seating only, if that does  happen we are looking at less than 300  per game if its 25 % capacity.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 09:12:14 PM »

* Wrexham boss Dean Keates will have a £969,313 budget for the upcoming season - it was £1,256,900 for Bryan Hughes in 2019-20.

Aside from the actual figures (about £18k a week) and whether they can afford it in current Covid environment) I’m startled at just how open they are with their budget there.

I mean it’s a very irregular thing to state it so openly? To the exact pound as well, not just circa £950k etc 🤷‍♂️

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 09:14:48 PM »

Aside from the actual figures (about £18k a week) and whether they can afford it in current Covid environment) I’m startled at just how open they are with their budget there.

I mean it’s a very irregular thing to state it so openly? To the exact pound as well, not just circa £950k etc 🤷‍♂️

Transparent because they’re run by a supporters trust mate, transparent and sh*t also

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 10:50:19 PM »

Mandatory season ticketing.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 08:44:10 AM »

Worth remembering on specific restrictions at Wrexham they will be bound, of course, by the Welsh Government & their rules & regulations so they may have a slightly different approach in some areas to the other 23 clubs in the league. I think I’m right in saying that lockdown is still generally a bit stricter in Wales (and Scotland) than in England.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2020, 01:25:31 PM »

At the moment we aren't allowed to gather outdoors in large numbers because of the spike. No doubt any future spikes would have implications for sporting events so abandoning season tickets seems reasonable to me. Presumably the games would still go ahead in an empty stadium.

I also think it would be sensible to sell tickets valid for multiple unspecified matches if it would help with cash flow

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2020, 03:03:59 PM »

Maybe if games are closed to spectators there could be the same sort of live streaming as we saw for the play offs, and you could buy and season ticket for that.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2020, 03:27:50 PM »

Maybe if games are closed to spectators there could be the same sort of live streaming as we saw for the play offs, and you could buy and season ticket for that.

Hopefully this might be an option if it comes to it , as long as most of  the money goes to the clubs .Also if as  expected away fans are banned it could come in handy.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2020, 04:46:40 PM »

No justification for away fans.

The clubs should be able to sell x% of capacity as season tickets.

Each ticket is owned by a person and is readily trackable as the club should retain used tickets.

How much safer is that than 500 random folk turning up.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2020, 05:29:56 PM »

I think no away fans myself is a bit blunt. It’s not like any away fans would be allowed to turn up & pay on the day either, they also would need a ticket be that directly from us or via their own club or it could be tickets for away fans only sold to away club Season Ticket holders so tracking their identities wouldn’t be very hard. It’s not like our home support all lives in Altrincham either. A small & limited number of all ticketed away fans segregated in the Hale End is viable I reckon but I would totally understand losing 1/4 of the ground capacity for 70 Sutton/Dover/Eastleigh fans economically might not make sense.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2020, 11:23:37 PM »

You've still got the issue of people buying season tickets and then being told sorry you've got to miss the next three matches. No offence but Brian Flynn and a videofeed isn't quite the same.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »

I am in Dubai this month and this is what they have done for the Fountain Show, which can attract maybe 2 - 3000 people on a weekend night all crammed together...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3qm4etOCrs

This sort of thing may be how it plays out as there is quite some evidence that singing is risky. Quite a few choir members caught Covid early.

Depressing thought really that we would have to stand like that for a game

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2020, 11:20:09 PM »

Just been checking my lockdown notes and, according to official figures, there were 87 covid-19 deaths reported ("the highest yet") on March 24 just after the start of "lockdown". Last Tuesday, according to PHE stats, there were 89 deaths. Even if this number is correct (daily deaths are probably more like 30 by now, mostly elderly or unwell), if deaths continue to fall as they have been for months, deaths will be well below March 24 levels by October and thus there will no longer be any justification for limiting crowds at football matches - unless we're no longer allowed to take any risks, in which case we couldn't drive to the match anyway (let alone walk there across the golf course!), and a return to normality is what we should be pushing for before we end up with a load more cases like Droylsden and Belle Vue. If not by October, when? There may never be an effective vaccine for all we know. We do know that people develop immunity though - Spanish flu never went away, people just got immune.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team