PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shouldwe be higher up the league?

Poll

With this squad of players are people suprised we are where we are? Given the games we've had should we:

Lay off GH! What else did we expect?
- 3 (7.9%)
Be higher up the league!
- 18 (47.4%)
Be right where we are, but with a new manager.
- 1 (2.6%)
Just resign to the fact that nothing will change with the current regime!
- 16 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: September 28, 2008, 05:40:32 PM

Author Topic: Shouldwe be higher up the league?  (Read 1862 times)

Narcissist

« on: September 21, 2008, 05:40:32 PM »

Im a bit annoyed with the NLP comments. Once again its distracting from the pressure the managers under (even before the Lewes game).

I cant see why another manager couldnt come in and do better with this squad. We seem to have money to keep signing players, why not trim it down by a couple to pay a new manager?

Is GG saying that GH works for free and can't be replaced? Or is he just re-iterating that whilst he is chairman GH has the freedom of the club and will not have to answer to his actions?

For me its the latter and I just despair now!

Garveys Brother

Re: Shouldwe be higher up the league?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 05:47:33 PM »

Is GG saying that GH works for free and can't be replaced? Or is he just re-iterating that whilst he is chairman GH has the freedom of the club and will not have to answer to his actions?

Its his choice and he is not stupid, i know he has some reasoning behind not getting rid of GH. Also you are acting like GG is being stupid and doesn't care but if you read  the whole of his post on the official website he cares for the club by not wanting to leave until someone with a plan comes in, it shows he cares and knows what hes doing.

Narcissist

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »

Being stupid?

Im acting like I think there is a problem for GG in terms of his relationship with GH. There is clearly some issues here and GG feels that the pressure of BSP is too much. I just find it bizarre that changing the manager isn't an option.

I dont have a problem with the chairman, all the officials at the club are legends in my eyes. Its just that one official has outlived his time at the club. I dont trust GG's judgement here because I think its clouded. I appreciate the pressure he's under, and don't envy his position one bit.

The quickest solution is not to wait for an investor withthe current manager staying at the helm.

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 09:44:56 PM »

Goodwin is just licking Heathcote's arse as usual. The club's welfare is now secondary to Heathcote's in the eyes of the board.

The clique is in charge and what they say goes.

As a result the club is now a f**king farce!

Garveys Brother

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 10:18:02 PM »

This is why he wants tos sell it is quite obvios he is under some kind of pressure,

Goodwin is just licking Heathcote's arse as usual. The club's welfare is now secondary to Heathcote's in the eyes of the board.

I would sy that this is putting pressure on him.

P.S I'm not trying to argue I am angry that GG is getting caught up with what started as fans wanting a fresh start

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 10:20:51 PM »

Bottom line is certain members of the board care more about GH than they do about Altrincham F.C. and their recent actions now prove this.

After years of good work they are now ruining our club and I hope they are proud of themselves.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 12:05:04 AM »

I think the boards attitude to GH, or at least the perceived attitude actually does him little favours.

I think what gets peoples backs up is the idea that he isn't juded on results and taht we've got to accept whatever is put in front of us. I think if GH was under a tangible amount of expectation that there would be less resentment building up.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 12:19:16 AM »

I think the boards attitude to GH, or at least the perceived attitude actually does him little favours.

I think what gets peoples backs up is the idea that he isn't judged on results and taht we've got to accept whatever is put in front of us. I think if GH was under a tangible amount of expectation that there would be less resentment building up.

Ballers,

Not only that he isn't judged on results.....but that he appears not to be accountable to the Board of Directors for any of his actions in terms of his indiscipline and offensive gestures and verbal outbursts against his own 'customers'.

To be honest, it's probably the latter issue that troubles me the most.

Hardly a role model for a supposed "family-friendly club"....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team