News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wierd finances at Stockport?

Author Topic: Wierd finances at Stockport?  (Read 1675 times)

Robin Reliant

« on: February 21, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17098268

If Sale effectively own Edgeley Park, why are they thinking of moving, or is there more to this than meets the eye?

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wierd finances at Stockport?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 05:29:40 PM »

The way I read it is that Cheshire Sports own the ground, and both the rugby club and the football club pay rent to Cheshire Sports. That way Cheshire Sports get income from the asset and if either club goes bust, then Cheshire Sports still have the asset, with either less income or no income if both club go bust.

Its the same situation I think with the green slime, the ground is owned by one Rushe company, and the football club is a separate entity which pays rent to the ground company ?

Feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong  :-[

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:20:46 PM »

The way I read it is that Cheshire Sports own the ground, and both the rugby club and the football club pay rent to Cheshire Sports. That way Cheshire Sports get income from the asset and if either club goes bust, then Cheshire Sports still have the asset, with either less income or no income if both club go bust.

Its the same situation I think with the green slime, the ground is owned by one Rushe company, and the football club is a separate entity which pays rent to the ground company ?

Feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong  :-[

Put the blindfold on sir.....and await the firing squad

Rushe owns Vics and NV Developments......ground was owned by Connett and then repossessed by the bank who have since sold it to Thor......think you right with Stockport though
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ascot Alty

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 07:29:29 PM »

asset stripping?

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »

Houses or Tesco???

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 12:11:07 PM »

That's an odd report. The title says it has waived payments. Then it says it was for the last 6 months when my previous understanding was it was for the next 6 months? None of the statements allude to this though

It then talks about suspending payments rather than waiving the money entirely...

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 12:52:45 PM »

Feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong  Embarrassed

Put the blindfold on sir.....and await the firing squad

Rushe owns Vics and NV Developments......ground was owned by Connett and then repossessed by the bank who have since sold it to Thor......think you right with Stockport though

Peeping from behind the blindfold..............Forgot about the slime not owning the ground, hence the deal with Thor. Load ...Aim.... Fire !!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team