PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vauxhall motors...the aftermath
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vauxhall motors...the aftermath  (Read 6021 times)

Robin Reliant

« on: October 15, 2011, 05:18:40 PM »

Well we won and 3points is very welcome,but it sounded awful on the radio,
and have we ever been nearly kicked off the park recently?

Could have done with an Irish ref!   ;)   

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall motors...the aftermath
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:26:37 PM »

Yes, 3 points but with knocks to our two best players, far from ideal.

Still, keeps the momentum going ahead of a huge derby next Saturday and VM have always been a bit of a bogie team for us. Also as VM grimly held on near the end, I'm sure I wasn't the only one of us thinking, 'If this was Alty down to 10 men away from home, there would be an inevitable last minute heartbreaker', just glad that we did it to someone else today, can't wait for the Alty TV footage anyway!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 05:27:02 PM »

any news on clees injury anyone ?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 05:32:38 PM »

Shameful performance from Vauhall Motors today. I certainly won't be buying one now. Just wish sometimes Altrincham didn't want to play so much tippy tappy football. Can't help thinking they are looking for another pass or a touch when sometimes something a little more direct (and i don't mean in a hoof it sense) might have been better. I said the other day let's see if Alty can win a difficult game against a difficult oppenent, and today they did. Stalybridge lost today at Colwyn Bay which makes next Saturday look all the more interesting.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 05:56:17 PM »

Nicky should be OK were told. Also Damian should be OK by next week, neither are serious injuries.

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »

that sounds great.

Need them next week.

COME ON ALTY

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 06:01:16 PM »

Nicky should be OK were told. Also Damian should be OK by next week, neither are serious injuries.

That is fantastic news, thanks for posting this info PPman!
Come on Alty!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 06:43:39 PM »

If you are refering to today's Rugby match, I would point out that Alain Rolland's Father is French, though Alain himself did win 3 caps as a player for Ireland. He gets appointed lots of games involving French sides because he speaks french fluently. Although his poor decision decided the result of today's game he was no worse than the New Zealand referee (I note he is a Kiwi unlike half the All Black team) whose poor decisions eliminated the Springboks last week. There are two main differences between Referees in footabll and Rugby. 1. In Rugby the Referee can call on a lot more assistance manually and technolgy so that the correct decision is made. 2. In Rugby the players dont try to con the Ref at EVERY opportunity. Now the Welsh know how the Irish felt when they were cheated in Cardiff earlier this year.

physio23

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 07:10:08 PM »

Good evening folks, just wanted to update you from the horses mouth: both reevesy and Nicky suffered ankle injuries during today's game, reevesy tweaked his during first half and we added support until I felt it was time for him to come off the field, Nicky was more of an impact injury where the players studs ripped through nickys sock and caused a wound to his foot/ankle. Both players' ankles stiffened up very quickly after leaving the field (as would usually be the case)

However I will know more about these injuries when they settle down over the next few days but as always I'm hopeful for next week for my return to the bridge ;)

See you next week
Danny Fishwick

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 07:14:48 PM »

Thanks for that Danny.

Clee's injury could have been prevented if the ref had hown some balls/yellows in 1st half.
Full time and proud of it

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 07:18:08 PM »

Cheers Physio23 / Danny.

Very pleased to see clear and timely communication from the club, it is very much appreciated.

Fingers crossed that come Monday / Tuesday the injuries are improving.  We need those two key players next week.

Hamilton

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 07:26:31 PM »

Good evening folks, just wanted to update you from the horses mouth: both reevesy and Nicky suffered ankle injuries during today's game, reevesy tweaked his during first half and we added support until I felt it was time for him to come off the field, Nicky was more of an impact injury where the players studs ripped through nickys sock and caused a wound to his foot/ankle. Both players' ankles stiffened up very quickly after leaving the field (as would usually be the case)

However I will know more about these injuries when they settle down over the next few days but as always I'm hopeful for next week for my return to the bridge ;)

See you next week
Danny Fishwick

Shows what a straight red card tackle that sounds!

Splendid updates, and I hope both will be ok.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 04:36:33 PM »

If you are refering to today's Rugby match, I would point out that Alain Rolland's Father is French, though Alain himself did win 3 caps as a player for Ireland. He gets appointed lots of games involving French sides because he speaks french fluently. Although his poor decision decided the result of today's game he was no worse than the New Zealand referee (I note he is a Kiwi unlike half the All Black team) whose poor decisions eliminated the Springboks last week. There are two main differences between Referees in footabll and Rugby. 1. In Rugby the Referee can call on a lot more assistance manually and technolgy so that the correct decision is made. 2. In Rugby the players dont try to con the Ref at EVERY opportunity. Now the Welsh know how the Irish felt when they were cheated in Cardiff earlier this year.

I thought his decision was correct,if a little brave, and I wish yesterdays Alty ref had been equally decisive

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »

The BBC sport website had a good summary of the rule on spear tackling. Basically if you lift a player and drop him on his head your shoulders it is a red card. Once I had seen the tackle on the news I couldn't understand why anyone felt the decision was harsh, that's the rules.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 07:46:55 PM »

Damien Reeves Twitter
"Doesnt like the look of this ankle!! Never a good sign when you hear a crack but even stupider for carryin on for a hour!! Need to learn!"

Doesnt sound to good! Hopefully just a bad knock, desperately need him for sat.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team