News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Isaac and after the Torquay game

Author Topic: Isaac and after the Torquay game  (Read 2833 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Isaac and after the Torquay game
« on: April 23, 2023, 01:55:05 PM »

I hope you all (or the club) don't mind me using this forum as below:-

Yesterday after the Torquay game ended I went into the CSH to buy drinks for myself and the girls. Lacie went outside to help set the pitch up for the tournament tonight, which her Black Kites Girls team are taking part in. She then played football on the pitch with other children. Brooke went out of the bar to look for her, walked onto the CSH terracing and lost her balance, falling on her right side. She then came into the CSH looking for me, crying. After talking to her and finishing my pint, I took her into the St John's Ambulance First Aid room, where the staff looked her over as she had also hurt her hip. she was fine but her elbow was painful and she had virtually no mobility in her arm without discomfort. They recommended a check at Wythenshawe Hospital which we eventually did.

Brooke, who is twelve, was very upset because she wanted to go to the club's 'meet the players party' in the CSH afterwards for photo's and to get autographs. The St John's staff saw how upset she was and asked me if she would like a visit from a player to cheer her up. Brooke likes Isaac Marriott, so I asked if she could say hi to him and get a photo. The nurse fetched him, and in the meantime my wife Carys arrived. Isaac gave up 15 minutes of his time to come and chat to Brooke, asked her what had happened and she was able to get her photo taken with him. He also asked her who her favourite player is and she looked him directly in the eye and said, 'You are Isaac.' He laughed, said he was glad and finally went back afterwards to rejoin the party. Brooke visibly cheered up and was happy that Isaac had given her a little of his time. We as a family really appreciated the care she received from the St. John Ambulance staff and also the time Isaac spent with her. I would like the club to pass on our thanks to St John's and to Isaac in particular.

This is further evidence of the Alty Family we have become, and how priceless the club is to the community.

Thanks to the club for their duty of care, the St. John's Ambulance team, and in particular to Isaac Marriott for giving Brooke some of his valuable time. I did take Brooke to hospital afterwards. They found a small crack in her elbow, but this was found just to be a growth crack as the bones grow naturally when a girl reaches 12 years. There is some bruising, but no bone damage. We finally arrived home with her at 1am. Brooke is out at the St George Parade in Sale currently and is fine now, with her arm in a support sling. Lacie is excited to be playing football with her team later today, it took 10 minutes to get her off the pitch yesterday, to go and take Brooke to hospital!

Carys and my thanks go to all involved yesterday.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac and after the Torquay game
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 02:06:28 PM »

Thanks for sharing that Steve and top marks for the ambulance team and Isaac for their care and concern . Hope Brooke is ok and fully recovers soon and Lacie enjoys the game today 🤞

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 11:56:40 AM »

Another great example of the ethos of the club.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 01:25:15 PM »

well done to Isaac and St Johns Ambulance,best wishes to Brooke in her recovery Steve
Harold

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 07:06:49 PM »

Glad you had time to finish your pint
It's all my fault.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile