News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ian Craney's NLP quotes explained

Author Topic: Ian Craney's NLP quotes explained  (Read 2751 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 30, 2010, 10:23:30 PM »

"I had one offer in League One and a couple in League Two but when I came up [to Fleetwood]... I was blown away.... The facilities, the pitch, the plans, the ambition of the chairman, the players they want to sign, it was spectacular"

Basicallly, "Fleetwood offered me far more money than anyone else and I thought "Kerching!"".

"The way they go about things is like a League One club."

"They're going to pay me more than I got offered by a League One club".

"With the finance and the ambition of the chairman, I'm thinking that Fleetwood can get in the League and might even be in League One by the time my contract ends"

League One in two years. Erm.....no!

"I know what it takes to win the Conference... The biggest part is team spirit'".

That's absolute bollocks, bascially!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:38:47 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ian Craney's NLP quotes explained
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »

"I had one offer in League One and a couple in League Two but when I came up [to Fleetwood]... I was blown away.... The facilities, the pitch, the plans, the ambition of the chairman, the players they want to sign, it was spectacular"

Basicallly, "Fleetwood offered me far more money than anyone else and I thought "Kerching!"".

"The way they go about things is like a League One club."

"They're going to pay me more than I got offered by a League One club".

"With the finance and the ambition of the chairman, I'm thinking that Fleetwood can get in the League and might even be in League One by the time my contract ends"

League One in two years. Erm.....no!

"I know what it takes to win the Conference... The biggest part is team spirit'".

That's absolute bollocks, bascially!

player in money grabbing shock!!!!

League one or conference?? Bet he's laughing all the way to the bank....

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 12:28:14 AM »

You can't blame a player for taking the money, just the club for offering it.
Its not as if he's doing the dirty on another club.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 08:35:48 AM »

If team spirit wins you the league we'd have won it 3 years on the trot instead of the AGM cup.

Good luck to Ian Craney but I think we can all have a good laugh at those comments........

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 09:13:26 AM »

Obviously its the money that drives him, although we should have only good thought's he carried us for at least one season in those dark Unibond days. Good luck Ian apart from v Alty when you have a stinker  :)

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 09:16:33 AM »

I wanted to name our three cats Super, Ian and Craney thank god the wise woman stopped me (again !)

bigcol

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 09:31:12 AM »

They should do that on Mock The Week, you know the bit where Hugh Dennis says what people really mean.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »

You can't blame a player for taking the money

I don't blame anyone for taking the money, we've all got bills to pay and mouths to feed.

However, I do blame him for spouting a load of bollocks about his reasons for choosing them ahead of football league clubs.
Come on Alty!

Narcissist

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 11:28:01 AM »

Devils Advocate here, but if you sign for Fleetwood on 1500 quid a week you are hardly going to answer press questions any other way.

There is a small chance that the plans for the club etc are immense. Ok, the league one thing is a bit far fetched but then D&R have just gone up and they arent exactly a 'massive' club.

Aside from the money perhaps the thought of being the central focus of a good team rather than being a squad player who has fell foul of manager changes at Swansea and Huddersfield was too good to be true. Craney may well look back at Stanley and Alty and say that they were his best days. Here Fleetwood offer him the chance to repeat that in terms of football with crazy wages.

In his situation i'd say whatever the deluded moneybags chairman wanted me to say.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 11:59:09 AM »

Devils Advocate here, but if you sign for Fleetwood on 1500 quid a week you are hardly going to answer press questions any other way.

There is a small chance that the plans for the club etc are immense. Ok, the league one thing is a bit far fetched but then D&R have just gone up and they arent exactly a 'massive' club.

Aside from the money perhaps the thought of being the central focus of a good team rather than being a squad player who has fell foul of manager changes at Swansea and Huddersfield was too good to be true. Craney may well look back at Stanley and Alty and say that they were his best days. Here Fleetwood offer him the chance to repeat that in terms of football with crazy wages.

In his situation i'd say whatever the deluded moneybags chairman wanted me to say.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that to be fair.
Come on Alty!

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 01:00:13 PM »

Obviously this is all very subjective. I have a soft spot for Craney. Any other player and i'd be jumping down the money-grabbing mercenary b@st@rds throat. But I think Craney hasnt had a great run of things since he left Stanley, I always wished he'd go on to great things.

I was talking to him at Stoke when we came up to the conf and he was genuinely delighted for the club. It only served to raise him up in my estimation. It also made me believe he's a pretty genuine fella.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team