PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An Apology
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: An Apology  (Read 13386 times)

joe

An Apology
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:14:36 AM »

Now I have calmed down I would like to apologise to everyone for my unacceptable behaviour at the end of yesterdays game.

Whilst the Southport keeper should not have been using foul and abusive language and gesturing towards us their is absolutely no excuse for the way I reacted.

I am very sorry.

Martin jordan

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: An Apology
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 01:24:23 PM »

Add me to that list aswell, all that sea air and a few to many prematch drinks lead to clouded judgement upon the fulltime whistle, its not big nor clever and Im old enough to know better, sorry again to one and all, see you all at crawley on the 17th.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 04:02:36 PM »

Lads its football these things happen.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 05:14:39 PM »

big of them to come on and appologise, i don't feel they need to well, meby joe just a little;) i'm going to amsterdam next week i'll send your regards to the other windmills! passions run high when your survival is on the line.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 05:56:04 PM »

Totally agree, to come on and appologise is fair enough and let a line be drawn under it.

longsdenjr if your going to Amsterdam could please return the two ping-pong balls I aquired from a bar.

Full time and proud of it

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 07:16:51 PM »

Right, I fully expect this to fall on deaf ears and thats fair enough.

I am embarrassed and upset with myself for going onto the pitch after the game, whether it was to see the players or not its unacceptable and not something I would do at Moss Lane (Unless we stayed up on the last day of the season) so not something I should do at another clubs ground.

I have also had a few texts today about the 'spitting incident' I can honestly say with my hand on heart that I DID NOT attempt to spit at the Southport keeper, this is not something I have ever liked anyone else doing so is not something I would do myself. IF I did spit then it would have been to clear my throat to shout at the keeper, which I also should not have done or because I was mumbling so much that it came out as I was on a rant.

In summary I will be staying away from Altrincham matches until I can sort out my over excitment that I get at matches. Believe it or not I am actually a nice chap away from the 90mins of football and this is something I need to sort out and the only way I can do this is by making myself stop doing something I love to bits plus I am embarrassed about going on the pitch and the way I shout at players and other fans.

When I do return to Altrincham matches I will be not be having alcohol before the matches and will stand quietly *barr singing* from perimeter fencing. I will learn to engage brain and think of others around me before going on random rants.

So to end it all I'm sorry.

and for the record I thought the Southport stewards were excellent as always and were very banterish during and after the match. Like our stewards they did not over react and were a credit, unlike myself who was a t*sser
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 09:47:49 PM by gazwarrington »

AltySi

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 07:32:43 PM »

I was at Southport yesterday and witnessed the incidents at the final whistle. I think frustration, passion and alochol were the main reasons for peoples reactions, not helped by Harrison's incitement.

I was out in Manchester with Gaz last night and as I said to him last night, "You're a really nice guy away from football and a good laugh, but you can be a bit of a w***ker at games sometimes"

Nobody can say that Gaz doesn't care, he loves Alty and does a hell of a lot of good things, but sometimes the red mist comes down as I know all to well, after all I've done a few things I'm not proud of in my time.

Lets draw a line under all of this and move on to next Saturday where we need to be right behind the lads once again !!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 07:38:06 PM by AltySi »

Altysmiffy

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »

Right, I fully expect this to fall on deaf ears and thats fair enough.

I am embarrassed and upset with myself for going onto the pitch after the game, whether it was to see the players or not its unacceptable and not something I would do at Moss Lane (Unless we stayed up on the last day of the season) so not something I should do at another clubs ground.

I have also had a few texts today about the 'spitting incident' I can honestly say with my hand on heart that I DID NOT attempt to spit at the Southport keeper, this is not something I have ever liked anyone else doing so is not something I would do myself. IF I did spit then it would have been to clear my throat to shout at the keeper, which I also should not have done or because I was mumbling so much that it came out as I was on a rant.

In summary I will be staying away from Altrincham matches until I can sort out my over excitment that I get at matches. Believe it or not I am actually a nice chap away from the 90mins of football and this is something I need to sort out and the only way I can do this is by making myself stop doing something I love to bits plus I am embarrassed about going on the pitch and the way I shout at players and other fans.

When I do return to Altrincham matches I will be not be having alcohol before the matches and will stand quietly *barr singing* from perimeter fencing. I will learn to engage brain and think of others around me before going on random rants.

So to end it all I'm sorry.

and for the record I thought the Southport stewards were excellent as always and were very banterish during and after the match. Like our stewards they did not over react and were a credit, unlike myself who was a t*sser

If memory serves, you were one of 2 who made the futile run up towards the Kiddie fans at the Chequers end the day we were relegated from the conference last. Like I say, it was futile, but one of the most stirring & touching things I have seen at a football match.
Obviously, there has to be a line drawn somewhere where behaviour is concerned, but the passion involved in an action like that is very touching and it is always great to see the passion Alty fans have.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 12:35:03 AM »

If memory serves, you were one of 2 who made the futile run up towards the Kiddie fans at the Chequers end the day we were relegated from the conference last. Like I say, it was futile, but one of the most stirring & touching things I have seen at a football match.
Obviously, there has to be a line drawn somewhere where behaviour is concerned, but the passion involved in an action like that is very touching and it is always great to see the passion Alty fans have.

Ah, but would it have been "stirring and touching" if a couple of Kidderminster supporters had adopted a similar run towards the Alty end?

Passion for your team is fine but running onto the pitch is not on.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 04:18:23 AM »

longsdenjr if your going to Amsterdam could please return the two ping-pong balls I aquired from a bar.

appologies i cannot as i am about to leave but i will add to this number if the chance so arrises! ;)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 08:40:22 AM »

Ah, but would it have been "stirring and touching" if a couple of Kidderminster supporters had adopted a similar run towards the Alty end?

Passion for your team is fine but running onto the pitch is not on.

This was from a while a go now and was infact when about 100 alty fans (if not more) had gone on the pitch at the end of the game, season and Conference football (for a while) and I'm sorry but the day was not the best of my life and when you have a couple of kiddy fans shouting "Going down", "never play you again" "lets all laugh at Alty" RATHER than celebrate the fact their club has just won promotion then yes I'm going to get a little annoyed.

And if it gets brought up I went on the pitch last season after a game when we had enough points to stay up (ignoring the deduction) to hug Geoff Goodwin as he came over to clap us, and for that I apologise also.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 08:46:50 AM by gazwarrington »

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 08:48:47 AM »

to hug Geoff Goodwin as he came over to clap us, and for that I apologise also.

And so you should be sorry, hugging goes waaaayyy beyond male bonding I think Zoe needs to search her sole if you do things like this.  ;D ;D ;D

thegazelle

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 02:31:21 PM »

As one who over the years has had a few embarrassing "passion led " incidents at football matches i would urge you, gary, to continue going to the matches. One small pitch invasion doesnt make you a bad person and even if you were going to attack the keeper you showed the sense not to actually attack him.

My vote says keep on going, the club needs all he support we can get and maybe just maybe (and this is weird advice coming from me ) cut down on the pop before the game and see how reasonable and even minded you become.

however none of this advice should apply to the northwich game and my offer of a pint for all at 11.00am in th erailway is back on

tonybrads

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 04:22:21 PM »

gary dont stay away we need your support. you said sorry that should be a end to it. so come to the games but dont have a drink see how that goes.

Stockportalty

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 08:14:40 PM »

Just wanted to say well done to you all for publicly apologising, it takes guts to admit you were wrong, especially in front of your mates. We all make mistakes, we just have to learn from them. Gary, we all know you are a nice guy apart from when the game is on,  I appreciate what you are saying and it's good that you want to deal with it. Good Luck and hope to see you very soon at Moss Lane. I'm not convinced that staying away is the best solution.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An Apology