PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done altrincham
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Well done altrincham  (Read 5566 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done altrincham
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 11:58:18 AM »

I nearly missed the goal though. I was stood in the queue for some food.
I'm probably going to get slated, but does anyone else wish the quick working burger van was back?

I blame the stoppers

;)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 12:52:58 PM »

Yes. I too was in the queue for over 20 minutes watching the game from a poor vantage point. What we need is devilvery girls on roller-skates like they have at american drive-ins!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I like the sound of them.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 03:35:47 PM »

from my point of view and that of the 5 neutral observers i took along, oxford were probably the stronger team in the first half as alty spent too much time hoofing the ball forward. oxford looked like a team with zero confidence though, like they didnt really believe in it. second half as has been stated, alty put in 20/25 minutes where they were head and shoulders above oxford, and i have to say the only way you could see them getting into it was if the completely random referee had given them a rubbish penalty.
as for the goal when it was crossed the defender should have dealt with it, but you knew he wasnt going to. when it fell to colin you knew hewould score. with the whole ground wanting him to hit it he was the only one cool enough to wait for it to drop. brilliant

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »

Jim,

Please expand on why, in your view, he was a 'completely random' Referee.

I believe that he cautioned an Oxford player for simulation when some other Referees may have given a penalty.

The caution to, I believe Robbie Lawton toward the end of the match for time wasting was sadly perfectly justified as he had told Robbie and other players to speed it up for a good 5 or 10 minutes prior to that. The reversal of the throw in was also correct for precisely the same reaso?

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 03:55:05 PM »

because, and again not just my view but that of other people who actually didnt care who won, he completely failed to be consistent in his application of the laws. if he wants to allow a certain amount of physical contact, holding, pushing etc then i guess thats up to him, but to do it sometimes but not others is exactly the sort of thing that gets fans and particularly players so wound up.  players have to know from a referee where his boundaries are because its not a constant. what constitutes a foul for one referee doesnt for another. the players just need to know, but when the official doesnt apply consistently it causes a problem
as you go down the leagues more and more physical contact is allowed.( if ronaldo had played yesterday he would have spent 86 minutes on his arse)

for the record i dont often criticise referees, and never for making one or two wrong big decisions. anyone can make mistakes and a ref just has to call what they see.

fuertes

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 04:21:19 PM »

because, and again not just my view but that of other people who actually didnt care who won, he completely failed to be consistent in his application of the laws. if he wants to allow a certain amount of physical contact, holding, pushing etc then i guess thats up to him, but to do it sometimes but not others is exactly the sort of thing that gets fans and particularly players so wound up.  players have to know from a referee where his boundaries are because its not a constant. what constitutes a foul for one referee doesnt for another. the players just need to know, but when the official doesnt apply consistently it causes a problem
as you go down the leagues more and more physical contact is allowed.( if ronaldo had played yesterday he would have spent 86 minutes on his arse)

for the record i dont often criticise referees, and never for making one or two wrong big decisions. anyone can make mistakes and a ref just has to call what they see.

I totally agree. We've been lucky this year, generally the refs have been good, but that one and the one against Wrexham (who it turned out was Welsh by the way) were poor in my opinion.

Longman

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 04:57:40 PM »

Was that Alty playing sexy football today, or were my eyes playing tricks on me? Make no bones about it, Oxford have a very, very good side, but there was a period at the beginning of the second half where we totally outplayed them. Outplayed Oxford - there's clearly something wrong here. The lad we've got at right back is the best right sided defender I've seen at Moss Lane in my lifetime and Lee Elam is easily the best player I've seen at this level of the game. What the f*** is happening at our club - 9th!!!!!

Alty did play some very sexy football. Some of the passes and runs in the second half were nothing short of brilliant, and what gave me the best feeling was watching Oxford slowly run out of steam.
I nearly missed the goal though. I was stood in the queue for some food.
I'm probably going to get slated, but does anyone else wish the quick working burger van was back?

Bring back the bird in the burger van!!

thegazelle

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 07:31:36 PM »

service would be quicker if the stoppers were reinstated, and i thi nk you will find i am rarely wrong

the gazelle chairperson national TRUSS and GASH

VofD

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 11:12:37 AM »

Table does not lie.

Better watchin from main stand than on a monitoring on a blackberry in Cadiz.

Flynny must have been beside himself in france.
To the cult-Was it deserved?

VoD will be happy tonight providing he came through unscathed?

Great stuff

It was Niall who was in France.........some of us Flynns get our priorities right :P

The Cult is watching British Sea Power at The Ritz :-\

V.of D. is full of warmth & positivity at present :o Due to the fact that we are the most fantastic team in christendom at present,V.of D. resorted to booing Oxford as they trudged off the pitch 8)

"This is all we get at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Yes, indeed I did ,because of  their attempts at cheating by diving in the box.

Whilst on, may I congratulate the players AND THE MANAGEMENT TEAM on this fantastic run of 16 points from 6 matches.Long may it continue. ;D ;D ;D

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 12:09:43 PM »

Are you feeling ok???    :o :o ;)

VofD

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 02:58:32 PM »

Are you feeling ok???    :o :o ;)

Great thanks. :) :)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done altrincham