PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done altrincham
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well done altrincham  (Read 5564 times)

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Well done altrincham
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:23:45 PM »

Table does not lie.

Better watchin from main stand than on a monitoring on a blackberry in Cadiz.

Flynny must have been beside himself in france.
To the cult-Was it deserved?

VoD will be happy tonight providing he came through unscathed?

Great stuff

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done altrincham
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:23:33 PM »

Table does not lie.

Better watchin from main stand than on a monitoring on a blackberry in Cadiz.

Flynny must have been beside himself in france.
To the cult-Was it deserved?

VoD will be happy tonight providing he came through unscathed?

Great stuff

It was Niall who was in France.........some of us Flynns get our priorities right :P

The Cult is watching British Sea Power at The Ritz :-\

V.of D. is full of warmth & positivity at present :o Due to the fact that we are the most fantastic team in christendom at present,V.of D. resorted to booing Oxford as they trudged off the pitch 8)

"This is all we get at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:29:14 PM »

A real low point this year was the dreadful and wet game at Oxford in January. Walking away hearing their fans say that Alty were the worst team they had played this season. It was a woeful performance with all those new players who did not know each other.

Although I only heard today on Radio Oxford it COMPLETELY made up for the game in January.

Very well done!

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:45:02 PM »

Followed the game in france via blackberry updates.

Well done Alty, made a sad man proud and happy. My mrs looks on with rolling eyes as I harp on about the best revival run alty has been on since kingy returned in the 90's.

What a bloody day. If it wasn't enough that Altrincham were odds on to beat 'OXFORD' they only went and bloody honoured the odds!!

My red n white heroes!

brian1925

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:16:22 PM »

Was that Alty playing sexy football today, or were my eyes playing tricks on me? Make no bones about it, Oxford have a very, very good side, but there was a period at the beginning of the second half where we totally outplayed them. Outplayed Oxford - there's clearly something wrong here. The lad we've got at right back is the best right sided defender I've seen at Moss Lane in my lifetime and Lee Elam is easily the best player I've seen at this level of the game. What the f*** is happening at our club - 9th!!!!!

gunners11

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »

can altrincham really do it get to the next level of football now that would be impressive joining dag and red aldershot  exeter easy teams if you think big  lets play big   come on alty go all the way  make alty proud lift the crowd the boys in red and white we going all the way to the top

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 09:53:34 PM »

The last part time team to go up from the Conference was Cheltenham Town in about 1998 IIRC, so the short answer to that question is no. However, what we do have now is a group of players who are undoubtedly good enough to compete with the best this league has to offer and are being utilised in the right way by the Management. I would love us to threaten the play offs but simply the tail end of the season petering out into mid table nothingness would do me after all the last day dramas over the past 5 years.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 10:44:03 PM »

Make no bones about it, Oxford have a very, very good side.

Without taking anything away from our excellent performance today, I would contend that this statement is false. I don't thinkyou'll find anyone on the Oxford forums agreeing with you either.  :-\

Baggers

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 10:54:08 PM »

Oxford should be challenging for the title but they played like a team with no confidence. Understandable given their circumstances. The best they can hope for is to bag enough points to cover the ten point hit when they shaft their creditors.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 12:52:01 AM »

Oxford should be challenging for the title but they played like a team with no confidence. Understandable given their circumstances. The best they can hope for is to bag enough points to cover the ten point hit when they shaft their creditors.

Ouch!  :D
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

wonderstuff

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 06:40:21 AM »

Was that Alty playing sexy football today, or were my eyes playing tricks on me? Make no bones about it, Oxford have a very, very good side, but there was a period at the beginning of the second half where we totally outplayed them. Outplayed Oxford - there's clearly something wrong here. The lad we've got at right back is the best right sided defender I've seen at Moss Lane in my lifetime and Lee Elam is easily the best player I've seen at this level of the game. What the f*** is happening at our club - 9th!!!!!

Alty did play some very sexy football. Some of the passes and runs in the second half were nothing short of brilliant, and what gave me the best feeling was watching Oxford slowly run out of steam.
I nearly missed the goal though. I was stood in the queue for some food.
I'm probably going to get slated, but does anyone else wish the quick working burger van was back?

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 07:18:36 AM »

Alty did play some very sexy football. Some of the passes and runs in the second half were nothing short of brilliant, and what gave me the best feeling was watching Oxford slowly run out of steam.
I nearly missed the goal though. I was stood in the queue for some food.
I'm probably going to get slated, but does anyone else wish the quick working burger van was back?

And what about Colin's overhead kick in the first half?!

And yes - bring back the burger van! At least for big games. The queue for the kiosk was humongous. Kept seeing people walk past with chips but couldn't get near to buy my own  :'(
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

brian1925

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 07:41:18 AM »

In the first half Oxford looked strong and at half time I don't think I was the only Alty fan who felt a bit concerned about the second half. However, only one team came out for the second half to be honest and Oxford began to feel more and more as if they were just not going to score. Of course Oxford fans on their forum are going to be critical of their team, afterall shouldn't they be beating teams like us. Maybe it's about time we realised how good a football team we actually are. Oxford were not poor and neither were Ebbsfleet or Mansfield - we were just better than all of them on the day  (and I still can't believe I'm hearing myself say that!)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 11:00:10 AM »

Absolutely fantastic results, but although Oxford are one of the 'big boys' in this league, that means little as they have been struggling. Don't forget Lewes beat them. This is taking nothing away from our win.

The results in the league this season have been all over the place and no one team has really stood out so far (with the possible exception of the creepies and their fat, ignorant and underhand mannager). Maybe things will settle down by New Year, but at the moment anybody seems capable of beating anybody else. Look at the table (and when you've stopped grinning at the beautiful sight of us in 9th) and you'll see how tight it is, only 5 points seperating 5th from 16th.

COME ON ALTY.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »

Alty did play some very sexy football. Some of the passes and runs in the second half were nothing short of brilliant, and what gave me the best feeling was watching Oxford slowly run out of steam. I nearly missed the goal though. I was stood in the queue for some food. I'm probably going to get slated, but does anyone else wish the quick working burger van was back?
And what about Colin's overhead kick in the first half?! And yes - bring back the burger van! At least for big games. The queue for the kiosk was humongous. Kept seeing people walk past with chips but couldn't get near to buy my own  :'(

Yes. I too was in the queue for over 20 minutes watching the game from a poor vantage point. What we need is devilvery girls on roller-skates like they have at american drive-ins!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done altrincham