PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Passion!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: No Passion!!!  (Read 7746 times)

Jenga

Re: No Passion!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »

I honestly don't think we have played at all this season.

I posted somewhere else that I think we have struggled to get going, we are commanding games.

On Saturday our midfield was clueless (in fact almost non existent). Smirkle was a complete and utter waste of space (he needs to go), and it is clear that Clee isn't fit as he cant make a full game. We tried to dribble the ball on a bobbly pitch and when we didn't dribble we hit it up front. Trafford passed the ball and ran and ran, they wanted to win more than we did and had better tactics, stuck to the tactics and looked to have a good shape all over the field.

I agree the front two should be Walshaw and Reeves, but maybe against the grain a little here and am prepared to be slagged off, but Reeves had gone off the boil in the last few games I have seen. As for dropping him though I thought that was a very premature decision and in my mind a wrong one.

Previously I had backed LS, now my opinion is wavering. We are a middle table team with very good individual players who simply cant play together and appear to have no system of play.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 02:22:47 PM »

I'm glad someone else seems to be baffled by our 'system' of play.

At one stage on Saturday Brian (sorry Junior) Smikle popped up in the left back position why? Buzz and Nicky were close by so it wasn't an emergency cover situation.
At that moment Densmore was the only Alty player on the right hand side of the pitch.

That was just one example of the seemingly chaotic nature of our midfield.

I don't know whether it's the managers 'system' of play to have the middle four continually interchanging, less charitable observers might call it 'milling around', or whether the players lack the discipline to remain in a certain position for more than five mins.
I can't help thinking that less rotation and interchanging would lead to greater stability in midfield.   

Boshell comes in for some criticism on here but for me he and Clee are the only midfielders I ever have a clue as to what position they are meant to be playing.       

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 02:43:15 PM »

I honestly don't think we have played at all this season.

I posted somewhere else that I think we have struggled to get going, we are commanding games.

On Saturday our midfield was clueless (in fact almost non existent). Smirkle was a complete and utter waste of space (he needs to go), and it is clear that Clee isn't fit as he cant make a full game. We tried to dribble the ball on a bobbly pitch and when we didn't dribble we hit it up front. Trafford passed the ball and ran and ran, they wanted to win more than we did and had better tactics, stuck to the tactics and looked to have a good shape all over the field.

I agree the front two should be Walshaw and Reeves, but maybe against the grain a little here and am prepared to be slagged off, but Reeves had gone off the boil in the last few games I have seen. As for dropping him though I thought that was a very premature decision and in my mind a wrong one.

Previously I had backed LS, now my opinion is wavering. We are a middle table team with very good individual players who simply cant play together and appear to have no system of play.

i agree with you, apart from Clee not being fit. He brought him because of his performance surely.
I know he wasn't ripping their rb a new one but was the only winger trying to go forward!
The trouble when replacing Clee with Lawrie is that Lawrie has to play LW. so we no effective wingers on the pitch.
Full time and proud of it

JDN

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 07:33:43 PM »

To be fair to Nicky Clee he has been carrying the team all season

Doing the work of two players because their nobody on the right

No wonder he flagging

We need a creative force on the right to take some of the burden, this a failing of LS -

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »

It could also be the fault of the board has Sinnott been given sufficient funds especially after losing a class act like Watmore

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2013, 08:20:12 PM »

It could also be the fault of the board has Sinnott been given sufficient funds especially after losing a class act like Watmore
[/quotte

That we don't know we also don't know how much we got for duncan and won't find out as it was an undisclosed fee, a lot of us are presuming we have a really good playing budget this season

Jimmy

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 08:35:29 PM »

On the subject of budget they could've saved 200 quid keeping Brooke not good enough but no worse than perry
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Passion!!!