News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Colwyn bay

Author Topic: Well done Colwyn bay  (Read 1804 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Well done Colwyn bay
« on: March 24, 2012, 08:06:31 AM »

Fantastic effort by everyone at Colwyn bay to turn the open terrace down the side in to a seated stand in a matter of months after they were told they faced eviction from the league for not having a ground up to standard.Incredible considering they hadn't even started it when we played there.

http://www.nonleagueforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?pid=422471#p422471

bumble

Re: Well done Colwyn bay
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:51:49 AM »

Great news for them

Nice little club that I look forward to playing if we don't get ourselves promoted this season

Good to see they raised the majority themselves (although they did need a small loan to cover the rest)

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 09:36:51 AM »

Great news for them

Nice little club that I look forward to playing if we don't get ourselves promoted this season

Good to see they raised the majority themselves (although they did need a small loan to cover the rest)

Is it just me or does anyone else find it galling when we have to play Colwyn Bay?

A court ruling in 1995 allowed Colwyn Bay to return to Wales to play their home matches, while still remaining within the English system.  This was in reponse to the League Of Wales dispute with the club.  Colwyn Bay is hardly on the border either, approx 40 miles from it in fact.

Oh and on a less sour note Frank Sinclair plays for them.

here catch.....

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:22:41 AM »

if we're not careful that hot potato could turn into a banana skin.....

yep great effort to stay in the league...well done the bay!

John Crewe

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »

Great news for them

Is it just me or does anyone else find it galling when we have to play Colwyn Bay?

A court ruling in 1995 allowed Colwyn Bay to return to Wales to play their home matches, while still remaining within the English system.  This was in reponse to the League Of Wales dispute with the club.  Colwyn Bay is hardly on the border either, approx 40 miles from it in fact.

Oh and on a less sour note Frank Sinclair plays for them.

here catch.....

no

Colwyn Bay were in the right, should never been forced into the welsh league - a league which they have never played in - Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Wrexham, Merthyr never got forced in, but bay had to play their home games at the drill field to escape the welsh league

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »

He doesn't play for them anymore
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Colwyn bay