PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done all at Alty
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Well done all at Alty  (Read 8556 times)

bigcol

Re: Well done all at Alty
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 11:05:48 PM »

I was there.

First half all Alty but no cutting edge, nearly went behind in closing minutes well done Reidy.

Second half never got going, caught on the counter. Then we panicked and played hoofball for half an hour, started getting chances when we passed it again. Pen was a pen, ref was terrible for both sides missed loads.

We really at our bare bones - no substitutions most likey coz they weren't at any level of fitness.

Need to carry on playing the beautiful game, keep the faith and sign at least 3 more players.

And they ran out of bovril.

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 11:09:51 PM »

I was there.

First half all Alty but no cutting edge, nearly went behind in closing minutes well done Reidy.

Second half never got going, caught on the counter. Then we panicked and played hoofball for half an hour, started getting chances when we passed it again. Pen was a pen, ref was terrible for both sides missed loads.

We really at our bare bones - no substitutions most likey coz they weren't at any level of fitness.

Need to carry on playing the beautiful game, keep the faith and sign at least 3 more players.

And they ran out of bovril.

Geordie amateurs!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:30:30 PM by Hamilton »

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 11:38:36 PM »

Few thoughts from tonight:-

(i) Down to bare bones, only 2 fit players on bench
(ii) Missed Redshaw's pace up front although Twiss worked hard but needs a few more games to get sharp
(iii) Pitch cut up 2nd half, couldn't pass it and didn't adapt but they did
(iv) Def penalty, confirmed by Blyth players in the bar afterwards
(v) Below par all round but got a point - good sign in my view
(vi) Ref very bad

Excellent resut given all the circumstances. 

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 11:53:35 PM »

(ii) Missed Redshaw's pace up front although Twiss worked hard but needs a few more games to get sharp

But that's simply never going to happen though, is it?

We need a new striker to partner Reeves ASAP or even switch Lawrie to play alongside him.

Pace and movement are what the defenders in this league cannot handle - not a lumbering has-been.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 11:58:23 PM »

We need a new striker to partner Reeves ASAP or even switch Lawrie to play alongside him.

Pace and movement are what the defenders in this league cannot handle - not a lumbering has-been.

Bit harsh there Cult - created a few openings for himself just the finish missing.

Hamilton

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 12:17:39 AM »

Bit harsh there Cult - created a few openings for himself just the finish missing.

Although it sounded like Twissy had a decent game, I agree that it was the pace of Jack n Reevesy that has been causing defences most difficulty.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 12:31:06 AM »

If pace and movement are the order of the day, maybe young Watmore will get his chance soon? He may not be the "finished product" in terms of being a striker at this level but he has youth on his side and might be a good foil for Reeves if he's able to cause defences problems with his pace.
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 01:02:36 AM »

I think we're being a little harsh here, and I'm someone who probably is harsh myself at times. For me we did a lot of things we've had a go at the team for not doing this season. We've gone up there in midweek looked strong and organised at the back, really put our foot in and won the physical battles tonight esp in midfield. We weren't get bullied of it tonight and kept going til the end.

Clearly we really missed Redshaw tonight and that's a worry, not a direct critcism of Twiss who did what he does well but we lacked a bit in the final third.

It looked a penalty...just, you could see Lawrie waiting for the contact and the defender was naive to oblige. I can see why the Blyth fans in the stand thought it was a blatant dive though.

Bit harsh on Radio Robins though aren't they, tried to be as fair as we can.

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 01:11:58 AM »

I think we're being a little harsh here, and I'm someone who probably is harsh myself at times. For me we did a lot of things we've had a go at the team for not doing this season. We've gone up there in midweek looked strong and organised at the back, really put our foot in and won the physical battles tonight esp in midfield. We weren't get bullied of it tonight and kept going til the end.

Clearly we really missed Redshaw tonight and that's a worry, not a direct critcism of Twiss who did what he does well but we lacked a bit in the final third.

It looked a penalty...just, you could see Lawrie waiting for the contact and the defender was naive to oblige. I can see why the Blyth fans in the stand thought it was a blatant dive though.

Bit harsh on Radio Robins though aren't they, tried to be as fair as we can.

Great fun listening to tonight's commentary - thanks to you all.

I think we missed Richman as well as Redshaw tonight. My impression was that Walmsley was less effective on the right of midfield and didn't get the balls in we might have been hoping for.

markecky

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 02:18:10 AM »

Twiss worked his socks off tonight I thought.

The game was low on quality but was a gritty battle and usually we lose those matches.

Point gained for me.

roytonmike

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 07:51:02 AM »

If pace and movement are the order of the day, maybe young Watmore will get his chance soon? He may not be the "finished product" in terms of being a striker at this level but he has youth on his side and might be a good foil for Reeves if he's able to cause defences problems with his pace.
At the moment I'm a little unclear as to Watmore's situation. He was unavailable last night due to examinations - never forget that he is still at school - but played for Clitheroe last Saturday (as a loanee from us). If the management decided they needed him next Saturday, would he be available or would the loan to Clitheroe take precedence? If he were available then he must surely under present circumstances come into active consideration.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 08:33:48 AM »

(i) Down to bare bones, only 2 fit players on bench
(iii) Pitch cut up 2nd half, couldn't pass it and didn't adapt but they did
(iv) Def penalty, confirmed by Blyth players in the bar afterwards
(v) Below par all round but got a point - good sign in my view
(vi) Ref very bad

Excellent resut given all the circumstances. 

Hendo is back, hallo hallo!!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 12:25:39 PM »

At the moment I'm a little unclear as to Watmore's situation. He was unavailable last night due to examinations - never forget that he is still at school - but played for Clitheroe last Saturday (as a loanee from us). If the management decided they needed him next Saturday, would he be available or would the loan to Clitheroe take precedence? If he were available then he must surely under present circumstances come into active consideration.

Watmore is an obvious talent, but I am not sure what the long term plan for him is.........I have heard he is bright lad and is expected to go to University in the Autumn which could cause some problems
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »

Watmore is an obvious talent, but I am not sure what the long term plan for him is.........I have heard he is bright lad and is expected to go to University in the Autumn which could cause some problems

Women, drugs and missing lectures?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

York Alty

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »

Women, drugs and missing lectures?
happy days!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done all at Alty