News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well Done Blackpool!

Author Topic: Well Done Blackpool!  (Read 2193 times)

markecky

Well Done Blackpool!
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:50:41 PM »

What a result that is...I love Ian Holloway.

Was googling some quotes of his...

"It's all very well having a great pianist playing but it's no good if you haven't got anyone to get the piano on the stage in the first place, otherwise the pianist would be standing there with no bloody piano to play."

- after being criticised for using defensive players in midfield.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well Done Blackpool!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:59:57 PM »

My favourite Ian Holloway quote:

"To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled.

Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi.

She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee"
Come on Alty!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:43:34 PM »

It was a cracking game. Obv I have a lot of mates who are seasiders fans and all season they've said they'd make play offs, and I along with everyone else (according to Holloway) disrespected them  :)

Of course im gonna jump on the bandwagon and take my lads to Wembley a week on Saturday

Charlie Adam will no way still be there next season, hes a dirty beggar after bedding a girl i work with too  ;D

One more point, must be something in the air with Fleetwood doing well....

Aussie Bob

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 04:48:44 AM »

so how many of the Fleetwood bandwagoners will now jump (back) to Blackpool ? Bit of a difference playing Hayes and Yeading at home rather than Man U or Liverpool ...

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »

It will be nice to have three teams in the Premier Ship that have lost at home to Alty - one once, one twice and one loads of times. 

And three teams that have drawn at home to Alty...

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 08:45:45 PM »

There is, however, the small matter of a Wembley date with Cardiff or Leicester - who, of course, are one of Holloway's old clubs.

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 11:15:31 PM »

b*ggeration - cardiff. damn

c'mon Blackpool....

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 11:26:47 PM »

The rumors I heard was that the 'hooligan' element at Fleetwood is made up of people who have got banning orders at Blackpool.

As I said to someone today, I really want Blackpool to get up more because of Holloway than the romance of it. His post match interviews alone will make it worth watching MotD.Another classic one:

“We are all going to walk across a pit of coals and someone will teach us how to do it. I hope they will because I can't even walk on hot sand. It's all about training you to be a better person. Mastering your mind and focusing on the right things are important skills to have. There are millions of people who can kick a ball around but only a few can do it under pressure. You have to block out everything and focus on the game.”
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 11:29:48 PM »

Holloway probably won't come out and say it, but Blackpool's chances are probably better against Cardiff, who play quite an open game, than they would have been against a more regimented Leicester.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 10:14:59 AM »

Bloomfield road looks a bit better than the last time(s) I was there!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well Done Blackpool!