Why...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why...  (Read 9190 times)

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Why...
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »

On the subject of ground improvements, surely it is about time they clear that section in the Golf Rd end full of crap/ building materials etc. It's been like that for months now, and the CSH is long finished. Looks an unsightly mess and prob a hazard too. Also the areas on the popular side with wire mesh up everywhere. We could have a really tidy ground if we just cleaned up the unnecessary scruffy areas with a little effort.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »

On the subject of ground improvements, surely it is about time they clear that section in the Golf Rd end full of crap/ building materials etc. It's been like that for months now, and the CSH is long finished. Looks an unsightly mess and prob a hazard too. Also the areas on the popular side with wire mesh up everywhere. We could have a really tidy ground if we just cleaned up the unnecessary scruffy areas with a little effort.
fair point
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 08:20:29 PM »

Make the family stand an away stand if possible to segregate somehow ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »

I've often thought this, put the families on the first rows of the main stand nearest the away dugouts, problem solved, there's minimal bad language in the main stand.that way the away sides have 100+ seats

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 09:13:46 PM »

I've often thought this, put the families on the first rows of the main stand nearest the away dugouts, problem solved, there's minimal bad language in the main stand.that way the away sides have 100+ seats

If it happened not sure which turnstile  would be  used ?  I wouldnt have a problem with a roof over the chequers end but can see how some people would. Would prefer  the popular side made like the middle part all the way and tv gantry sorted as first priority.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 09:37:26 PM »

They won't want to move the sponsers. They could easy use the away turnstiles to access seats in family stand they would just have to find a way to put
a secure segregation in.
@AltyDaz

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 04:24:34 AM »

They won't want to move the sponsers. They could easy use the away turnstiles to access seats in family stand they would just have to find a way to put
a secure segregation in.

How about fencing off next to the front door of the sponsors lounge, giving the away supporters seats nearest the away end, charging them extra for sitting once inside the ground. The other seats could be used for the sponsors and families could be put in the front rows of the main stand as already suggested.
Having said this, why have we got to be so accommodating to away fans,  particularly those from clubs who treat us badly?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 06:50:05 AM »

There is no ideal solution to this at all.  I find it odd though that there can be a huge sterile area at times to keep rival fans apart on the terraces yet there is no segregation at all in the stands and people can go from the stand to terraced areas relatively easily anyway.

I agree with the suggestion of putting seats at the front of the chequers end and adding a roof. Then make that the only part of the ground for away fans.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2015, 08:57:41 AM »

I sit in the family stand as my dad is unable to stand for long periods of time and is unable to make it up the steps in the main stand. It's bad enough that random away fans end up there (despite not paying for sitting and just walking through from the away end). Quite often we can be surrounded by away fans who don't appreciate that it's a family stand and start effing and jeffin and picking arguments with the Alty fans.

I see it's people who don't sit in the family stand who are quite happy for it to be handed over to away supporters, without thinking about the Alty fans that sit there.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2015, 09:31:42 AM »

I sit in the family stand as my dad is unable to stand for long periods of time and is unable to make it up the steps in the main stand. It's bad enough that random away fans end up there (despite not paying for sitting and just walking through from the away end). Quite often we can be surrounded by away fans who don't appreciate that it's a family stand and start effing and jeffin and picking arguments with the Alty fans.

I see it's people who don't sit in the family stand who are quite happy for it to be handed over to away supporters, without thinking about the Alty fans that sit there.

When I go to Moss Lane I have my kids with me and I do sit in the family stand. My suggestion of segregating part of the family stand for away fans was to accommodate those away fans that need to sit, like you would at away grounds. Also my suggestion keeps them away from the main stand, segregation means they wont annoy you and keep them out of the bar. My first choice would be to keep the chequers end as it is and put away fans only in that section. The idea of putting a roof over the chequers end in not a good one as it would an adverse effect on the pitch, especially after frost and severe rain, as it stops the air circulation and drying process.

Hamilton

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 09:35:34 AM »

A roof over the Chequers End? Why? haven't away fans got coats?

York Alty

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2015, 01:31:00 PM »

A roof over the Chequers End? Why? haven't away fans got coats?

If they want to keep warm and dry I'm sure there is a Mecca bingo they can go to. Perhaps they'd prefer the Tudor Tea Rooms - I dunno, but it's a footy match they're coming to, not a tea party.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 03:03:23 PM »

I think it's something we should consider. Just as a common courtesy really.

I've been annoyed going to Southport in the past. Conference football is a pretty expensive do anyway without the indignity of getting piss wet through. I know they can pay to go in the stand, but if we have an away crowd of over about 200 this isn't really an option.

Lots of people who come to Alty will be making a day of it, not everyone at Moss Lane is coming from just opposite Stamford Park. If you're absolutely soaked it's going to make the rest of your day that you've probably spent about a hundred quid on a bit rubbish really.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2015, 03:48:20 PM »

I doubt that planning permission would be approved for a roof over the Chequers end now the flats have been built. There's more pressing problems with that end.The concrete steps are in very poor condition.

York Alty

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2015, 04:42:42 PM »

I doubt that planning permission would be approved for a roof over the Chequers end now the flats have been built. There's more pressing problems with that end. The concrete steps are in very poor condition.

Very true. Crumbling away, at some point that becomes a safety issue.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why...