News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Denham Injured

Author Topic: Chris Denham Injured  (Read 2023 times)

stevio

Chris Denham Injured
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:18:06 PM »

Chris suffered an injury while playing for Stalybridge today at Gateshead, and had to be subbed after only 5 minutes. He must be due back here soon. That'll be good. Having to pay an injured player, just when money is starting to get tight. Onwards and upwards!  ::)

bighairedmike

Re: Chris Denham Injured
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 08:33:43 AM »

Chris suffered an injury while playing for Stalybridge today at Gateshead, and had to be subbed after only 5 minutes. He must be due back here soon. That'll be good. Having to pay an injured player, just when money is starting to get tight. Onwards and upwards!  ::)

Kevin Street, Chris Senior, Joe O'Neill, Michael Welch...

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »

Has the window for loans closed,or does no one want to come to Alty?
Harold

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 10:35:57 AM »

From what GG was saying I think there isn't the money for loans. I think the plan is to beat relegation (I do not believe for 1 minute that GG wants to drop a league) at the minimum cost - even if that takes it to the wire. Its nerve wracking for us, but GG - as he has done wisely over the years - is looking at the economics of it all.

The only question I would have is if any money we save now might be outweighed by any money we lose by dropping league positions by the end of the season?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 02:24:40 PM »

From what GG was saying I think there isn't the money for loans. I think the plan is to beat relegation (I do not believe for 1 minute that GG wants to drop a league) at the minimum cost - even if that takes it to the wire. Its nerve wracking for us, but GG - as he has done wisely over the years - is looking at the economics of it all.

The only question I would have is if any money we save now might be outweighed by any money we lose by dropping league positions by the end of the season?

you are right surely getting  in a couple of loan of loan players for a month and getting the 4 or 5 pointsto keep us up is going to save us money in the long run.Hardly going to break the bank  is it ,2 loan players for a month.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »

you are right surely getting  in a couple of loan of loan players for a month and getting the 4 or 5 pointsto keep us up is going to save us money in the long run.Hardly going to break the bank  is it ,2 loan players for a month.

I totally agree with your point about staying up and the financial benefits of doing so. However, bringing in quality players isn't going to be as cheap as we might think and even cheap loan players are probably beyond our means at present.

I think we need to win two more matches to ensure our safety and I am confident with the games we've got left we can pick up the required points. It probably won't be pretty but safety comes first.
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Denham Injured