News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Finishing

Author Topic: Finishing  (Read 1801 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Finishing
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:47:40 PM »

Another game goes by, another loss to a team we should have beaten, given the chances we created.

One school of thought is that as long as we are creating chances the goals will come and we needn't worry. I think that argument is running out of steam.
We seem to be showing a worrying lack of composure at the vital moment. We could be playing like Brazil, but if we don't score, we could find ourselves in the BSN next year.

Dale is constantly being singled out as our most dangerous player, yet he has scored three times this season. We just need that extra bit of self belief at the moment. I certainly wouldn't criticise anyone for lack of effort.

Thank heavens for those victories over Northwich and Woking!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Finishing
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »

I would agree we are a bit goal shy at the moment. :(

The lads as i have said before need to step upto the plate and earn there corn.

lets start with Torquay

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:28:33 AM »

I posted  the same statment last week about our poor finishing we have to start putting away our chances soon  but i must point out we have had luck on our side with other results going in our favour  still 14 th position so it not to bad we have the advantage of 6 out of the next 8 games at home surley we can get the points we need for safety i think we can get at least 9 points from these games  so lets get behind the boys and show our support  COME ON YOU REDS

wonderstuff

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 08:00:28 AM »

Dale is constantly being singled out as our most dangerous player, yet he has scored three times this season. We just need that extra bit of self belief at the moment. I certainly wouldn't criticise anyone for lack of effort.

I agree. I'm starting to get nervous now. I really hope the lads dig deep and find some good form against Torquay. A win against them would calm my nerves, and more importantly, it would be a massive boost to the Alty players.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »

Although we are only 9 points off the drop zone, Lewes and Vics are finished, most of the clubs below us are also losing and playing badly and there are clubs like weymouth who should be far more worried than us....we've lost quite a few on the bounce and clubs below have only edged a point or two nearer us.

If the fans are getting nervous then it will rub off on the team.

This is the first time we have been anything like comfortable and should be grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and playing with a nothing to lose confident attitude.....if we can't play with composure now, when can we?

I hope the cote is instilling this feeling into the team...another win and we can really start to enjoy to enjoy our football worry free and so can the players.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 10:32:11 AM »

Agree we are ok, dont start panicking yet, by the way its testiment to how far we have come, a couple of years ago we would have expected to get bugger all away from home and now we are all a bit fed up if we lose
Bernard Taylors barmy army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Finishing