News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Having had time to think about it...

Author Topic: Having had time to think about it...  (Read 3065 times)

Stan Hibbert

« on: March 09, 2011, 07:20:29 AM »

...I still can't take any positives from last night other than Connors, in brief spells, which is a real shame.

We just didnt turn up last night and unless we sort it out v quickly we're doomed.

The most disappointing thing was that half of 'em didnt looked like they could be ar*ed which really p*sses me off especially as I was ar*ed and did a 4hr 30 round trip to watch them.

Get a grip lads or be prepared to play BSN football.

Stan Hibbert

Re: Having had time to think about it...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:32:52 AM »

Is it true that Darren Sheridan, who ran the midfield last night, and who won more headers than anyone else whilst standing at a diminuitive feet 6 inches, is in fact 43 years of age..?    ???

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »

Its always been my belief that in football it is 11 men against 11 men yeah some may be technically better on paper however passion beief and effort are big factors in a game to determine a result aka who wants it the maost ?

It amazes me how poor we are in cruicial games and lack the fighrt and desire to win

Think about giant killing results on paper the underdog should lose but they didint because the other team wanted it more

If we dont want it were fooked if we do we have a chance 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:53:30 AM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:55:05 AM »

The poorer the opposition (in terms of league position) trhe worse we seem to play - this might be a sign of caring too much rather than not giving a toss.  Too uptight to play well.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 08:15:38 AM »

The poorer the opposition (in terms of league position) trhe worse we seem to play - this might be a sign of caring too much rather than not giving a toss.  Too uptight to play well.

This is very true.  For years now we don't seem  to relish the big game or the big occasion, be it league, FA Cup or Trophy.

As as for Sheridan, he is certainly knocking on a lot but he played for his life last night.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 08:51:52 AM »

This is very true.  For years now we don't seem  to relish the big game or the big occasion, be it league, FA Cup or Trophy.

As as for Sheridan, he is certainly knocking on a lot but he played for his life last night.
Perhaps we need an old head like that ! You got a cheer last night when the camera panned on to you, even though you looked well p'd off !

markecky

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 08:59:12 AM »

Perhaps we need an old head like that ! You got a cheer last night when the camera panned on to you, even though you looked well p'd off !

Did I?  Christ I might not have covered myself in glory in front of 200 viewers if events had been different.  If the 40 year old alcoholic lowlife stood next to us like a 12 year old had told me to "kiss his spotty arse" one more time I was right for marching over!

As sh*t nights go..there has not been many to top it.

bumble

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 09:04:59 AM »

When the foods the highlight of the night - somethings wrong

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 11:40:26 AM »

Did I?  Christ I might not have covered myself in glory in front of 200 viewers if events had been different.  If the 40 year old alcoholic lowlife stood next to us like a 12 year old had told me to "kiss his spotty arse" one more time I was right for marching over!

Raised a cheer in our household too... if two of us shouting "ooh look, there's Ecky and Nasha..." counts as a cheer...the only one of the night!

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »

Raised a cheer in our household too... if two of us shouting "ooh look, there's Ecky and Nasha..." counts as a cheer...the only one of the night amid general disdain...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »

Were they PUKKA PIES then? :D

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 02:34:32 PM »

Were they PUKKA PIES then? :D

Don't talk to us about the food.

Not a bloody pie (Pukka or otherwise) in sight despite a trek around the ground to all three refreshment kiosks like Day V Hartley in the Yellow adds ! I think the Sheridan brothers must have eaten them all ?

Had to make do with a Bacon Barm cake instead.

Bloody peasants.

bumble

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 04:33:41 PM »

it was a dominoes

WAYNO - spot on - passion and effort often outweighs skill! - you can have skillfull indivuduals but games last like that needs 11 players who have passion and commitment, going to barrow with the weather last night wasnt going to be an easy task...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team