PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where do we go from here?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Where do we go from here?  (Read 6280 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Where do we go from here?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 08:18:48 AM »

Jackson was a real handful , thats were all the danger came , but as others have said we played some good football at times , there keeper had more to do than Stu , just took there chances when we again squandered to many of ours .

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 08:36:44 AM »

No shame in 2-0 against that team. They were really quite good, especially Kedwell and Jackson.

There's a long way to go and Saturday is again massive.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 09:20:03 AM »

I thought we played really well last night. We are 90% towards being a decent mid table side.
The only trouble is goals, when we were attacking, no matter how well Nicky played, I was never confident that we could put the ball in the net.
We never look like scoring at the moment, put that right and we will have a great chance of getting out of this.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 11:43:33 AM »

I thought Robbie Williams inability make a decent pass over 10 yds is somewhat of a worry.. One of the mid fielders should drop back to pick up a pass off him.. His constant desire to aimlessly hump it long all the time is fkn frustrating at times...

Cmon Robbie you are fkn better than that lad.

Cmon Alty

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »

I thought Robbie Williams inability make a decent pass over 10 yds is somewhat of a worry.. One of the mid fielders should drop back to pick up a pass off him.. His constant desire to aimlessly hump it long all the time is fkn frustrating at times...

Cmon Robbie you are fkn better than that lad.

Cmon Alty

This x100.

I don't understand why *every single time* Williams gets the ball he just hoofs it up the field to the opposition goalie or defender. Surely Ken should have a word and tell him to keep it simple. It's obvious he's not comfortable on the ball, so just pass it to the full back, nearest midfielder (not to Joseph who's just as bad). Any good work by the midfield is undone as soon as the ball is passed to him as he aimlessly kicks it upfield.

fuertes

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 01:14:24 PM »

This x100.

I don't understand why *every single time* Williams gets the ball he just hoofs it up the field to the opposition goalie or defender. Surely Ken should have a word and tell him to keep it simple. It's obvious he's not comfortable on the ball, so just pass it to the full back, nearest midfielder (not to Joseph who's just as bad). Any good work by the midfield is undone as soon as the ball is passed to him as he aimlessly kicks it upfield.

Thing is (not that I'm saying it's ideal at all), if he's lacking confidence in his passing ability, he's better to misplace a hoof upfield than give it away when trying to play a short pass near his own goal.

Ideally we'd have one snarling, aggressive centre-half and one more cultured one capable of playing out from the back. Of course, we have to make do...

roytonmike

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »

Honest synopsis: we were outplayed by the best side to visit Moss Lane this season.

Ignore the smokescreen of the disallowed Twiss 'goal - they were simply superior to us over the 90 minutes.

The Alty midfield was extremely poor and lacking creativity and I am concerned about the poor form of Brown and Williams.

I agree with the Cult's analysis but would argue that Brown had a task and a half on his shoulders with the Wombles' no.2. Williams is suffering from the absence of Smith at the moment - he needs a presence alongside him.
The fact of the matter is that we can't expect anything from the next two games - we can hope Wrexham run Luton ragged tomorrow night, but we have to face up to the probability that we will still have 14 pts come 5pm on Nov 20th. That will leave us 26 games to get as near to 50pts as possible. Forest Green(twice), Tamworth (twice), Histon, Bath, Gateshead, Hayes/Yeading, Kettering, Southport, Barrow, Eastbourne - all winnables (I know we're not going to win them all, but ...); Cambridge (twice), Wrexham (twice), York, Kiddy - all might yield a point or more; Newport (twice) who knows - ditto Darlo, Grimsby, Fleetwood; Wombles, Mansfield, Rushden anything we get will be bonus. It is still more than feasible to get out of this alive, but from Nov 30 - Dec 18 we need to get seven points at least to give people the belief they need.

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 04:51:39 PM »

Scraping points together in these difficult runs needs to be achieved in our position, it's no easy task but other teams around us will be getting the odd result against the big boys. We need to emulate that. Last night has a lot to be learned from, like the fact that teams up the top of the table are not untouchable. We are capable of scoring against them, last night we matched Wimbledon for large parts of the game. However we will be punished on the counter attack with ease. (Remember, we did beat Fleetwood the other week and they were flying prior to that.)

If we take this into account for our next few games, are wary of how quickly we can be punished, and keep up the same level of work and commitment as last night, we will get points out of them. Remember we have Denham and Smith to come back giving obvious benefits to the team in reassurance at the back and an added attack option upfront.

It's not all doom and gloom, definitely not a 'Where do we go from here?' situation. Come on you reds.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:34:09 PM by TimperleyRobin »

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 05:49:35 PM »

Dont expect any points for the next two games.

After that ALL games up to the 19th February are winable.

Of course all games are winnable but you get my meaning I am sure.

Patience is needed and if we pick any points up from the next two games then great.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:07:46 PM by Jenga »

alty67

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 06:05:53 PM »

we played well last night- the lads kept going and passed the ball well in long spells, no doubt we need fire power up front but if we keep playing like this we can get out of trouble
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where do we go from here?