PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where do we go from here?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Where do we go from here?  (Read 6281 times)

AltyIan

« on: November 09, 2010, 09:49:14 PM »

After a defeat tonight it just shows how completely inconsistent we are as the gap to get out of the relegation spots increases again, fair play we probably played against the champions of the league tonight (imo) but now we play Luton, Crawley and Cambridge before 3 MASSIVE games against FGR, tamworth and histon, the problem is if we don't pick anything up in the next 3 which we haven't really done in the past the pressure is really on once again. Can someone please come and give me some faith.

AltyFanInNottm

Re: Where do we go from here?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 09:54:22 PM »

Well before tonight it was 3 wins and 4 draws in 8 league matches, so if they keep playing like that then they could well claw their way out of the bottom four.
Wimbledon (according to you) are Champions elect so there is no disgrace in losing to them.

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »

We'd lost 1 in 8 before tonight. We got turned over by the best side in the league. We weren't the first and we won't be the last. Chin up.

Luton have a Thursday game before playing us. They might be a bit sluggish. Cambridge are inconsistent. Then come three games we KNOW we can win. I feel confident we can get out of the sh*t, we're on a general upward trajectory, whereas others are in truly terrible form.

Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »

I thought we played really well in parts,but we are desperate for a striker, having our 2 top scorers on the bench didnt help,but we are seriously in need of a 20 goal a season man.....

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 10:13:01 PM »

Come on it wasn't bad, there were some good displays, Baynes continues to impress me. It was Wimbledon...

Basically just what Fuertes said and to echo Hughesy we do need a new striker
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 10:15:18 PM »

Thought we battled really well tonight well done lads
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 10:35:43 PM »

I said to Ecky at half time that in the 44 minutes between the goals we played some of our best football of the season. There wasn't one player out there who could be faulted for lack of effort, but once they caught us cold so early we were always going to struggle to get back into it against a side of their calibre. Onwards and hopefully upwards - we are only 7 points off 14th. place !

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 10:38:28 PM »

After a defeat tonight it just shows how completely inconsistent we are as the gap to get out of the relegation spots increases again, fair play we probably played against the champions of the league tonight (imo) but now we play Luton, Crawley and Cambridge before 3 MASSIVE games against FGR, tamworth and histon, the problem is if we don't pick anything up in the next 3 which we haven't really done in the past the pressure is really on once again. Can someone please come and give me some faith.

It's not all about the next three games, it's about what we do in the games against teams like FGR, Tamworth and Histon. There's no point getting down about defeats to title contenders because, more often than not, it's going to happen to clubs in our position.

As things stand we're still only 4 points from safety. Keep the faith, the team are showing good fight and there's a long, long way to go.

Edit: If it's taken you this long to notice we've been inconsistent this season, I am somewhat baffled by that fact.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:44:40 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 10:48:17 PM »

I hope that the doom mongers can find a way to put their thoughts on hold for the next two games or maybe just email each other.

Tonight was a weird game.  In between their goals we played well and didnt look in a lot of danger.

We didnt create a lot but you could have been forgiven for thinking it was 0-0.

The disallowed goal was an absolute disgrace in my opinion.  The ref knew it as well which is why he went over to talk to the assistant.  He just didnt have the bottle to overrule him.

Tonight was not a bad performance, we were undone by some skillful Wimbledon players who pass and pass and the finishing of Danny Kedwell.

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 10:57:07 PM »

That post is inconsistent.

Look at our points per game since Ken took over and we're on track. Its just going to be a couple of months before we creep out. Yes we got beat, but theres no shame in losing to the probably champs.

Keep the faith.

AltyIan

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 11:15:39 PM »

That post is inconsistent.

Look at our points per game since Ken took over and we're on track. Its just going to be a couple of months before we creep out. Yes we got beat, but theres no shame in losing to the probably champs.

Keep the faith.

I wouldn't say we are on track, but we are getting there, just the draw with bath and result tonight has just started to put me into a wee bit of a negative mood, i just hope that for the next 3 games we throw a cat amongst the pigeons and don't settle for  draws, because if we do we will lose all of them.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 12:22:50 AM »

Honest synopsis: we were outplayed by the best side to visit Moss Lane this season.

Ignore the smokescreen of the disallowed Twiss 'goal' - they were simply superior to us over the 90 minutes.

The Alty midfield was extremely poor and lacking creativity and I am concerned about the poor form of Brown and Williams.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 04:00:29 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 12:44:51 AM »

Honest synopsis: we were outplayed by the best side to visit Moss Lane this season.

Ignore the smokescreen of the disallowed Twiss 'goal - they were simply superior to us over the 90 minutes.

The Alty midfield was extremely poor and lacking creativity and I am concerned about the poor form of Brown and Williams.

Brown is certainly one of our weakest players, this was obvious on Saturday.

Not good enough really.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 07:29:47 AM »

Couldn't fault Brown for effort, but to be honest Jackson for them was outstanding (I'd have given him Man of the Match ahead of Kedwell) and anybody who drew the short straw of trying to keep him in check was going to be made to look inadequate.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 08:10:41 AM »

Ignore the smokescreen of the disallowed Twiss 'goal - they were simply superior to us over the 90 minutes.

Spot on. Ok, maybe Twiss's goal should have stood but they had a stonewall penalty turned down.

We didnt deserve anything out of the game but we played some good football and were committed to the cause.

Sometimes we have to hold our hands up and admit defeat and last night was one of those times.

The lads can hold their heads up high.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team