PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 13548 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Tonight
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2013, 12:16:20 AM »

Spot on. I can't agree with the Perry comments (no matter how much I want to) and I also dont think the anti-smikle group are correct either. One of our best players last year was Simon Richman. Lets just see how we do when we have a fully for and firing squad.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2013, 12:34:54 AM »

Spot on. I can't agree with the Perry comments (no matter how much I want to) and I also dont think the anti-smikle group are correct either. One of our best players last year was Simon Richman. Lets just see how we do when we have a fully for and firing squad.

Agree, with a fully settled squad we will be fine. What I've picked up from last night especially is that at times the midfield has been slightly disjointed leading to a lack of flow between the defence and attack. As a result, the exciting, clever build up play we got so used to last season hasn't been as evident leading people to believe we've been playing badly. Now, this may be the case with the midfield (compared to last season) but it's to be expected as it's the most unsettled part of the team at the moment with injuries and new signings etc. It seems the manager isn't quite decided on what our strongest midfield 4 is yet either. Fortunately this isn't the case with the defence and attack (in my opinion). The strikers are still scoring goals and taking their chances which is great, especially after the loss of Duncan and the defence is looking stronger than ever, which is really encouraging. Williams looked very assured last night and Havern was excellent winning nearly every ball that came his way.

So in a way it's ok that the midfield isn't quite clicking yet. Our forward line is good enough to pounce on any chance that's presented and our defence seems to be steady enough to cope very well at the other end too.

bighairedmike

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2013, 12:38:45 AM »

Agree, with a fully settled squad we will be fine. What I've picked up from last night especially is that at times the midfield has been slightly disjointed leading to a lack of flow between the defence and attack. As a result, the exciting, clever build up play we got so used to last season hasn't been as evident leading people to believe we've been playing badly. Now, this may be the case with the midfield (compared to last season) but it's to be expected as it's the most unsettled part of the team at the moment with injuries and new signings etc. It seems the manager isn't quite decided on what our strongest midfield 4 is yet either. Fortunately this isn't the case with the defence and attack (in my opinion). The strikers are still scoring goals and taking their chances which is great, especially after the loss of Duncan and the defence is looking stronger than ever, which is really encouraging. Williams looked very assured last night and Havern was excellent winning nearly every ball that came his way.

So in a way it's ok that the midfield isn't quite clicking yet. Our forward line is good enough to pounce on any chance that's presented and our defence seems to be steady enough to cope very well at the other end too.

Without wanting to get into the whole backpatting and well said and I agree with... I think you're 100% correct, and said much more eloquently the point I was trying to make slightly earlier on in the thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight