PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 13551 times)

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 10:09:44 AM »

I think the key thing is 6 points.

The start of last season we were probably playing just as 'well' but lost them, This season we have managed to win these games up to now.

That must be a positive to take into the remainder of the season. The poor start to last season cost us even a chance of competing at the top despite borderline title form in the second half of the season.

So long may the wins continue!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »

If you were a neutral and watched damian reeves in a match where he reevsey decided he didn't want to score you'd think he looked a poor player....give walshaw time and ffs lets not dent the lads confidence...we have the players to allow out of form players to work their way back in from the subs bench...

I still think we are on a level par with last season but with a stronger squad....

Bearing mind James' pre season paul mcain type accident I suggest the following becomes his anthem;

he trod on a nail, he trod on a nail, his name is james walshaw, he trod on a nail.....I'll get my coat.....
I'm all for giving players time.
I really don't think it s controversial to say that so far they have been passengers and less than convincing.

Longman

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 10:41:03 AM »

Quite what anyone has seen in Smikle thus far is beyond me, I'm especially suprised that Lee has seen enough to start him for our first two games, he has looked completely lost from preseason for me. Hopefully he is off form and will improve, but I can't say I'm hopeful.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 10:41:54 AM »

I suspect that the results may say more about the relative strengths of Worcester and Barrow than it does us.  

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 11:27:23 AM »

Quite what anyone has seen in Smikle thus far is beyond me, I'm especially suprised that Lee has seen enough to start him for our first two games, he has looked completely lost from preseason for me. Hopefully he is off form and will improve, but I can't say I'm hopeful.

Agreed, don't see where all this hype has come from.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 12:24:08 PM »

Agreed, don't see where all this hype has come from.

I think as we've seen what he can do against us people expect it from the off. I'm encouraged he is looking for the ball and trying to get into decent positions, but at the moment when he's getting the ball he seems to be going nowhere. As he gets back to full fitness, remember he's not had a full pre-season, I'm sure we'll see a decent player.

For people who say we will turn into a long ball team with Perry in the side, weren't we like that when Johnson was here, but everyone wanted him to start?? Perry will hold the ball up brilliantly, and has a eye for goal as shown by his goal last night. Walshaw just needs a goal to get him going, and agree Lawrie is best up top. Along with Reevsey, it's a nice problem to have 4 top forwards competing for places.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

JDN

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 12:28:50 PM »

Perry = long ball, as we saw last night

only started trying to pass when he went off

Smikle = panic signing, not good enough

Jenga

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 12:33:28 PM »

to be honest i am extremely annoyed that we have not got more than 6 points from our first 2 games - SINNOUT.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 01:06:21 PM »

FFS give them a chance,....Perry 2 goals, 3 assists in less than an hour on the pitch, better than I expected.
Smikle hardly got to know his team mates yet, no pre-season, it takes time and first half LS deliberately played it tight and tucked him in.

Patience boy  ;)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 01:52:35 PM »

Good to see that we have not change one bit as fans.

although to be fair it would seem some of us have given Smikle 90 mins of football rather than the first 15.

JDN

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »

FFS give them a chance,....Perry 2 goals, 3 assists in less than an hour on the pitch, better than I expected.
Smikle hardly got to know his team mates yet, no pre-season, it takes time and first half LS deliberately played it tight and tucked him in.

Patience boy  ;)
got no gripe with Perry he done really well, but it reality that we go long ball and passing is out of the window when he's on

Smikle, how long do you give him?

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 02:04:16 PM »

first half LS deliberately played it tight and tucked him in.

Shock horror.....manager puts player to bed before half time............ :-*

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 02:17:11 PM »

Apart from some poor individual performances last night my biggest gripe is the amount of time we seem to be giving other teams on the ball. The midfielders need to be closing down much quicker.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 02:31:37 PM »

I am struggling to understand why anyone can find any negatives from our first 2 games of the season, in most other seasons we would have 1 point so far not 6. Yes we are not firing on full cylinders but that is the sign of a good side. In Lee we trust.

Agreed

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 02:45:14 PM »

The negatives don't need finding, they are staring you in the face!!
Two players we have presumably spent a lot of money on need to step up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight