PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 13549 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Tonight
« on: August 20, 2013, 11:16:10 PM »

First time I have seen the boys this season as I never fancy pre season.

First half we were very poor, our tempo was flat and we gave them too much room to lump balls into the box. We missed the energy of Richman / Moult and the creativity of Clee.  The midfield missed some bite.

I personally think we are not a ‘big forward man’ team, it just destroys our passing game and we are a lot better with the ball on the floor. I appreciate Perry scored but for me he was lazy and likes to wait for the ball to come to him.

Lawrie is not a winger, the lad has the best shot in the team and I would stick him up front with Reeves. I am only confident when Lawrie has the ball in and around the opposition area, he tends to lose it a lot in deeper positions, often easily pushed off the ball.

Too early to judge Smirkle but he looked nervous and unsure, let’s hope he gets fit which in turn builds his confidence. The correct decision to take him off, harsh maybe, but we go on the pitch to win.

Second half much better and I think Doughty and Clee still prove that our left side is where we create chances because Lawrie touched it about 5 times second half. Boshell stepped it up after the break and Rodgers got stuck in for the last 20 mins.

Positives are 3 points, Doughty still has the energy of an 18 year old and Luca is just immense but Saturday we need to go at County. Intensity from the off so Lawrie up front, Richman out right if fit enough. Moult with Boshell and Clee on the left.

Keep it going boys!

arnald

Re: Tonight
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:25:08 PM »

I reckon barrow were the better side  overall ,
but we had spirit and 1 goal more , and we are
only warmin up  8)

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 11:28:03 PM »

We will improve, two wins have got to be good for the confidence.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 11:40:33 PM »

I am struggling to understand why anyone can find any negatives from our first 2 games of the season, in most other seasons we would have 1 point so far not 6. Yes we are not firing on full cylinders but that is the sign of a good side. In Lee we trust.

brian1925

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 11:42:37 PM »

Barrow will feel very hard done to - they seemed to be more up for it than us and i particularly liked their number 2 and number 7. We played poorly and won, which is good, i think. I think our manager is doing a bit of tinkering this season and for his sake and the teams i hope it pays off. Luca and Williams were fortunately superb tonight.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 11:46:27 PM »

At least we are getting our bad patch over with early this season!
With any half decent passing we would have scored about seven in the second half as we had break after break but failed  to find that killer pass. With that in mind, we were lucky to get the points.

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 11:56:24 PM »

Barrow will feel very hard done to - they seemed to be more up for it than us and i particularly liked their number 2 and number 7. We played poorly and won, which is good, i think. I think our manager is doing a bit of tinkering this season and for his sake and the teams i hope it pays off. Luca and Williams were fortunately superb tonight.
Myself I thought barrow were poor till they brought on Edwards last 20 happy with win just about deserved it but only just

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 12:27:29 AM »

The win tonight was just about deserved and who cannot be pleased with 6 points so far - if it were last season we would most likely have lost at Worcester and drawn tonight

I think from what I have seen so far, there is no such thing as a regular starting eleven at the moment........there is more quality this season in the entire squad and hence more competition for starting places.....this gives us a 'better bench' and provides options if the starting eleven do not 'gel'.

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 12:33:13 AM »

if we keep winning we can carry on playing as we are doing!

How good a team we will be is very hard to say right now, give it five or six games and we'll have a better picture of how good we are, and how good the likes of North Ferriby are.

Come on Alty.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 07:44:39 AM »

I agree that we were not at our best tonight but I'll take 6 points from 2 games.

It's obvious that we're already missing Duncan as he was immense at unlocking defences and we don't have anyone like him in the team anymore - but who, at this level, does?

Bring on County!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 08:18:01 AM »

Hate playing against ten men , we always seem to find it difficult for some reason ,that said we keep winning while not firing on all cylinders ,can only get better .

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 09:14:01 AM »

I agree that we were not at our best tonight but I'll take 6 points from 2 games.

It's obvious that we're already missing Duncan as he was immense at unlocking defences and we don't have anyone like him in the team anymore - but who, at this level, does?

Bring on County!

Great as duncan is we have managed to score five goalsin two games and in nicky clee have a player who can change a game when he is on form

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 09:19:30 AM »

Still not convinced about Smikle or Walshaw. We can't carry passengers for long, we've just about got away with it so far.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 09:40:36 AM »

Still not convinced about Smikle or Walshaw. We can't carry passengers for long, we've just about got away with it so far.

I agree, Smikle has been a real let down. I don't know why he's reluctant to to forward, maybe a confidence thing and it will come.

Walshaw just looks poor.

Perry has done well but we turn into a long ball team when he's on.

Why we didn't put the ball team out when Perry went down, doubt they would have scored if we had.

Six points out of six is marvelous but I'm less than convinced .
Full time and proud of it

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 09:56:03 AM »

If you were a neutral and watched damian reeves in a match where he reevsey decided he didn't want to score you'd think he looked a poor player....give walshaw time and ffs lets not dent the lads confidence...we have the players to allow out of form players to work their way back in from the subs bench...

I still think we are on a level par with last season but with a stronger squad....

Bearing mind James' pre season paul mcain type accident I suggest the following becomes his anthem;

he trod on a nail, he trod on a nail, his name is james walshaw, he trod on a nail.....I'll get my coat.....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:02:46 AM by Jezza »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight