News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So... Tuesday?

Author Topic: So... Tuesday?  (Read 4015 times)

ChrisVessey CUFC

So... Tuesday?
« on: March 04, 2007, 03:47:06 PM »

How do you Altrincham fans genuinely feel it will go? Are your players playing as poorly as results suggest? Is confidence sinking?

We are currently seven unbeaten but are still aware we are still in the thick of a relegation battle. A few of our fans feel we may come a cropper on Tuesday, mainly due to our top striker Robbie Simpson being suspended. On the other hand morale and confidence is high in the team due to the recent good run.. but we're hoping Quinn warns the players against complacency for Tuesday.

After this weekends results a draw would be a better result for us than it would you.. so what can we expect on Tuesday? All out attack?

Either way it will be an extremely fascinating game to ponder with so much being at stake. I for one am nervous already!

alty_fc_senny

Re: So... Tuesday?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 04:23:58 PM »

Well It Should Be A Good Game I Think If We Can Get A Result Here And A Point At Weymouth Then We Should Be Ok To Stay Up

lukealty12

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 04:38:31 PM »

should be good game hoping for the three points and it seems as if we could get them but whne your down near the bottom things dont go your way

Altysmiffy

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 06:18:21 PM »

How do you Altrincham fans genuinely feel it will go? Are your players playing as poorly as results suggest? Is confidence sinking?

We are currently seven unbeaten but are still aware we are still in the thick of a relegation battle.

I feel that it is only a matter of time & a little luck for us to get a result or two.

The chaps have put in some performances of character & training appears to be going well & confidence does appear to be high. As we are only too aware, however, this may count for nothing!

It is too close in the bottom third to count anyone out of relegation.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »

We need a win, but to be honest against a team seven unbeaten I'll take a point now and move on.

We need to get Little a goal and soon (can we buy one off e-bay) if he don't score soon we're going to be in real trouble.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 06:26:17 PM »

Senior, McFadden & Thornley (and/or Thomson???) need to be in the team or on the subs bench. We need the options up front if its not going well.

samba

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 07:24:56 PM »

I honestly think Senior and McFadden should start.  They're both beasts and I think with them on the pitch we'll play some really nice football, and possibly even score! (shock!).

I think things aren't right behind the scenes which is a shame 'cos having seen Thompson in the reserves he does look good.

As soon as Little scores one I think he'll quickly return to old form, but i'm not sure on the merits of keeping him in at the moment?  I think bring him on in the second half, but with form not looking to return any time soon I think *maybe* someone else could do a better job?

Please don't shoot me..

Daycare Dan

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »

The problem is Little is our best striker and like you say as soon as he gets one, he'll get a few. Problem is getting him that one. He needs to be on the pitch to score, so I agree with GH in playing him. But it was good to see Little was taken off when it was clear he was not going to score on Friday.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 07:31:34 PM »

What you say makes some sense.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 08:11:01 PM »

Maybe it would help if Graham didn't leave bringing on substitutions until the last 5 minutes  :(

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 10:01:50 PM »

They're both beasts
  Pat and Chris ???

i'm slightly confused at your interpretation of the word beast. because in my own magical little world i wouldnt describe them as beasts. can you please explain to me wot yu mean??

the above is not supposed 2 be rude, and i sincerely hope no offence has been taken in reasding this :)

louise1925

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 10:43:19 AM »

Here is my first Alty prediction of the season. I'm feeling quite bullish after calling the Tottenham comeback at West Ham yesterday.
3-0 to Alty.
We must have beaten some kind of record recently for hitting the woodwork in matches and tomorrow they will ALL go in - sods law!
Cambridge will understand better than most that no Robbie Simpson means no goals. Funnily enough the same rule has always applied to Alty with Colin Little, which is why my money is on him scoring at least two! Sorry Chris from Cambridge...
AltyBri

samba

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 12:29:44 PM »

They're both beasts
  Pat and Chris ???

i'm slightly confused at your interpretation of the word beast. because in my own magical little world i wouldnt describe them as beasts. can you please explain to me wot yu mean??

the above is not supposed 2 be rude, and i sincerely hope no offence has been taken in reasding this :)

lol tis fine.
I would definately say they may not have been the best words to use.  I just mean they're both pacey and talented (from what i've seen) and I think they'd give us some options we don't normally have.  Our attack isn't pacey and regularly lacks ideas, which I think Chris and Pat bring when they're on the pitch.

Just an opinion...

smithers

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 05:31:06 PM »

Is that Kate Jackson in yer avatar Daycare? Must say Alty fans have good taste in music judging by some avatars on here.

tommorrow - we better bloody win
3-1 to Alty, scorers Little, O'Neil, McFadden.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 07:20:56 PM »

Cambridge will understand better than most that no Robbie Simpson means no goals. Funnily enough the same rule has always applied to Alty with Colin Little, which is why my money is on him scoring at least two! Sorry Chris from Cambridge...
AltyBri

Not necessarily true Bri, Robbie rarely scores away from home. Out of his 8 strikes this season only 2 have come away from the Abbey...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So... Tuesday?