PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?  (Read 11336 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2022, 12:25:20 AM »

Hugh v Amsterdam Alty sumo wrestling in a pub car park?
If we don’t do it Sky will. 😂😂😂
I'm strictly down for bikini mud wrestling only.

Ah, sumo, the politest sport in the world (one wrestler had a reputation as the bad boy of the sport after clenching his fists in celebration) and the one martial art I have had some sort of experience at. Be warned (!). :) (The Sky's the limit).

(You probably won't be surprised to learn that Bradford (Park Avenue), with their () and (traditional) non-league ambience (and old programmes on sale (I once bought a programme from their last FL season in 1969-70 there))! is (one of) my favourite away trips (and also the scene for (one of) my favourite Alty goals, a Valery Owen belter back in 2005). Altogether now: "Oh, Bandy Bandy - Bandy Bandy Bandy Bandy Peter Band (I may have imagined that last bit!)).

(I fear you may be out of luck for mud wrestling now they have fixed that corner of the pitch near the (old) gasworks (unless you can persuade them to include it in the fanzone!)).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 02:04:55 AM by Hugh »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2022, 12:44:51 PM »

I see we've quickly reached the initial £300k fundraising target for this.

Well done to everyone involved.

FromAltyToAshford

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2022, 01:15:24 PM »

Quickly? I hadn't even seen the email that it had started before getting the one saying that the target has been reached!

I hope this bodes well.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2022, 03:28:33 PM »

Makes me a little bit gutted it wasn't a larger raise, and also shows that the "No one wants to invest in a club like Altrincham" rhetoric was indeed such utter bollocks

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2022, 03:58:30 PM »

Makes me a little bit gutted it wasn't a larger raise, and also shows that the "No one wants to invest in a club like Altrincham" rhetoric was indeed such utter bollocks

In theory, if someone wanted more than 10%, they could contact the club through Seedrs, it promoted our availability.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2022, 04:45:02 PM »

Can anybody actually state what this money is earmarked for. It would be nice to know for people who could / maybe want to make a donation

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2022, 04:50:51 PM »

Can anybody actually state what this money is earmarked for. It would be nice to know for people who could / maybe want to make a donation

It's says on Seedrs what the areas it's for. But ultimately youre investing for a share in thr club
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2022, 04:56:33 PM »

It's says on Seedrs what the areas it's for. But ultimately youre investing for a share in thr club

Personally, I wouldn’t want to donate for it to just go into a big pot for such things as players wages etc, if it was for a specific purpose then I would think about it.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2022, 05:00:12 PM »

Personally, I wouldn’t want to donate for it to just go into a big pot for such things as players wages etc, if it was for a specific purpose then I would think about it.
From the Seedr's website

Now it's time to escalate things. We are planning on raising funds from supporters like you so we can accelerate our plans, improve the ground, add to the transfer budget, grow revenue streams, start a girl's academy, and nudge in alongside those bigger clubs who used to pick our pockets for players that aspired to more.

We do not intend on using the funds raised through Seedrs to pay off debts or taxes and we do not aim to use these funds for right-sizing wrong-sized balance sheets. This raise is solely about growing Altrincham FC. Every pound you contribute makes 'little Alty' a bigger, more competitive club.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2022, 05:19:50 PM »

From the Seedr's website

Now it's time to escalate things. We are planning on raising funds from supporters like you so we can accelerate our plans, improve the ground, add to the transfer budget, grow revenue streams, start a girl's academy, and nudge in alongside those bigger clubs who used to pick our pockets for players that aspired to more.

We do not intend on using the funds raised through Seedrs to pay off debts or taxes and we do not aim to use these funds for right-sizing wrong-sized balance sheets. This raise is solely about growing Altrincham FC. Every pound you contribute makes 'little Alty' a bigger, more competitive club.

Thanks for that.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2022, 01:13:17 AM »

Indeed. It shows there's an interest in a well-run club like Alty who do things the right way (though I must admit that such schemes go somewhat over my head).

Onwards and upwards.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2022, 06:33:35 PM »

Indeed. It shows there's an interest in a well-run club like Alty who do things the right way (though I must admit that such schemes go somewhat over my head).

Well they seem to have raised £300,000 successfully, so hopefully the funds will help a lot. Good initiative !!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2022, 02:22:34 PM »

just looked at this investment scheme,its very complicated just to sign up,you have to correctlly answer 7 questions to do with general investing and i got 4 out of the 7 correct and was told i had failed,so i cannot invest in the clubWill spend some of my money on a book about    The Manchester, South Junction and Altrincham Railway: v. 34 (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Dixon, Frank
Harold

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2022, 02:45:11 PM »

just looked at this investment scheme,its very complicated just to sign up,you have to correctlly answer 7 questions to do with general investing and i got 4 out of the 7 correct and was told i had failed,so i cannot invest in the clubWill spend some of my money on a book about    The Manchester, South Junction and Altrincham Railway: v. 34 (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Dixon, Frank
Harold, if you got 4 right you must have been on the right lines but I don’t see how that book will enable you to keep track of the club’s progress. It could signal a diversification of your allegiances but it points to an interesting hobby. (I tried to fit Skelton Junction in but failed  :-\)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2022, 04:40:47 PM »

brilliant,NOn de
Harold
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?