PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buy a striker
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Buy a striker  (Read 19351 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Buy a striker
« on: November 07, 2020, 05:06:35 PM »

We've Hulme's money and a government grant above what we'd likely go through the gates.

There's 67 clubs in Conference plus 72 Football League clubs. One player from any of those would be happy to take a wedge of cash to play in a footballing XI who will provide them bountiful chances.

Many clubs are struggling for cash and would welcome the income associated with a transfer.

Watching Peers (and Fisaylo) for the most part is painful - nearly as painful watching Hancock.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:10:40 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Buy a striker
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 05:07:46 PM »

Or bring one in on loan

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 05:11:17 PM »

There are not many teams want to let a top and proven goal scorer go and we cannot go and bung in a player on an inflated wage because of the long term effect on the rest of the team.

It is easier said than done, and I think a loanee might be the answer.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 05:37:33 PM »

There are not many teams want to let a top and proven goal scorer go and we cannot go and bung in a player on an inflated wage because of the long term effect on the rest of the team.

Done alright for Gloucester and Fylde...
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 06:08:31 PM »

There will be the inevitable accusations of hysteria, but we really will get relegated without a proper striker. We are a good team but that will only take us so far unfortunately. I don't know what the answer is. Certainly I buy the argument that it is difficult to bring one in at this time but as a matter of some urgency, we desperately need to try.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 06:17:13 PM »

How much do you think it would cost for Curzon to part with Knowles? He's the only person I can think of right now but I doubt it's feasible.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 06:18:24 PM »

I don't get the Gloucester reference, but we don't have the money/wage structure to start paying Fylde type wages.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 06:22:39 PM »

Sounds like a game we should have won if we took our chances....hence the obvious posts after the match
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 06:28:56 PM »

Last four league's games we've played well. I've enjoyed our style of play. But it'd be a lot more enjoyable knowing one or two goals will go in at the end of it.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 06:30:06 PM »

I don't get the Gloucester reference, but we don't have the money/wage structure to start paying Fylde type wages.

Gloucester bought Chester's top scorer. Fylde took our main striker. Keep up.

We're getting 2300 through the gate in cash from the government. We've got Hulmes cash.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 06:36:40 PM »

We were arguably the better side for most of today's game - until we had to score. Quite frankly we wouldn't have scored if their goalkeeper had gone home. It has to be addressed, or we'll be fighting relegation.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 06:44:22 PM »

We're getting 2300 through the gate in cash from the government. We've got Hulmes cash.

Obviously knew the Fylde reference, but thank you for the Gloucs one.
It is not just a case of a transfer fee - I agree we have a certain amount of money for that - but the issue arises with someone coming into the changing room on a higher wage, and this would have been a problem with Hulme had we offered him the money he was to get at Fylde
Laurence Looney explained this to us a couple of weeks ago; if you suddenly have a player bought in panic on twice the wage of anyone else in the squad you immediately have problems.
AND...what club wants to let a proven goalscorer go?
We will need either a loanee from a higher club or an enthusiastic , but unproven, young prospect from a smaller club.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »

The striker situation needs dosh throwing at it. I don't often say splash the cash but it is now critical. We have not got a goal scorer at the club.
The new striker isn't good enough from what I have seen and his shocking record would suggest that and Peers can't keep hold of the ball and his positional play is very poor.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2020, 06:51:53 PM »

Obviously knew the Fylde reference, but thank you for the Gloucs one.
It is not just a case of a transfer fee - I agree we have a certain amount of money for that - but the issue arises with someone coming into the changing room on a higher wage, and this would have been a problem with Hulme had we offered him the money he was to get at Fylde
Laurence Looney explained this to us a couple of weeks ago; if you suddenly have a player bought in panic on twice the wage of anyone else in the squad you immediately have problems.
AND...what club wants to let a proven goalscorer go?
We will need either a loanee from a higher club or an enthusiastic , but unproven, young prospect from a smaller club.

Buying someone doesn't mean we have to break the wage structure. Someone proven at our level sat on someone's bench or someone one level below who we pay a fee for but keep top end of the wage budget.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2020, 06:56:23 PM »

If you went into an Evo-Stik League season with Adarabioyo and Peers as your principal attacking options, then you would be somewhat concerned.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buy a striker