PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ebbsfleet today
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ebbsfleet today  (Read 4045 times)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Ebbsfleet today
« on: January 16, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »

Just got back from the game. A great 3 points seeing we havent played for a month and were away from home against a side that has had good recent results.
Ebbsfleet did most of the pressing and a draw wouldnt have been unjust. Chris Senior was magnificent. However our defence was very good. The first half was drab but the second half livened up. Russell Saunders did well but didnt have too much to do.
About 30 Alty fans there in a crowd of about 870
The Ref had a good game though didnt have too much to do as it was a clean game and no time wasting wiith sorting out defensive walls.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ebbsfleet today
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 07:01:20 PM »

The Ref had a good game

She wasn't terrible but I thought she got some decisions (for and against us) badly wrong.

I agree though, she didn't really have a lot to do.
Come on Alty!

rick

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 07:09:40 PM »

30 alty fans!!! honestly is that all that was at the game today? was going to ask about the away support.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 07:23:46 PM »

Yes she got some decisions wrong - but you obvously were not at the same fixture last season when her performance was abysmal and comical. To be fair to her this was a massive improvement. However she wasnt put under the same pressure by the Ebbsfleet players today with their time wasting tacktics defending a lead. Plus it was a relatively clean game.

In the second half the small contingent of Alty fans still made a noise. To be fair to those that usually go to away games and didnt go today, there was not guarantee that this match was going ahead until around 1pm today. The pitch was in very good nick - well done to Ebbsfleet on that effort.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 07:52:46 PM »

you obvously were not at the same fixture last season when her performance was abysmal and comical.

Unfortunately, I was!   :(

;)
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 07:54:43 PM »

In the second half the small contingent of Alty fans still made a noise.

It was a bit weird in the first half because we all seemed to be spread around the ground and therefore we couldn't get any singing going. As you said, second half was a vast improvement.
Come on Alty!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »

I'd echo previous posts, today's game was far from a classic but we always looked comfortable throughout.

I thought Chris Senior was wonderful today, his energy and movement up front after no game for over a month was a sight to behold. Mention to Russell Saunders as well, a late call up but his handling was flawless and he had no chance with the goal, we seem to do very well with reserve keepers in recent times.

As for the game itself, the first half other than our goal sod all happened, Ebbsfleet looked slow at the back and their final ball was poor, easy to see why they are near the bottom. Definitely one of the worst teams I have seen us play this season. Second half once we got the second goal which was a bit scrappy we should have put it to bed. Maybe a slight air of complacency crept in but in the end we were worthy winners. I do like the back 5 away from home, gives us a very solid look and a good platform to build on. The good thing to note is that we are now of a level were we don't have to play especially well away from home and we can still win matches. Mention to an effort by Senior as well near the end were the ball came to the edge of the Ebbsfleet box from a giant Saunders goal kick and dropping over Senior's Shoulder from 80 yards away he caught it on the volley and Cronin pulled off a great save, if that had gone in that would have been one of the goals of the season.

I'd say we had about 35 there today, about a third were Southern exiles but credit to anyone who made it down from Alty. I didn''t want to mention to the Ebbsfleet director who came over to clap all the Alty fans that we were on the super fast train back to St Pancras and would be back by 530!

We can go to Wimbledon in good heart on Tuesday now, it will be tough but away from home we look top class this season.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 09:24:11 PM »

I didn''t want to mention to the Ebbsfleet director who came over to clap all the Alty fans .......

I didn't notice this at the time - I think that's a nice touch.
Come on Alty!

baldrick

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 12:29:06 AM »

Female referee? Some things are just wrong.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »

Sexism?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 12:55:26 AM »

the have been some bloody awful MALE refs.  No reason why a female can't do a decent job, and there will of course be some bloody awful FEMALE refs.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 01:19:43 AM »

lol

i dont see so many games but i didnt really feel at any point that ebbsfleet were going to win, alty didnt play fantastically well but were in control for the majority of the game.
what more can you want than a solid defence and to carry a threat? thats what we did all afternoon.
special mentions for the referee who did a good job under provocation, not least from me, and the sun which was seen in ebbsfleet for the first time ever.
ever.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:25:03 AM by jiminlondon »

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 07:14:43 AM »

As long as they don't let it interfere with the housework then there is no reason why girlies cannot be refs...and I say that as an ardent feminist.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 10:47:49 AM »

Plus its good for the economy, with her husband having to buy his tea in most tuesdays and saturdays

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 11:27:36 AM »

I bet she isnt up her own arse like a certain Mr Joyce
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ebbsfleet today