PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team News
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Team News  (Read 9657 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team News
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 09:39:35 AM »

He can't pick the right formation/starting 11 with 13 available players. Don't think we should be complicating thinks any more.
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 09:47:14 AM »

I said a week or so ago that we were effectively running with a squad of 14. Perry has looked viable in the last game and a half, so 15. Last night, injuries to Moult and Clee further reduced the numbers. So......

Why have two teenagers on the bench if there's zero intention to use them ?

Why start Smikle? We might as well play with ten.

Why can't we pick up loan players ? Gloucester have just brought in three, and it's turned them around.

The players looked thoroughly pissed off at the end. There is a LOT wrong right now. Maybe they, like me, have lost faith in the manager.

Skipping Southport and Guiseley, can't justify the loss of earnings this near Xmas.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 09:56:28 AM »

Of course the squad needs strengthene ing but where do people expect the money to come from to add to it?

Hard to believe that the watmore and j davison sponsor money have gone already ,maybe the case but hopefully not.

bighairedmike

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »

Glad I decided to give this one a miss. Sounds dreadful.

We might sneak the playoffs if we're lucky.

And let's be honest, the team is weaker than last year's team so why should we expect any more?

No Watmore and no service to Reeves and when Clee doesn't play we lose.

No creativity nor flare.  Smikle is a very poor attempt at trying to create flare and when you're looking at a 2 stone overweight centre forward to save the day by winning an occasional knock down header for Walshaw to run after you realise that you're trouble.

One of the few players to come out of tonight with any credibility. If you weren't there then I wouldn't judge to be honest.

I can't be arsed going into it all tonight as I've had hardly any sleep since Friday morning, was at work from 6am this morning and am back in at 6am today having just got home. For anybody who doesn't want to jump to conclusions that are completely false then you should read Hamiltons post on the second page of this thread. I'll air my full views tomorrow.

Hang on a minute, i'm not making a judgement on 1 game this season I have missed so don't give it the big un.

I am simply comparing this year's attacking line up to last year's and it is uncomparable.

Get back in your box. You went to Gloucester, good on you.

How can you compare it though? We've lost possibly the most exciting player to have played in an Alty shirt to a PREMIERSHIP club and have somehow tried to replace him. Lets be honest, that's not going to happen in a like for like swap. The two are completely incomparable.

Hardly giving it the big un when I'm just stating a simple fact. The reason that Perry played better yesterday was because the rest of the team were playing to his strengths. IE; getting it into his feet as opposed to hoofing it long for him to head on. Something which is not his forté.

Don't quite know what you're getting at with the last statement so, erm, cheers.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »

The sponsorship money will be factored into the season's budget. As for any Watmore money none of us know how much there was, or when it's coming, or what it depends on him doing before we get any.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »

Either all the playing budget has been spent, in which case it's weird that we're the only club in the league who can't afford more than 16 players, or there's still some left in reserve, in which case it's weird that we haven't used it to bring in more players when they're so clearly needed now. Either way, something's not right.

Hamilton

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »

Either all the playing budget has been spent, in which case it's weird that we're the only club in the league who can't afford more than 16 players, or there's still some left in reserve, in which case it's weird that we haven't used it to bring in more players when they're so clearly needed now. Either way, something's not right.

3rd option is all the otherr teams are over budget.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 10:48:47 AM »

good point

taxi Phil

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »

3rd option is all the otherr teams are over budget.
Well we've certainly seen plenty of THAT option over the last few years.......

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 11:11:41 AM »

Other teams being over-budget is of no relevance to our situation, though. We've got to stop hiding behind this every time we have a problem of our own which needs addressing.

The fact of the matter is, we haven't got enough players, either because the playing budget has been poorly managed by Lee Sinnott, or because he has not used all the money available to him yet. What we don't know, of course, is how hard he's been trying to bring players in (assuming he has the money to do so).

Perhaps he will be able to clarify exactly what the situation is at the Q&A session on Saturday.
Come on Alty!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »

No idea about budgets and where we stand in the pecking order, but right now we have a chance to win this league and at the moment we are being outperformed (both on the pitch and 'on league table standings') by a number of what I would consider to be smaller clubs and it should be a bitter pill to swallow for all (players, board, fans, manager etc)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 01:34:51 PM »

We should have enough money to get in one or two players on loan or frees. If the budget has all been used on the tiny squad we've got then something's gone seriously wrong. In the old days, we were always picking up squad players from FCUM, Curzon Ashton and the like. How come we can't do that now? Obviously, we have to sign people who have a bit of ability, but what's going on with the scouting?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2013, 01:39:21 PM »

Glad I decided to give this one a miss. Sounds dreadful.

We might sneak the playoffs if we're lucky.

And let's be honest, the team is weaker than last year's team so why should we expect any more?

No Watmore and no service to Reeves and when Clee doesn't play we lose.

No creativity nor flare.  Smikle is a very poor attempt at trying to create flare and when you're looking at a 2 stone overweight centre forward to save the day by winning an occasional knock down header for Walshaw to run after you realise that you're trouble.

One of the few players to come out of tonight with any credibility. If you weren't there then I wouldn't judge to be honest.

I can't be arsed going into it all tonight as I've had hardly any sleep since Friday morning, was at work from 6am this morning and am back in at 6am today having just got home. For anybody who doesn't want to jump to conclusions that are completely false then you should read Hamiltons post on the second page of this thread. I'll air my full views tomorrow.

Hang on a minute, i'm not making a judgement on 1 game this season I have missed so don't give it the big un.

I am simply comparing this year's attacking line up to last year's and it is uncomparable.

Get back in your box. You went to Gloucester, good on you.

How can you compare it though? We've lost possibly the most exciting player to have played in an Alty shirt to a PREMIERSHIP club and have somehow tried to replace him. Lets be honest, that's not going to happen in a like for like swap. The two are completely incomparable.

Hardly giving it the big un when I'm just stating a simple fact. The reason that Perry played better yesterday was because the rest of the team were playing to his strengths. IE; getting it into his feet as opposed to hoofing it long for him to head on. Something which is not his forté.

Don't quite know what you're getting at with the last statement so, erm, cheers.

You're saying that I can't judge because I wasn't there last night. I did not make a judgement on last night. Maybe you would like to read my post again.

I simply said that I think that this year's team is weaker than last year's and explained my reasoning behind why I thought so.

I also said that we might sneak the play offs if we are lucky.

Both of these points are my opinion and I suspect that others may agree with me. Obviously, others may not.

Never once did I jump to any conclusion. Again, you may want to read my original post again.

I will stand by a post I made in August about my thoughts on the signing of Perry. You are welcome to find it. )May I suggest that you read it a couple of times though before jumping on the keyboard?)

Last night Perry may have played well and I am pleased if that was the case. He was actually okay when he cam on against Leek and against Harrogate.

If you don't agree with my opinions then that's your choice but please don't tell me not to judge because I wasn't at last night's game, because I did not make a judgement on last night's game. Also, please do not tell me not to jump to any conclusions because, once again, I didn't.

I will put your comments down to being very tired having not got your 8 hours sleep a night since last Friday.

Glad that's sorted but will of course listen and take on board any further comments you may have on this subject.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »

With only 12 players to pick from he's still f**ked it up.

Putting Reeves on the bench is criminal.
Sinnott

Totally agree. >:( >:(

Can't imagine Reevesy being here next year.

He looks permanently pissed off, seems to hate Walshaw and is frequently dropped or substituted. And with no service to him he doesn't score and we all know he needs service.

Perhaps that's the masterplan?

Sell Reeves in January and then use the proceeds plus the accompanying savings in wages to invest in new recruits?

Who knows?

I just hope that there is a masterplan.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 07:48:07 PM »

Of course the squad needs strengthening but where do people expect the money to come from to add to it?

Come on Ian, don't play that game. Excuses keep us treading water.

FA Cup prize money? Burton tv money? Money for Duncan Watmore (even at it's lowest ebb, £30-50k), J Davidson sponsor ship money? average gates seem to be holding?

Lily livered.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team News