News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The morning after

Author Topic: The morning after  (Read 1986 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The morning after
« on: December 11, 2013, 08:59:28 AM »

I think last night we saw a collective outpouring of frustration, which as supporters to whom it hurts when we don't perform, is no bad thing.I think a lot of people expected a negative result last night and we weren't proved wrong. This is not something that people have jumped on overnight, this is a after 2 and 1/2 years of treading water. The league is there for the taking this year and every time we have a chance to go top or put some distance between ourselves and others we fluff our lines.

We may for all we know be trying hard to sign players and are being rebuffed or asked for unrealistic demands as everyone is of the opinion we are cash rich after selling a player to a premier league club. This may be one of the problems of doing all your business "undisclosed" if cards are on the table, everybody knows where they are at.

The off field stuff is fantastic and I'm fully behind it. But as a football fan first and foremost, hearing donations have reached £50k in a matter of weeks for the sports hall whilst we are still limping along with 4 defenders is disheartening more than anything else.I appreciate they are seperate entities, but they are always going to go hand in hand.

This league is as open as it will ever be, we need to take this chance to get back to where we all want to be.The talk of season on season improvement looks pale when compared to Hailifax and Nuneaton who won't have that much more clout than us.
The lines of communication on off field matters are superb, can we just please have some clarification without showing all our cards as to where we are at squad wise. Because those that turn up every week can't help but be baffled that we are handicapping ourselves with such a paper thin squad, when those around us (including last nights homeless and 20th in the table) opponents are busily snapping up players be it on a permenant or loan basis.

This is not meant to upset anybody, we all know the hard work that goes into running the club, but football fans also want to know about football matters.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:01:30 AM by Dennis Cruikshank »

taxi Phil

Re: The morning after
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:28:52 AM »

Excellent post Pete.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31:38 AM »

Spot on , have we not signed anyone as the right players haven't been available ? as other clubs are signing them as mentioned above. .
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:33:54 AM by Timperley The Best »

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 10:31:16 AM »

Constructive, courteous and pertinent post. Nice one.

bumble

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »

Having 2 hours kip and still being furious I considered not posting on here, But pete has summed it up.

At the end of the day we all want Lee to succeed and take us up and hopefully stablize

Last night reminded me of workington away last season. A poor run but we went out and got two players that week and went on to progress into the playoff. At that point we could have fallen away

Yes its great we have so much going on. Im proud to be part of a club where we have so many things in the pipeline.

From what I gathered from my "chat" with the chairman, we are trying to get people in..... but trying seems to the word of the moment.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:05:19 PM by Jack Jolly »

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »

Well its nice to read a sensible post ,quit agree with you .
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The morning after