PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for next season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Team for next season  (Read 14433 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team for next season
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 11:18:44 PM »

I think what is actually key for next season is, yes obviously managing to fund raise enough so that at the very least we can keep the current squad, that the players take it upon themselves to improve. If these players have desire they can do that.

Sean Densmore and Anthony Danylyk need to concentrate and improve their discipline, they pick up far too many bookings.

Welchy needs to improve his fitness although he has been fit enough in the past he has just been derailed this season by Vics making him not play for about 3 months. Weirdos.

Dale, for all his efforts this season has now had a decent run in the side. He needs to improve his fitness and make a concerted effort to improve his goal scoring ratio. Practice, practice, practice (twice a week!).

These aren't impossible dreams for the players, they can easily be done. I'm sure GH and GB will give all the players targets for the season, these were just a few that sprung to mind.

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 11:30:56 PM »

Goalkeepers.

Is it a sin to say that Stuart Coburn (massive massive fan of his) is getting no younger?  Richard Acton is a worthy stand-in but in the next year or so we will have to start grafting a new long term keeper into the squad & first team

Stuart is worth a dozen points a year at least, we need that sort of quality again & quality like that isn't easy to find.

Another demand on a limited budget.

AltyIan

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 11:38:49 PM »

What has happened to Andy Ralph? had a few games in the middle of the season and played fantastically

Alex

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 11:39:50 PM »

he emigrated to australia

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 11:40:10 PM »

What has happened to Andy Ralph? had a few games in the middle of the season and played fantastically

He's moved down under!

penfold

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 11:53:12 PM »

As long as Young, Lawton and Senior stay im happy! I think Johnson will be gone in the summer probably to someone like Macc or Rochdale (if they don't go up). Densmore, what a find, he has worked his socks of this season but I can't help but feel the club won't be able to afford to keep him, and there is the possibility of an established team in the league wanting his services, judging by his form for us this season.

Alex

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »

not sure about Dale tbh i think out of him and Densmore i think shaun is more likely to be plying his trade in League 2 next season. for me dale has alot to work on before a league club will want him (theres plenty of forwards about in the league who are like dale in terms of skill but who can find the back of the net - let's be honest he's only scored one more goal than Joe and yet i've not heard one mention of people saying how strikers need to score goals? )

fuertes

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 08:34:42 AM »

Dale was starting to look really good mid-season. He put in good performances at Forest Green, York and found the net against Burton at home. However, he's not been great in recent weeks. I think he has the ability to be a very good player, but he has two main problems; he tires badly in the final quarter of games; he gets too upset about not getting fouls and then starts to sulk/constantly look to the referee. He strikes me as the kind of player where you should tell him that the centre halves have been insulting his Mum just before kick off, then he'd have a bit more fight and aggression in his performance and be almost unplayable at this level.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »

Dale's goal tally has not been sufficient to warrant much attention from league clubs.

Hopefully he can really improve on this next season in an Alty shirt and help us move a bit higher up the table in the process.  :)
Come on Alty!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 10:52:04 PM »

Dale's goal tally has not been sufficient to warrant much attention from league clubs.

Hopefully he can really improve on this next season in an Alty shirt and help us move a bit higher up the table in the process.  :)

Fully agree.............Dale is certainly a good asset for the club, he does lots of things really well and can (on a good day) cause defences massive problems.
The day he becomes a 10 goal a season striker is the day he leaves for full time league football.....but at the moment he is not the finished article.
Hopefully next season he will improve on this one, help secure us a decent mid table finish and earn himself a contract at Crewe
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jacko

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 10:58:54 PM »

Don't really agree with judging dale on his goals in the first season here, he doesn't take penaltys, isn't our main striker (colin) and he actually seems one of these battering ram types that causes real fatigue on defenders and this must be a perfect partner for colin, I think he'll be vital so i'd add him to youngy and densmore importance for next season.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »

Don't really agree with judging dale on his goals in the first season here, he doesn't take penaltys, isn't our main striker (colin) and he actually seems one of these battering ram types that causes real fatigue on defenders and this must be a perfect partner for colin, I think he'll be vital so i'd add him to youngy and densmore importance for next season.

You can be a good striker without scoring a shedload of goals, granted but you do have to get some. I love Dale but he has made 34 starts and 16 sub appearances and only scored 5 goals.

That's 1 goal in every 10 times he gets on the pitch, that's far too much! It really has to be something he aims to improve on, be that getting in the box more, being sharper, more confident with his finishing, more selfish whatever.

Reading Robin

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 01:41:10 AM »

Goalkeepers.

Is it a sin to say that Stuart Coburn (massive massive fan of his) is getting no younger?  Richard Acton is a worthy stand-in but in the next year or so we will have to start grafting a new long term keeper into the squad & first team

Stuart is worth a dozen points a year at least, we need that sort of quality again & quality like that isn't easy to find.

Another demand on a limited budget.

33 isn't particularly old for a keeper, i can't see us signing a good young one, who would be prepared to wait around for 2-4 years.  Would be a bit of a waste of money with our budget. The bolded part is often said, but i always find it strange (particularly so for alty).  Do you think we would be 12 points worse off if Acton/Ralph had started all season?

Thinking about the possibility of league clubs coming in for our players, does anyone know how many of the players are on contract (and how long for)?

jimbo

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 10:26:17 AM »

DONT THINK ANY OF THE FORWARDS HAVE DONE WELL THIS SEASON.THEY HAVE NOT BEEN HELPED BY LACK OF CREATIVITY IN MIDFIELD?

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »

I'm hoping Johnson, Densmore and Danylyk will all stay but I think one from the 3 is more realistic (most probably Dale). Lot of work to be done next season if he does stay though, that 1 in 10 ratio has got to improve as well as overall fitness.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for next season