PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anyone going to Moss Lane on Saturday
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone going to Moss Lane on Saturday  (Read 4960 times)

Jenga

« on: January 15, 2009, 10:40:59 PM »

Just a thought but if the gate money goes to Alty, is anyone considering standing in the chequers end on Saturday???

markecky

Re: Anyone going to Moss Lane on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 11:43:03 PM »

It will be a fixed fee..99% sure of it...its too open ended not to take a fixed fee.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 11:50:23 PM »

It will be a fixed fee, not the gate receipts. I think we need to get our heads around this.

It will be a poor show if we have more fans at Moss Lane giving money to Vics than at the Kassam stadium and I think a few people need to consider that, a full coach would do wonders for our travel account as well.

:-X

Sorry Ecky, had to get it off my chest!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 11:59:52 PM »

Seriously, why would any self-respecting Alty supporter even consider going along to Moss Lane on Saturday to watch Northwich and thereby contributing £12.00 to their desperate regime's cause?

If you really have £12.00 spare, why don't you just donate it to the TASC Strengthen Our Squad initiative or sponsor Ecky's period of fasting?

Charity begins at home, as the cliche goes.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:20:03 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 12:07:57 AM »

I know that there are other people doing this....

I know that this is probably the wrong bit of the forum to post this on....

I know that people would probably prefer to give their money to the Football Club....

BUT.....

Hello friends, colleagues etc. ,

Apologies for taking your time and I hope you don't mind  but  I would like to draw your attention to the link below.

www.justgiving.com/philtheref

This is a site I have set up in the hope of gaining some sponsorship for the Great Manchester Run 2009 which I am doing in May this year.

I am running to raise money for MacMillan Cancer Support.

As some of you may be aware my Mum died just before Christmas. She had been suffering from Pleural Mesothelioma, an asbestos related Cancer of the membrane surrounding the lung.

I promised when Mum was diagnosed, that I would do the Manchester Run in May to raise money for the MacMillan Nurses who were, from the initial diagnosis all the way through absolutely unbelievable offering support which continues to this day (January 15th 2009)
 I was sort of hoping that she'd still be about to present the cheque after I'd finished the run but it wasn't to be.

However having made this promise I remained determined to raise this money and this week I was lucky enough to get a place in the 2009 Great Manchester Run.

I wonder whether you would consider sponsoring me for this?

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Regards

Phil

Any of you who know how averse I am to running or any other form of physical activity will perhaps get how alien me doing this is. If the moderators/administrators want to move this to another bit then please do so, but at least give me a bit of time to try to generate some sponsorship...PLEASE

joe

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 07:39:51 AM »

It will be a fixed fee, not the gate receipts. I think we need to get our heads around this.

It will be a poor show if we have more fans at Moss Lane giving money to Vics than at the Kassam stadium and I think a few people need to consider that, a full coach would do wonders for our travel account as well.

I'm thinking of going to Moss Lane on Saturday,depends what other local fixtures are on. It would cost me around 50 quid to go to Oxford with travelling expenses,entrance money,something for lunch etc which i simply cannot afford. A local fixture whether it be Vics or somewhere else will only cost me entrance money and very minimal travelling expenses.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 08:45:33 AM »

You are inferring that I am going to watch Vics - I will NOT be going to the game on Saturday?

Also just a point but with a new child who is 4 weeks old, I dont have time or the money to travel to Oxford for a full day out leaving my wife at home with two children.

All I am asking if anyone was thinking of going.

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 12:16:11 PM »

I'm thinking of going to Moss Lane on Saturday,depends what other local fixtures are on. It would cost me around 50 quid to go to Oxford with travelling expenses,entrance money,something for lunch etc which i simply cannot afford. A local fixture whether it be Vics or somewhere else will only cost me entrance money and very minimal travelling expenses.

if your looking for a cheaper option that oxford away, i suggest not bothering going to watch vics and wacking your £12 histon to win.

highwayman

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »

Live close to the ground - Might go down at quarter time.

That way I can see some live football but not put money into the Vics pockets.

Defo going on Tuesday and bringing a mate who is a Witton fan - happy to put money in Alty's coffers!

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 12:53:27 PM »

Live close to the ground - Might go down at quarter time.

That way I can see some live football but not put money into the Vics pockets.

Defo going on Tuesday and bringing a mate who is a Witton fan - happy to put money in Alty's coffers!

With a name like that I was wondering if your a chef???

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »

But just why would you donate £12.00 to Northwich Victoria (2004) FC?

Stay at home; listen to the commentary on Radio Oxford and give Ecky a fiver so that he doesn't eat a chocolate eclair for the next few weeks.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 04:56:47 PM »

The fact that we've helped vics out is a nice gesture, but there's no way on this earth that any true fan of Alty would want to contribute to their funds and watch 2 awful footballing teams in the process.

If somebody invited me in for free tomorrow, i'd still decline..

In fact it still doesn't sit right that they're playing at Moss Lane as the home team in the first place... Especially as we're only going to make a pittance out of it..

I know i'm ranting and it goes against what most other Alty fans are saying, but I just can't be gratious to NVFC! Sorry....

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 05:04:36 PM »

The fact that we've helped vics out is a nice gesture, but there's no way on this earth that any true fan of Alty would want to contribute to their funds and watch 2 awful footballing teams in the process.

In fact it still doesn't sit right that they're playing at Moss Lane as the home team in the first place... Especially as we're only going to make a pittance out of it..

I know i'm ranting and it goes against what most other Alty fans are saying, but I just can't be gratious to NVFC! Sorry....

Agree totally.

I may well take photographs of any known Alty supporters seen paying to enter Moss Lane tomorrow and then shame them publicly....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:07:08 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »

Agree totally.

I may well take photographs of any known Alty supporters seen paying to enter Moss Lane tomorrow and then shame them publicly....

Anyone going to the game as a volunteer eg sweeper upper, glass collector etc needs to stop at the fancy dress shop opposite National Tyre on Oldfield Rd to pick up their disguise.
Alternatively I suggest the worlds best known disguise i.e plastic Groucho Marx moustache, nose, glasses and eyebrows, available from all reputable joke shops for approx 99p
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 05:29:23 PM »

Agree totally.

Anyone going to the game as a volunteer eg sweeper upper, glass collector etc needs to stop at the fancy dress shop opposite National Tyre on Oldfield Rd to pick up their disguise.
Alternatively I suggest the worlds best known disguise i.e plastic Groucho Marx moustache, nose, glasses and eyebrows, available from all reputable joke shops for approx 99p

Does anybody know if the usual turnstile operators will be on duty tomorrow. If they are i may have a word to let me in for free so i can wear the abovementioned disguise for a laugh.  :D
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team