PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Simply Brilliant Support Today
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Simply Brilliant Support Today  (Read 5906 times)

markecky

« on: November 21, 2009, 06:36:31 PM »

Best atmosphere for years....a thoroughly enjoyable day.  And I didn't have to start every song.  God bless real ale!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Simply Brilliant Support Today
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »

Best atmosphere for years....a thoroughly enjoyable day.  And I didn't have to start every song.  God bless real ale!

roughly how many did we have ? how did the new striker play ?

AT

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 06:42:06 PM »

I would say about 250 and he didn't look too urgent at times but it is too early to tell
The dino chant was top quality.

dino

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 07:40:46 PM »

great 1st half performance.. excellent.  but surely 2nd half proves my point... changed to negative tactics and look what happens, we make it difficult for ourselves. it could have been different. We  played well overall... doughty, clee  and senior were the pick of the crop.  new boy did ok for me, but obviously struggled for fitness after H.T

managed to blag my way in for free in the mainstand.... didnt  fancy giving them £15. good facilities in the mainstand, although bogs not as celubrios as at green slime. excellent chicken wraps and sandwiches which was free along with the stella artois.

i counted the away support as 205

My chums in the car said you were singing a song about Dino. didnt hear it. was it good? how does it go?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 07:46:17 PM »

surely 2nd half proves my point... changed to negative tactics and look what happens, we make it difficult for ourselves. it could have been different.

Surely Lawton going off injured was a major reason behind the change in our play?
Come on Alty!

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 08:01:39 PM »

I thought Robbie Lawton was having one of his best displays in an Alty shirt until he went off injured.

The game certainly changed somewhat after he went off, hope he is back soon after playing like that.

WELL DONE ROBBIE LAWTON AND GET BACK SOON
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:04:20 PM by Knutsford Alty »

robins1978

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 09:11:52 PM »

I thought Robbie Lawton was having one of his best displays in an Alty shirt until he went off injured.

The game certainly changed somewhat after he went off, hope he is back soon after playing like that.

WELL DONE ROBBIE LAWTON AND GET BACK SOON
Ditto, Robbie did well today before getting injured. Lets hope its not serious and can make it for Tuesday.
Super day all round (apart from damage to coaches). A sgood as if not better than Wrexham away last season.
I Love watching Alty in Wales.

Not even bothered about losing a tenner as i had us to win 1-2 at 10/1
UNBEATEN AT THE DEVA, UNBEATEN AT THE DEVA (sung to we've got Chris Senior chant)

Longman

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 10:18:59 PM »

WE ARE F**KING ALTY
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:21:55 PM by markecky »

JonnyKeen

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 10:44:23 PM »

Was absolutely gutted was really enjoying the game but then had to leave at half-time as my friend looked as if he was gonna throw up over the guy in front of us.  :-[

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »

290 official figure.It felt like we were back in the Unibond days of us having more than the home side.

Let's hope we can get a decent turnout to Tamworth. I know 2 away days in 4 days might be stretching peoples purse strings, but it is one of our nearest games at about 75 miles,and would be fantastic to get 80-100 there.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Joe Wood

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 11:33:09 PM »

Fantastic effort from our support, thoroghly enjoyed it. I think the away attendence was 290, but I thought there was more than that...

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »

Got to say this one of the best Alty days out for a long time.

Good journey, good people and conversation, nice beer, many pubs, we won 3-1, and no trouble.

Cheers all.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 10:04:09 AM »

Yes good singing today , must have listened to my comments last week, lol .Thought there support was crap .what did everyone think about new striker didnt look up to standard to me , but  someone posted about him on here that he was not good in the air and wouldnt chase for the ball look like they were right .

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »

I really don't know where the ref got five minutes of added time yesterday. I thought it drew a strange reaction though.
The Chester players, who should have been given fresh hope by that, seemed to fade away and we seemed to get a second wind. In those five minutes we scored and never really gave them a kick.
I think the travelling support played a big part in that.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 11:15:27 AM »

Yes good singing today , must have listened to my comments last week, lol .Thought there support was crap .what did everyone think about new striker didnt look up to standard to me , but  someone posted about him on here that he was not good in the air and wouldnt chase for the ball look like they were right .

Oh well at least he got 50 minutes instead of 20 mins to impress/not impress.  I'll allow him the time to get to know players names seeing as though he first met them 2 hours before the kick off.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team