PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 9% up on attendances GOOD TIMES!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 9% up on attendances GOOD TIMES!!!!!  (Read 5929 times)

Jacko

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:46:51 AM by Jacko »

baldrick

Re: 4% up on attendances GOOD TIMES!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 07:58:02 AM »

Statistics are not always reliable. Wimbledon and Chester brought about 900 between them. I would say attendances are down.

joe

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 08:03:08 AM »

Statistics are not always reliable. Wimbledon and Chester brought about 900 between them. I would say attendances are down.

Does it matter how many away fans are included? What Jacko said is correct,attendances are up. He didn't say the amount of home fans has increased.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 08:26:02 AM »

when you consider some of the games we've still got to come (Luton, Oxford right near the end on a promotion charge would bring loads, Wrexham at New Year, York, Barrow) there is a very good chance we'll continue to improve that average as well.
Come on Alty!

baldrick

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:33:35 AM »

Does it matter how many away fans are included? What Jacko said is correct,attendances are up. He didn't say the amount of home fans has increased.
Yes of course it matters. The club must keep trying to attract more home fans. Away support is a bonus but if the club are relegated that money disappears. Look at the situation in Scotland where relegated clubs never get back up because they lose so much money by not playing Rangers and Celtic.

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 08:49:08 AM »

Continued very gradual increases in recent years. Same again I reckon, we'll average 1,100 by the end of the season.

Narcissist

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 08:51:52 AM »

I see Chester won last night. We want them to stay up if possible. With the weaker teams in this league they have a chance.

Its just a fact that the away followings of the bigger teams are what keeps us going strong.

Just out of interest Baldrick what can we do to bring more fans through the door in the middle of this economic slump? We've tried all sorts.

My only suggestion is to bring back the free u14's ticket in the messenger. Loads of us on here got into following alty week in week out through that. But its not an immediate income stream.

One thing we can do is continue to steward the ground superbly and make sure visiting fans walk away having enjoyed coming to alty for the day. Keeping the away figures up is just as crucial as the home figures. I think we're doing a great job of this.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 09:05:01 AM »

I personally can't see Chester staying up (unless they manage to get 15 of those points put back with their appeal which is on-going) however, it's good for us if they try to make a fist of it and beat as many teams in the bottom half as possible (as long as we get 3 points there in November) to make us just that little bit safer and then we can work towards that top half finish we all aspire to.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »

Five years ago we were playing Tuesday night home games in front of 410 fans.

I agree it would be good to have more home fans but in the greater scheme of things we aint doing that bad!
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »

Five years ago we were playing Tuesday night home games in front of 410 fans.

I agree it would be good to have more home fans but in the greater scheme of things we aint doing that bad!

Couldn't agree more. That puts it in perspective doesn't it?
We mustn't be complacent though and must always look for ways to increase attendances.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »

I remember when we literally had to go looking for singers because there were no more than 7 or 8 of us stood in that corner on the pop side. I know we haven't got thousands now, but when you compare it to what we used to have it's ridiculous!
Come on Alty!

joe

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 04:19:10 PM »

Yes of course it matters. The club must keep trying to attract more home fans. Away support is a bonus but if the club are relegated that money disappears. Look at the situation in Scotland where relegated clubs never get back up because they lose so much money by not playing Rangers and Celtic.

You've totally missed my point Baldrick.Home fans,away fans or neutral fans,our attendances so far have been up on last season which is what Jacko pointed out not the fact that our home following may be slightly down. You said you thought  attendances are down which on a whole they aren't.

RocketDan

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 06:38:53 PM »

You've totally missed my point Baldrick.Home fans,away fans or neutral fans,our attendances so far have been up on last season which is what Jacko pointed out not the fact that our home following may be slightly down. You said you thought  attendances are down which on a whole they aren't.

you can't really say until the end of the season. There is no good way to compare like with like.

Moomin Papa

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 11:00:28 AM »

hmmm

Jacko

Re: 9% up on attendances GOOD TIMES!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 12:48:24 AM »

Onwards and upwards now 9% better than last season

I would say the football improvement  has been about the same at home too..

Well actually not of late:(
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:13:34 AM by Jacko »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 9% up on attendances GOOD TIMES!!!!!