PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox for number 2!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mark Maddox for number 2!  (Read 5908 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Maddox for number 2!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 02:10:51 PM »

There's a severe lack of Alty goals full stop Duke.  >:(

Dougals Dad

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 05:40:45 PM »

Would Ken McK have to take a reduction in pay to come to Alty?

louise1925

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 05:56:23 PM »

TNS are top of a league they haven't lost in since August! They are winning games, not conceding goals and enjoying increased attendances. Would he come to Alty as a number 2? No chance. Would he come as a number 1? I doubt it very much.

bigcol

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 12:13:33 AM »

We Should get KEN MCKENNA in as number two,with a view to graham handing over the baton to kenny when he feels its time to go, I dont care if he's full time at TNS,everything possible should be done to bring Kenny in.He would restore some fire in the bellies.

The number two Gary Brabin would be my choice, he has a wealth of non-league and lower league experience, has been around a long time, can play if required (and is an excellent def-mid or CB) and could be the sort to rise to a challenge.  TNS may be a bit too easy for him (I mean what else is there other than getting knocked out of the CL each season? - at least we have a pyramid)

James Black

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 02:18:25 AM »

ken mckenna was that the bloke stood with rick acton. i listening in to wot he was saying to him and he seemed to have a good football brain someone like dat would be perfect 4 manager then get maddog in at number two unless ken brings his TNS assistant any way get graham rid of and lets start a fresh. may sound harsh but he's out stayed his welcome if i was him i would of quit with dalton. 

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 09:12:43 AM »

We Should get KEN MCKENNA in as number two,with a view to graham handing over the baton to kenny when he feels its time to go, I dont care if he's full time at TNS,everything possible should be done to bring Kenny in.He would restore some fire in the bellies.

If ken would come would have to be as number 1 not 2 he deserves that

bigcol

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 09:21:45 AM »

I can't see ken coming as a number 2 (hence my suggestion of brabin). GH is stopping so it is best to suggest other ways to bolster our squad/backroom team.

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 10:32:22 AM »

I'd be delighted to see Mad-Dog offered the number two position.

I think the body language of the players in the few games I've seen shows a distinct lack of enjoyment at even being at Alty...Mad-dog would increase the team morale as well as passion and he has got some coaching badges behind him hasn't he?

I'd also make Robbie captain and keep him centre mid as we've said time and time again he aint a right winger.

It'd be interesting to see what Kenn Mckenna could do on a smaller budget and if he'd take the job.

Our short term aim is to stay up this year...I'm sure Mad-Dog would help that cause.

Ken is probably one for the future when we make the step from part time to semi full time...maybe at the end of this season if we stay up?

Ironically if we go down I think the cote should stay...if we stay up then we need someone to take us on a level.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »

To be honest (and this is probably a bit premature given that we haven't actually changed manager yet!)  I'd love to see some new completely new blood come in if and when any future managerial changes are made. 

We've had a habit of apppointing either old boys or from within over the years (Quinn was the last outsider I think).  Maybe somebody with completely new ideas and a more open view of things could work.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 05:08:01 PM »

ken mckenna was that the bloke stood with rick acton. i listening in to wot he was saying to him and he seemed to have a good football brain someone like dat would be perfect 4 manager then get maddog in at number two unless ken brings his TNS assistant any way get graham rid of and lets start a fresh. may sound harsh but he's out stayed his welcome if i was him i would of quit with dalton. 

James Black's Yoda moment!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 07:01:18 PM »

Gary Brabin could also 'do the door' for those 21st Birthdays in the NWS........you would not mess with him !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bigcol

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 07:39:46 PM »

See that's the part time spirit, assistant manager, central midfielder and "de management" for all your barmitzfers.

thegazelle

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 10:48:47 PM »

almost bernardesque
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox for number 2!