PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox for number 2!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mark Maddox for number 2!  (Read 5906 times)

Alty365

« on: December 27, 2007, 12:56:15 AM »

Alty have been without inspiration and passion most of this season for me. Bringing in Mad Dog as assistant manager might just get the chemistry right. Mark is a born leader and many of us saw management qualities in him a long time ago. I would like to see him come back now - even if survival is beyond us I see him as a man who can carry the club forward in the future.

Jacobs

Re: Mark Maddox for number 2!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 10:15:43 AM »

Ian,

Hope your Ok after yesterdays shambles but as for a number 2 I think it would be best if we get someone with some new ideas, as you remember Mark played under Graham for a large part of his career and this may reflect in his coaching style. Although Maddog is a top bloke who always gave everything every game for Alty while he was playing there may be better options out there

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 10:34:17 AM »

We Should get KEN MCKENNA in as number two,with a view to graham handing over the baton to kenny when he feels its time to go, I dont care if he's full time at TNS,everything possible should be done to bring Kenny in.He would restore some fire in the bellies.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:36:28 AM »

Did he mention that he would like to be a number 2 before stepping into the job ?? I'm sure that rings a bell but maybe wrong !

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »

We Should get KEN MCKENNA in as number two,with a view to graham handing over the baton to kenny when he feels its time to go, I dont care if he's full time at TNS,everything possible should be done to bring Kenny in.He would restore some fire in the bellies.

Agree 100%. Ken is a winner, having proved his worth with TNS. If the chairman's comments in the NLP about the possibility of 50/50 part-time/full-time were to happen sooner rather than later, then McKenna would be perfect. The only negative would be forking out extra non-playing wages instead of improving the squad - but could be a better long-term solution.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 11:58:37 AM »

Dalton quitting maybe the wake up call some of these players need.Sadly it has caused the loss to the club of a good assistant
Harold

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 12:10:04 PM »

Be interesting to know the reasons for him resigning. If it was cos of players not listening or thinking they know best, or other reasons... Or that he'd just had enough.

Suppose we will never find out though.

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 12:32:42 PM »

Ian,

Hope your Ok after yesterdays shambles but as for a number 2 I think it would be best if we get someone with some new ideas, as you remember Mark played under Graham for a large part of his career and this may reflect in his coaching style. Although Maddog is a top bloke who always gave everything every game for Alty while he was playing there may be better options out there

Maybe so mate. Will be interestng to see what happens. All the best for the New Year Tom.

Alex

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 12:33:57 PM »

We Should get KEN MCKENNA

this sounds like the kind of man we need for the job:

from www.welsh-premier.com

A LEGEND in both English and Welsh non-league circles, Ken McKenna had the knack of scoring goals wherever he went.
He started his senior playing career with Poulton Victoria and then signed for Tranmere Rovers in the Football League.
He won a Cheshire Senior Cup winner's medal with Runcorn before a second spell with Tranmere Rovers, then returned to Telford United, winning an FA Trophy medal with the Shropshire outfit.
In his first season with Altrincham in 1990/1, he scored 33 goals in 56 appearances in all competitions and finished the season with the Robins' Player of the Year award, part of a side that went 28 games without defeat and scored in 10 consecutive games. He also managed hat tricks against Merthyr, Boston and Cheltenham.
He continued to score goals during his second season with the club, despite the Moss Lane outfit barely surviving the drop.
After some time at Barrow, he entered the League of Wales with Conwy United and set a club scoring record with 38 goals in 1995/6.
At Bangor City, he became a firm favourite with the Farrar Road faithful and won a Welsh Cup Winners medal with them.
He joined TNS in 1998, playing a major part as a player in the Saints' championship winning season of 1999/2000
He scored 27 goals in 35 appearances (+43 as sub), taking the managerial reins at the Llansantffraid club at the turn of the year in season 2000/1.
In his final Welsh Premier appearance (for now) in May 2001, he scored twice at Haverfordwest, although he re-registered as a player in 2003/4 at the tender age of 44 to help TNS through an injury crisis and made a couple of cameo appearances in league games in 2004/

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 01:28:24 PM »

Duke, I'm not patronising you here mate, just bear woth cos I'm giggling a bit here. I know you've only been coming to Alty for a few years but did you actually search out Ken McKenna on the internet and then conclude from the profile that he fits some sort of criteria.

That doesn't really do half the job.  :)

Alex

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 01:40:17 PM »

no ballers i am that bored lol i was looking up some results from yesterday in the welsh league and came across this and thought i would post it as i beleive ken would make a good manager (having looked at his record for TNS) and i know he is a popular man with alty fans and think he could do a good job. but i wasn't suggesting that that paragraph makes him the man for the job but his record as a manager would to me make him head and shoulders above anyone else in line for the assistant managers job

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »

No what I mean mate is that you appear a little unaware of just how much of a hero Ken McKenna is to Alty fans, the man doesn't need a managerial cv at all that's what I meant. As in I find it amusing that you looked at his profile and thought, yes he could be good. When I say it does half the job I mean it just doesn't tell the Ken McKenna story.

Does anybody else here understand what I'm saying?

Alex

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 01:58:55 PM »

i get what u mean now i read ur post's together but as you say i havn't seen him play so i feel his cv was needed lol only joking but i do get what yo mean

but now you mention searching ken mckenna on line i did find this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOiGIOOQ_DA
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 02:04:15 PM by The Duke »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 02:05:23 PM »

Without looking is it his goal in Welsh Cup Final?

Edit: Yup!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 02:10:09 PM by Ballers »

Alex

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 02:08:36 PM »

yeah, but just a side note there is a severe lack of alty goals on youtube  >:(
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team