PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark to kick off Saturdays game
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mark to kick off Saturdays game  (Read 5912 times)

DAB @ ALTY

Re: Mark to kick off Saturdays game
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 12:04:29 PM »

I hope Mark and his family have a brilliant day at Moss Lane today,it will be great for him to see so many faces from the past and the present who have connections with Alty.Well done to all at the club for organising all that is happening today and let's not forget to say a big thankyou to everybody at Tranmere Rovers who will be playing a big part in making this a most memorable day for a truly great fella.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 12:15:31 PM »

does anybody know what time the bar is opening want to get there early and get my alty shirt

Normally between 1230-1pm
@AltyDaz

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 07:10:54 PM »

At 3pm, Maddox will stride towards the centre circle and set the game in motion, in the red and white stripes he once adorned, before being substituted and leaving the field, to what is certain to be a prolonged and heartfelt ovation.

'We have arranged with the referee that one of our starting X1 will be kept off the pitch, while Mark takes his place and performs the kick-off', said chairman Grahame Rowley. 'Mark will then be substituted almost immediately, but, for a few seconds, he will be an Altrincham player again. He will be part of the team, and we are so pleased he has agreed to do it. It should be a memorable day all round, but that is going to be a particularly special moment.'

I don't think that I will ever forget the ovation when Mads was substituted and nor do I ever want to.

I'm getting emotional now just typing this. A fitting response to a true legend wholly deserved. I only wish the surrounding circumstances were happier.

My, sorry OUR Club doing what it's done today and the dignity that Mark has shown remind me of why I love this Club so much and respect and admire the legendary No4 so much as well.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 11:26:52 PM »

I have not yet mentioned anything about Mark as yet on this website, but will so after today's game.

My strongest memory of Mark is his FA cup goal against Darlington, and his uncompromising style of play as a centre back. He lived a footballers dream when he was plucked from Sunday football by John King, and added to The Alty FC squad, but it was both as a player and a man where the club and we have benefitted. He fully deserved his day today, and I for one would like to thank our football club for the way it has honoured him, and which he fully deserves.

It was so good to see him back at the club, and I know he has many memories to take away as a player, and I wish him and his family all the best and really hope they all enjoyed their day.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark to kick off Saturdays game