Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Promoting Saturdays Game in the Schools....
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Promoting Saturdays Game in the Schools....  (Read 5911 times)

bumble

Re: Promoting Saturdays Game in the Schools....
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »

Things such as the penalties are good ways ie getting kids proper involved

andrewflynn

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 05:16:11 PM »

Older fans still in education could play a part in promoting this to the younger years, I attend the Sixth Form at Wellington School and could easily raise the awareness of this among the lower school. Maybe I could look into the possibility of posting fixture posters around the school? The majority of my friends began watching Alty in the earlier stages of secondary education, it seems like a general trend and I'd love to help it continue.

Butty

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 05:37:34 PM »

Older fans still in education could play a part in promoting this to the younger years, I attend the Sixth Form at Wellington School and could easily raise the awareness of this among the lower school. Maybe I could look into the possibility of posting fixture posters around the school? The majority of my friends began watching Alty in the earlier stages of secondary education, it seems like a general trend and I'd love to help it continue.

Ive made this point before and been ignored, but as a sixth former myself, I don't go to Alty as much now because I can go and watch Premier League football at Bolton for less- when I ask people to come along to the Alty match, the usual response is "£8 to watch that?! I can go to @#?!$ fc for less than that"- wouldnt it be an idea to extend the junior prices to U18s instead of U16s?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 05:48:44 PM »

Ive made this point before and been ignored, but as a sixth former myself, I don't go to Alty as much now because I can go and watch Premier League football at Bolton for less- when I ask people to come along to the Alty match, the usual response is "£8 to watch that?! I can go to @#?!$ fc for less than that"- wouldnt it be an idea to extend the junior prices to U18s instead of U16s?

Huh? So who do you actually support? Alty or Bolton, or is it just about watching a game in which case most pubs will help you there. How much does it cost to get to Horwich BTW?

There is possibly a case for extending concession prices but I'd like to think it wouldn't be abused so ID required or a student card maybe.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Butty

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »

I follow both Alty and Bolton, and this season I have been going to Bolton, as a season ticket for a 17 year old is £45- compared to £115 at Altrincham. Put yourself in my shoes- the chance to watch Premier League football week in week out, or a team in the 5th tier of English football.
Also a return train ticket from Piccadilly to Horwich Parkway costs £3.60- as I live in Stretford, the met fare is roughly the same either way

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 08:29:56 PM »

I follow both Alty and Bolton, and this season I have been going to Bolton, as a season ticket for a 17 year old is £45- compared to £115 at Altrincham. Put yourself in my shoes- the chance to watch Premier League football week in week out, or a team in the 5th tier of English football.
Also a return train ticket from Piccadilly to Horwich Parkway costs £3.60- as I live in Stretford, the met fare is roughly the same either way

OK hard to argue with the prices but for me I watch the team I support when I can. My lad is now a season a ticket holder at Fulham, he's 14 now so I'm happy for him to go alone but again its a deal most clubs can't match £99!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bumble

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 08:35:09 PM »

OK hard to argue with the prices but for me I watch the team I support when I can. My lad is now a season a ticket holder at Fulham, he's 14 now so I'm happy for him to go alone but again its a deal most clubs can't match £99!

£19 at sunderland

Bolton do do a lot of good deals - £15 for a three game ticket earier in the season include stoke utd and birmingham - however altrincham played H/Y and Bath on two of the three games so i didnt buy it (missed the coach for those two!)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 08:39:36 PM »

Not too sound cynical,but i did wonder how bolton ended so many millions of pounds in the red!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 08:44:46 PM »

What a great scheme and 100% credit to the club and those that have helped make this happen. Hopefully it'll draw in a big crowd and even if just one family gets hooked then its been a success.

Hopefully a big crowd so over to the players ....

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 10:55:17 PM »

Why? I was at the Bolton game last night with my mate from uni who is a Wolves fan. It was atrocious. Empty seats everywhere, poor football and a shocking atmosphere from the Bolton fans. And it cost me £15. It was a tenner for juniors as well. I know which one i preferred. The only decent thing about Bolton was the cheeseburgers. Not a decent pie in sight either. (Colts or cooks or some such crap.)

Back on topic. Great work by the club. Hit em young (not literally). Thats the way to do it. I've been hooked ever since I started going at 5/6

bumble

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 07:41:42 AM »

Yes primary schools is the place to start but we should also target those in y6(11)-y9(14)

markecky

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 09:20:20 AM »

Put yourself in my shoes- the chance to watch Premier League football week in week out, or a team in the 5th tier of English football.

Without wishing to start a "who is a bigger fan" contest I suppose it depends on how much you actually support the club.

Bolton Wanderers could offer to drive me there each Saturday and pay me in and it wouldn't interest me in the slightest.

These sort of comparisons are heavily loaded.  Bolton gain millions of pounds in Sky TV money which allows them to offer such discounts.  I bet gate money there is a tiny fraction of income against sponsorship and tv revenue.

To Alty its a massive part.

You may have a valid point with under 18's thing but the price comparison for me is an unfair one.

fuertes

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »

Whatever happened to supporting the team that represents your community? Isn't that the point of football clubs?

I don't want to hunt around for the 'best value' football club in a thirty mile radius, then make my choice as a consumer. Why is everything treated as a business now? Football, health, education. Christ, the government is even selling forests in order to make money. Heaven forbid something exists simply for the benefit of the local community and is supported by members of that community.

bumble

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »

If it's a community club - why don't we utilise our community shops - giving local shops a bunch to either off or simply give to young children/families - work well with chippy's ext.. Quote a lot of people have a take away on a Friday night, so why not give tickets in take aways?

andyc

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »

I live in Stockport and know a few who would come along with their kids for a fiver. Are there any tickets left and if not could they still get in for a fiver with their child at the turnstiles without one?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Promoting Saturdays Game in the Schools....