News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 IlkesGONE town

Author Topic: IlkesGONE town  (Read 3551 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
IlkesGONE town
« on: September 08, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »

Ilkeston town were wound up in the high court this morning.bsn back to 21 teams again! they were shut down over a fairly modest £55k tax debt,looks like the hmrc are finally getting tough!!!!!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: IlkesGONE town
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 03:48:33 PM »

Yep, the HMRC are finally getting their act together with these clubs. Though, yet to see them take on a bigger club other than these "easy" targets.

Looks like Ilkeston arent too happy, as they (like them all) say they were close to securing a deal to pay the debt back. Unsuprisingly, they are appealing the decision.

Hopefully, more teams will take note, and stop spending so much money on silly ambitions.

finnquark

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 01:45:59 AM »

If they don't win their appeal, does anyone reckon Chukki Eribenne might be worth a punt (if the funds were there, etc.)?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

I was in Cambridge last night and the pleasure of reading the Cambridge paper this morning.

There was an amusing story about Histon being in the sh*t with the council because they hired some "travellers" to clear some area behind the ground. Turning a blind eye to the fact that 14 of the trees were protected.

Their fine could be £20K, the chairman said he would only be able to pay it at 1p a week!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:10:27 PM »

I was in Cambridge last night and the pleasure of reading the Cambridge paper this morning.

There was an amusing story about Histon being in the sh*t with the council because they hired some "travellers" to clear some area behind the ground. Turning a blind eye to the fact that 14 of the trees were protected.

Their fine could be £20K, the chairman said he would only be able to pay it at 1p a week!

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 08:10:24 AM »

I wonder which Branch of the bank they will have to pay the fine in to  :D

I'll get me coat...

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 10:05:23 AM »

it's about time histon turned over a new leaf re. their finances.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »

Perhaps when they get a new man at the ELM they'll CONKER their problems and stop making an ASH of things. To be FIR I think many of their older fans PINE for a return to lower grade football. They just seem to LARCH from one crisis to another. I'll take my BOUGH and LEAF now.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 11:01:16 AM »

Perhaps when they get a new man at the ELM they'll CONKER their problems and stop making an ASH of things. To be FIR I think many of their older fans PINE for a return to lower grade football. They just seem to LARCH from one crisis to another. I'll take my BOUGH and LEAF now.

Anymore puns like this and I'll be SYCAMORE times than YEW can imagine !

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 11:28:29 AM »

Genius

You didnt mention the fact that they WILLOW the taxman a lot of cash, and he's likely to take a FERN stance on the repayment. Someone needs to get to the ROOT of this!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 11:49:52 AM »

Not that old CHESTNUT again... If they pay the fine they will be OAKay..

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 02:10:57 PM »

Cannot understand they didn't twig it was wrong.
@AltyDaz

wonderstuff

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 04:28:49 PM »

Please, I'm ASPEN you all to stop this LARCH.

jimmyhank

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 05:52:19 PM »

All these puns are enough to drive you to drink. I'm off for a vodka and tonic with a slice of LIME.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 IlkesGONE town