News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 April the first

Author Topic: April the first  (Read 2729 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
April the first
« on: April 01, 2012, 08:04:57 AM »

For a min there I thought that despite being a well supported team with some of the key players from last season and a fourty plus striker that we weren't going to make the playoffs.  Then I saw the date, april fool surely?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: April the first
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 08:23:27 AM »

For a min there I thought that despite being a well supported team with some of the key players from last season and a fourty plus striker that we weren't going to make the playoffs.  Then I saw the date, april fool surely?
managment is an incredibly difficult thing i am certain Graham bought in twiss and reeves in at the same time in 2010 and they are like chalk and cheese

One has been incredible, one a lazy money grabber

Managers stand and fall by big decisisons

Time for Lee to step up and make some big decisions now

No hiding behind one mistake signing any more

ParkINson's red and white army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 09:03:33 AM »

The defending issue has been a comedy of errors.Now in preseason we looked solid enough, and no one could imagine Flynn (A) and Jones were going to be so poor, although the warning signs were there when droylsden never came back for jones. Since then we've lurched from one disaster to another, be it re-signing Williams on loan, signing Hawes on loan, both painfully slow and error prone.One of which any supporter could have told you about. We've currently got one recognised centre back at the club, he's 36 and injured.We signed two other defenders that were in a Hyde defence that conceeded 80 goals last season, now I really like Chris lynch, he runs through walls For the cause, but he's not a centre back.The FIRST issue that needs addressing as soon as its over is the defence.Two Quality full backs, and three quick and tactically aware centre backs.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »

and thats the worrying thing, our manager is an ex defender so why the hell can't he sort that out ?

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 12:08:19 PM »

managment is an incredibly difficult thing i am certain Graham bought in twiss and reeves in at the same time in 2010 and they are like chalk and cheese

If memory serves I think we were all quite impressed when we bought Twissy, but hindsight is a marvellous thing isn't it? He had an appalling 1st season, but has put in some decent performances this season. How were we to know at the time, however, that he would not be value for money?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »

I think a lot of supporters at the time were very dubious at the signing of twiss, especially after reports of how bad he was at stalybridge.

Altyant

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 09:25:05 PM »

and thats the worrying thing, our manager is an ex defender so why the hell can't he sort that out ?

Individually Walmsley, Broomes, Lynch, Smart and Flynn are all good players. However we havent had a settled back 4 all season. Its possible that he has targets who he cant bring in for one reason or another. Im sure that he is just as unhappy with the defending as we are

John Crewe

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 11:17:13 PM »

If memory serves I think we were all quite impressed when we bought Twissy, but hindsight is a marvellous thing isn't it? He had an appalling 1st season, but has put in some decent performances this season. How were we to know at the time, however, that he would not be value for money?

i dont know anyone who was impressed when we signed Twiss

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »

Graham Heathcote must have been I assume

Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 11:34:18 PM »

i dont know anyone who was impressed when we signed Twiss

I bel;ieve the thread subject was "Lets Twiss Again"
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 April the first