News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cote's quotes: Alty 3 Halifax 3

Author Topic: Cote's quotes: Alty 3 Halifax 3  (Read 1210 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 05, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »

By Connor Murphy
Comment
GRAHAM Heathcote praised his players' character after they came from behind no fewer than three times to claim a point against Halifax.

The Robins had looked set for a rough night after going 1-0 down within five minutes but they stuck with Halifax throughout and ultimately deserved a share of the spoils.

Some will see the draw as an opportunity missed, with Alty needing to pick up wins to ensure they stay ahead of their rivals in the Blue Square Premier relegation battle
 But the Alty boss is keen not to place too much importance on any one game and remains confident his side can still avoid relegation.

He told SAM Sport: "I'm a little bit disappointed about the result but I think the players showed fantastic character to stay in the game when we didn't play well.

"We had a tough week last week with a couple of tough trips to the south coast and the players really had to dig deep to get the result on the back of that.

"Pre-Christmas that was a game we would've lost and my motto at the moment is if you can't take the three points, don't lose the one.

"There is no such thing as a must-win game. We have to go out to win every game we play home or away and it gets a bit tiresome when people start talking about must-win games.

"We have 11 games to go now and that's all that matters. We need to be completely focussed on getting the results."

Heathcote made a bold attempt to put his team on the front foot from the off, deploying a 3-4-3 formation.

But Alty were barely able to utilise their three-pronged attack of Colin Little, Chris Senior and Joe O'Neill because their defence couldn't quite come to terms with the new system.

The back three all seemed unsure of their roles both indivdually and as a unit and Heathcote blames himself for the poor start.

He said: "I tried something different to start the game, in terms of tactics, and we were all over the shop.

"I thought we had a good chance of winning so I played three at the back and attempted to take the game to Halifax. But they exploited that and played some good football during the first 45 minutes.

"Everytime we open up to teams we concede goals, we can't seem to cope unless we play two banks of four."

4:06pm today

@AltyDaz

Narcissist

Re: Cote's quotes: Alty 3 Halifax 3
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 08:35:55 AM »

Spot on GH.

I firmly believe his attitude is perfect for keeping alty in this league now.

Bring on 2 home games and more points.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team