* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 lewis

Author Topic: lewis  (Read 3306 times)

Alex

lewis
« on: August 30, 2007, 10:01:50 PM »

i was just wandering what reception you rekon he is likely to get on saturday, i for one think he is already benifiting from the full time training (anyone who saw his goal the other week will back me up on that). but was just trying to gather your thoughts

penfold

Re: lewis
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 10:14:53 PM »

gd point you have made there. I think the reaction will be quite mixed one part of me says he will get some stick, but others say he wont when he did play for us some goal he scored were gd, but i do think he thought he was better than everyone else at the club.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 10:16:01 PM »

Your avatar hurts my head.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 10:17:18 PM »

He'll get no reaction from meunless he runs over to us kissing the badge when he scores shouting "have that, have that"

Which of course such a level headed lad would never do.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 10:21:36 PM »

Your avatar hurts my head.

you love it rele

He'll get no reaction from meunless he runs over to us kissing the badge when he scores shouting "have that, have that"

if he does that i can expect he'll get quite a reaction from a lot of people

Daycare Dan

Re: Lewis
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 10:23:59 PM »

you love it real

The tab of acid I dropped 20 mins ago may not have helped the situation.

Back on topic. Not bothered either way about Lewis, did a reasonable job for us, left to better himself and good luck to him.

From Sunday onwards.

Alex

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 10:27:07 PM »

did u get the animation i e-mailed u b4?

you love it real

The tab of acid I dropped 20 mins ago may not have helped the situation.

Back on topic. Not bothered either way about Lewis, did a reasonable job for us, left to better himself and good luck to him.

From Sunday onwards.

agreed all the best to him was just sick of readin posts about if GH should go or not  :D

Daycare Dan

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 10:30:15 PM »

did u get the animation i e-mailed u b4?

Nope. Goes and turns on Outlook.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 10:42:53 PM »

He'll get no reaction from meunless he runs over to us kissing the badge WHEN he scores shouting "have that, have that"

Yup, that's the operative word. never worked out why that happens. Saw Carl Baker kissing his Morecambe badge on Wednesday having spent all last season assuring PortChat he wouldn't go to their lancashire rivals. Nice!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 12:43:18 AM »

Hand on heart, if you can say that you would turn down an offer to quadruple (reportedly) your wages for doing a job that you enjoy, then feel free to jeer him.

Now, if Andy Scott were to return to Moss Lane, well, that would be a different matter....!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Inaura

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 01:05:05 AM »

Completely agree with Cult.

Lewis was a great youngster for us and is a great credit to the club's reserve setup, hope he goes on to play league football.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 01:34:19 AM »

Agree with both of you. I have no problem with people progressing or bettering themselves.

It would be nice occasionally to see a bit of credit though.  Maybe a statement in the NLP interview that says:

"I owe Altrincham a lot as they got me back on track when my career looked like it was going a bit AWOL.  They helped me get into the England setup and I'll always be grateful for that.  However the offer of full time was too good to turn down at Aldershot and I am enjoying my time here.  They are a good bunch of lads and the gaffer is top class.  Its always nice to score but this is the first hat trick I've got at this level."

teasybeaver

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 08:09:21 AM »

Agree with both of you. I have no problem with people progressing or bettering themselves.

It would be nice occasionally to see a bit of credit though.  Maybe a statement in the NLP interview that says:

"I owe Altrincham a lot as they got me back on track when my career looked like it was going a bit AWOL.  They helped me get into the England setup and I'll always be grateful for that.  However the offer of full time was too good to turn down at Aldershot and I am enjoying my time here.  They are a good bunch of lads and the gaffer is top class.  Its always nice to score but this is the first hat trick I've got at this level."

Your like my mrs, she's always putting words in my mouth!  ;)

He worked hard for us and didnt exactly leave under a cloud. He was open about his ambitions. If by some miracle I was to attend the game i'd give him a clap and not much else. Good luck to the lad!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 lewis